Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

Author Topic: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 41 - Delays and Some Gameplay Overhaul  (Read 42774 times)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0! A Continuation of the Magic RTD!
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 07:07:01 pm »

Turn 15

Find the source with the gnomes.                                                                                                             
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         _____
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        |  2    |
The gnomes lead you over to the source where they hear the mechanics to be the loudest.  It is straight in front of the corner of wall 2 and 3 (assuming house is shaped so:1        3  )
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        |__4__|
| You find a small griphold in the ground!

Follow Talius; examine surroundings while walking.
Zofus is back, baby~

You follow Talius and observe your surroundings.  The Yarian structures are extremely beautiful and majestic, although you can't figure out the purpose some of the serve.  | On the way there, you notice a man being mugged!

Cry at failure: Then cast more water rope.

| You fail at crying.  In fact, you are so heartless, your dry eyes start to burn!  (-1 for 2 turns).

Kira noticed the power of the elemental, as well as the pungent stench that was once the senior mage she was fighting.
"Look out, Djork!"

Complexo Ventus : Weak Air Shift, to dodge away//move farther from that elemental.

Then, Ortus Aer: Minor Blade of Air from that range!

You promply shout your warning and try to GTFO.  |  You shift an appropriate distance away, and the elemental doesn't even notice you move!  You then | cast a small(-.5 to damage) blade of air that hits the elemental |  That doesn't damage it, but sure as heck irritates it!  |  Luckily, it still has Djork as a the much larger threat.

You gain +3 Complexo Ventus!  You also gain +2 to Minor Blade of Air.  It is now instant cast!

I rather missed this thread, and not because of all the SWEET ELF NOOKIE I was getting.

Go visit the next house on the list.

You go to Dell Udagar Jr.'s house.  You knock on the door.  You wait for a minute, but no one answers.  You knock again, but still no one answers.  Looks like no one's home.

Oh, sorry. Didn't realize I was holding things up.

Search for where the water drained into. Call up to the mage I'm with.

| You quickly find the drain and, taking initiative, rip off the grater.  Not the best idea, seeing as you're now covered in disgusting filth (-1 to rolls until clean).  You are too distracted to call Dorian.

Friendly/Neutral NPC's

Dorian: You have no clue

Wind Monstrosity:  The Wind Monstrosity and Lightning Elemental clash!  || The Lightning Elemental Annihilates the Wind Monstrosity in a powerful explosion!

Djork:  Djork casts two spells.  | The First one is a large tornado that springs from his hand and crashes into the Lightning Elemental.  | |.  The tornado damages it's magical core slightly.  The second spell | Is a powerful wind shield that springs up around Kira.  Djork says "This fight is beyond your level!"

Enemy NPC's

Powerful Electric Elemental:  The Elemental bursts out sound that can only be a roar.  It starts to blast out large electric discharges that shatter all over the room.  The discharges seem to miss Djork, but the beast starts to glow with incredible intensity.  |  Then, only for a second, everything stops.  And then you see an explosion of white that clears up into something that can only be described as a gigantic blast of ungodly blue energy.  It has consumed Djork and you cannot see him anywhere.  The blasts continues plowing into the wall behind Djork.

Chipped Magical Core

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  You really don't know where you are.

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Known (click to show/hide)

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  In the heart of Tantalan, in the Fighters Guild.  Wounded Left Shoulder

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  In a strange ruin located in Ggryymirr.

Zofus "Zerg" Berg (FuzzyZergling)

Male Human.  From the College Sursum Propinquus quod Alio.  In the Mage's Guild. Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.  Slightly Mangled Right Hand

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, in the household of Janus Dovian.

Spoiler: Perks (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 08:00:14 pm »

Hm...

Put grate back on, flip switch again.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 08:05:55 pm »

Bah.  I'll check back later.

Skip him and go on to the next house.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 08:24:41 pm »

Attempt to cast a stonger healing spell, on zofus to heal his hand.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2012, 08:41:38 pm »

Thanks.
Attempt to intimidate the thief into running.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 09:59:28 pm »

((I never did experiment enough on how many free dream actions could be done in a turn. Sorry if this is too many, I'd just like to stop wasting turns with no chance of character progression.))

Will the walls/roof of the house away and lift with the griphold (Lifting it takes priority if destroying the house takes an action). Preferably with my hands, but just will it to raise if it's too heavy, or failing that, will in a few strong dwarves to lift it for me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2012, 02:59:32 am »

"Djork?!

"NO!"

Complexo Ventus: Weak Air Shift to a safer location and while talking to Van.

"Alright, my friend. What is an elemental's weakness?"

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile

Turn 16

A funny and epic round.  At least, it's funny to me.

Hm...

Put grate back on, flip switch again.

You place the grate back where it goes, and flip the switch.  The pool starts filling up!  The water returns to previous level... and keeps filling up!  You don't know why it's doing that, but you better find some way to stop it, or get the hell out of there.

Bah.  I'll check back later.

Skip him and go on to the next house.

You make for the house of Bale Withersnake.  You knock on the door, and the door opens to... a female human, who seems to be somewhere in her early twenties.  She raises her eye brow at you and says, "What's a mage doing here?  Are you investigating my fathers disappearance?"

| You feel magic flow through you, and you begin to heal Zofus's hand!  But it's going to take a while....

Learned new spell Healing Glow!  This spell will heal back together anything, but the more severe it is the longer it will take.  Even paper cuts will take a minute or two.  Reconnecting a limb would take ~4 days. So rather unfortunately, it's only really useful on wounds that may be debilitating, but not life threatening.  You gain +2 to Healing Glow, and +1 to Ianus Resarcio for discovering a new spell.

Attempt to intimidate the thief into running.

|  You narrow your eyes at the theif.  This is what you were born to do!  Protect the innocent from the wicked....

"Stop there evildoer!  You may think that you are safe in your evil ways, but no more, heathen!  I am Zofus "Zerg" Berg!  Protector of Justice! Lover of the Peace! Guardian of the Good! Friend of the People!  Consort of Nice Things!  Magistrate of Happiness!  Rescuer of Scared Kittens!  Justicar of Wonderfullness!  The Stalwart Defender of Being Good!  Warrior of Love!  Equalizer of things that are not Equalized!  The Indestructable Leader of things that may or may not be good, depending on your point of view, because of the relativity of Morals!  Power Ranger of... The Red One!  The Great-"

During your superhero ranting the mugger finishes taking all of the mans money, and then rapes him for good measure.  He then scurries off.

"Source of Super Niceness!  Bodyguard of the People!  Fighter of Bad Stuff!  Genie of Generosity! The Hapless-"

((I never did experiment enough on how many free dream actions could be done in a turn. Sorry if this is too many, I'd just like to stop wasting turns with no chance of character progression.))

Will the walls/roof of the house away and lift with the griphold (Lifting it takes priority if destroying the house takes an action). Preferably with my hands, but just will it to raise if it's too heavy, or failing that, will in a few strong dwarves to lift it for me.

(I apologize if I was unclear, the griphold was outside the house, just near the corner.

You easily lift the the grip, and it reveals itself to be a trapdoor.  There is a set of stairs going down.

"Djork?!

"NO!"

Complexo Ventus: Weak Air Shift to a safer location and while talking to Van.

"Alright, my friend. What is an elemental's weakness?"

Well you would, but the shield still holds tight.  For a second, you think this may mean Djork survived, but you remember from your studies that Shields hold for a certain amount of time, regardless of magical power.

You ask Van what the weakness of the lightning elemental was.

"Well, usually lightning elementals are weak against wind, but this one so powerful that it negates even most wind powers.  In my original form I could have defeated this thing, but it would been a very hard fight.  Other than that, the only part you can damage the elemental at is it's magical core.  Once that's destroyed, it'll dissipate."

Friendly/Neutral NPC's

Dorian: You have no clue

Djork:  The blast of elemental lightning dims down, and all you can see is a pile of rubble.  However, in a great flash, the rubble explodes and out emerges Dorian, looking scuffed up but not truly worse for wear.  He glares at the Lightning Elemental, and yells, "Alright, You want to play, let's play!"  Djork has removed his limiter!  You didn't know he even had one on, casting all those powerful spells.  "Try this on for size." |  He calls up the power of wind, and at least one hundred gigantic spears of wind spring up, floating around Djork.  "This is my ultimate spell, One Thousand Spears.  If you can survive this, you will have my great admiration."  The spears instantly lunge towards the elemental.

Enemy NPC's

Powerful Electric Elemental:  The elemental lets out an unholy screech. The elemental literally explodes in a blaze of electricity.  It destroys the walls and ceiling of the cave, opening you up to the sky.  The Elemental grows in size!  It becomes at least 30 meters tall, and starts arcing with incredible electrical energy.  Electrical bolts start to discharge and ravage the land.  Then, the spears start to descend. | |  The sky blazes with spears of wind moving faster than the speed of sound towards the elemental, but the beast matches it, arcs of electricity exploding off of the elemental countering the deadly weapons.  However, the spears kept coming, instantly appearing again if they were dissipated.  | |  The spears begin descending with unbridled alacrity, and the elemental cannot begin to keep up.  Spears cut and piece it's core, yet the beast stands firm.  However, three absolutely gigantic spears form around the elemental, in the formation of a triangle.  The spears are at least half the size of the elemental.  The spears shoot down, and the sky becomes a sea of white.  When it clears, the elemental is starting to lose it's shape, the three spears piercing it trough the core.  The elemental glows with power one last time, and thunder clouds start to form over it's head.  Then, a blast of electricity, at least three times larger than the one that overtook Djork, shoots down towards it's head.  The beast grows, inflating to an disproportional size before... nothing.  It simply disappears.

And then then reappears in a gigantic explosion.  A large ball of electricity expands at an ungodly rate, tearing and ravaging the countryside.  It almost goes too fast for you to truly see it, but it seems to hit an apex of at least 2 kilometers in width.  It dissipates into nothing.  You look at the scorched earth around you, and you faintly realize if not for the shield, you would be dead.  But, it's over.  The elemental is gone.

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  You really don't know where you are.

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  In the heart of Tantalan, in the Fighters Guild.  Wounded Left Shoulder

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  In a strange ruin located in Ggryymirr.

Zofus "Zerg" Berg (FuzzyZergling)

Male Human.  From the College Sursum Propinquus quod Alio.  In the Mage's Guild. Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.  A Healing, Slightly Mangled Right Hand

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, in the household of Janus Dovian.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 01:39:09 pm by Baradine »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile

Well, at least I didn't get stabbed or something... I wonder what Talius was thinking through all of that.
Resume following Talius.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Well on the bright side, it should heal eventually.. So lets cast it again!

Apply more healing glow onto the slightly mangled hand
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile

Well on the bright side, it should heal eventually.. So lets cast it again!

Apply more healing glow onto the slightly mangled hand

The spell keeps on going until it's finished.  There's like a little ball of light over his hand.  You don't have to sustain it.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Ah, oh cool. Still, my action is basically trying to apply another healing glow to his hand, in addition to the already there Healing Glow. Still, it should be fine soonish.

Practice casting water rope.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Flip switch back off, wash hands.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Thrakor nods.

"I presume your father is Bale Withersnake?  Yes ma'am, I am.  I am Thrakor of the Archaeologist's Guild, and I am investigating the disappearance of several people, including your father.  What can you tell me of your father?  Had he mentioned anything strange or acted unusually before he vanished?  Did he have any enemies?  Do you know where he was headed last?"

Ask the above.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile

Hey, just a head's up, tomorrow I'm moving. I may be without internet for a week, or six months.
So, don't wait up for me if I suddenly disappear.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21