Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

Author Topic: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 41 - Delays and Some Gameplay Overhaul  (Read 42758 times)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile

I'll put you on a priority waitlist.  I'll take you out of the game for a bit, and put you back in when you get back.  I'll just have 7 players for while.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go down the stairs.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Wield Van

Kira stepped forward on the ground, hearing the crunch of ash and blasted rock beneath her boots. "Djork? You... alive?"

That was bloody amazing!
I love this guild.
How did that mage do that?

"Van, conserve your powers of mending and healing for him, if you wish."

If found, heal Djork.
If not, keep on searching and heal self.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 17, Rude Daughters and Forgetful Mages
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2012, 12:49:58 am »

Turn 17

A rather meh-ish turn, but I do what I can.

Well, at least I didn't get stabbed or something... I wonder what Talius was thinking through all of that.
Resume following Talius.

You keep on down the down the road, your idiocy ignored by all.  You arrive at the guild hall, it being a rather beautiful cathedral.  Talius shows you and Ochita inside.  He takes you to a large corridor.

"You have already been assigned a room, just find the one that has your name on it.  After that, you can go to the Mission Room if you wish.  It's not too hard to find.  You can really do anything you want, but if the door's locked, don't try and break it down."

Ah, oh cool. Still, my action is basically trying to apply another healing glow to his hand, in addition to the already there Healing Glow. Still, it should be fine soonish.

Practice casting water rope.

Yeah... your healing spell just makes the old one dissipate.  | You perfectly cast the Water Rope spell several times, and although your mastery of the spell has reached it's apex through conventional practice, it still helps your abilities with water magic.

On another note, you receive the same speech as Zofus does, but before leaving, Talius says something.

"Wasn't there one more of you?"

You gain +4 to Liquidus Umbra!  You level up!  You gain the title Water Chestnut!

Flip switch back off, wash hands.

|  You blast down to the bottom of the pool, and flip the switch with incredible speed!  However, you're too overenthusiastic, and you go too fast, knocking yourself unconscious (-2 for all rolls, failguard).

Thrakor nods.

"I presume your father is Bale Withersnake?  Yes ma'am, I am.  I am Thrakor of the Archaeologist's Guild, and I am investigating the disappearance of several people, including your father.  What can you tell me of your father?  Had he mentioned anything strange or acted unusually before he vanished?  Did he have any enemies?  Do you know where he was headed last?"

Ask the above.

| She narrows her eyes at you and says, "My father is Bale Withersnake.  And I don't need to tell you anything, since I have this case figured out,"

She doesn't seem to like you.  However, you catch her glance hatefully at your guild insignia, so it may just be something else....

Go down the stairs.

You go down the stairs, and would you know it, there are a large amount of cogs rotating in tandem, just like you guessed.  There seems to be a path going through the cogs, at first glance.

Wield Van

Kira stepped forward on the ground, hearing the crunch of ash and blasted rock beneath her boots. "Djork? You... alive?"

That was bloody amazing!
I love this guild.

"Van, conserve your powers of mending and healing for him, if you wish."

If found, heal Djork.
If not, keep on searching and heal self.

Well, you would have done all that, but the wind shield is still covering you.  However, you do see Djork coming, and he dispels the shield.  At which point he promptly collapses.  You run up to him, but he is not damaged in anyway you can see, and Van concurs with you.  He simply seems exhausted.

Friendly/Neutral NPC's

Dorian: You have no clue

Djork:  He's pretty unconscious.

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  You really don't know where you are.

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Known (click to show/hide)

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Also inside the Mage's Guild.

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  In the heart of Tantalan.  Wounded Left Shoulder

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  In a strange ruin located in Ggryymirr.

Zofus "Zerg" Berg (FuzzyZergling)

Male Human.  From the College Sursum Propinquus quod Alio.  In the Mage's Guild. Also inside the Mage's Guild.  A Healing, Slightly Mangled Right Hand

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, outside the house of Bale Withersnake.

Spoiler: Perks (click to show/hide)

That was bloody amazing!
I love this guild.

He's gifted, powerful, and went through a war.  Although, he's very rusty, the only real conflict he's ever had since the war was... nothing, actually.  He was probably the second strongest person in the Fighters guild (if not the strongest), and one of the top 20 strongest in the world, with no question.  Top 10 could be debatable. 

Now though, he hasn't had any challenges, so he's probably barely in the top 200, now.  Still that's out of over 10,000,000 Mages, so he's still pretty damn beastly.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:10:13 am by Baradine »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2012, 01:11:50 am »

Carry Djork back to the guild.

Report mission success.

Heal self, including shoulder.

Ask if I could keep the sword, later on.

Await Djork's reawakening, then ask for another mission!

"Should really learn that spell...soon."

If possible, ask later on on why the mage sacrificed himself to summon an elemental, which killed him.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2012, 09:46:53 am »

Thrakor looks at her expectantly for a couple second, then goes on.

"What has happened, then?  There are two other people that are missing, each with their own families that are wondering where they have gone.  Your assistance would help these other folks as well..."

Say above.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2012, 10:12:10 am »

"Uh... Oh. Yes..?" Ochita shrugs, and looks for his room, and then the mission room.

Attempt to get a mission!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2012, 01:40:38 pm »

I only have one obvious course of action. Clearly, I should execute it.

Jam gears with solid steel rods. Follow path if my reckless act of destruction doesn't cause anything particularly disruptive to occur.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2012, 03:20:46 pm »

Jam gears with solid steel rods. Follow path if my reckless act of destruction doesn't cause anything particularly disruptive to occur.

You can get through the path without stopping the cogs.  It's obscure, but easily navigable.  Unless you wanted to just stop the cogs for the hell of it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2012, 03:31:39 pm »

Absolutely nothing bad could possibly ever come from jamming cogs for no reason. Proceed with Science.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2012, 08:36:39 pm »

((Oh, sorry again.))

Er... clear head?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 18, Delicious Filler
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2012, 09:18:54 pm »

Turn 18

Another Filler turn.

Carry Djork back to the guild.

Report mission success.

Heal self, including shoulder.

Ask if I could keep the sword, later on.

Await Djork's reawakening, then ask for another mission!

"Should really learn that spell...soon."

If possible, ask later on on why the mage sacrificed himself to summon an elemental, which killed him.

You carry Djork back to the warriors guild with some difficulty.  He is fairly large after all.  After taking him to the infirmary, you go and report your success.  There is an elf at a desk, and he praises you for completing your task.  He gives you your payment, which is 50 gold and a tome, and from what you can make out, from the latin, is a book on wind magic.

You patiently go to the infirmity, having your staff passively heal your injury while you wait for Djork to await.  After an hour or so, he wakes up.  You ask why that mage sacrificed himself to summon the elemental.

He gives you a hard stare, "He didn't."

He eyes your tome, and before you can even ask for another mission, he get up from his bed and walks to the door.  He then says, without turning around, "Come with me."

((I highly doubt you will ever learn that spell.  Not only is it a complex level 10 spell with components far beyond your grasp, it is also Djork's signature spell, that he invented.  It was made very uniquely, so recreating it would be fairly difficult for you as well.))

Thrakor looks at her expectantly for a couple second, then goes on.

"What has happened, then?  There are two other people that are missing, each with their own families that are wondering where they have gone.  Your assistance would help these other folks as well..."

Say above.

"My assistance?" she says.

"I'm sorry but you could only assist me.  You're a mage, too.  You guys only makes things worse."

You better give a compelling argument.

((There shall be no speech roll against her.  You must actually talk her into helping you, or else you'll lose a huge lead.))

"Uh... Oh. Yes..?" Ochita shrugs, and looks for his room, and then the mission room.

Attempt to get a mission!

You go to the mission office.  There is a rather small human there, doing paperwork.  You go up to him and ask to see if you can get a mission.

| "Hmm... well, I have a request to stop a small scuffle.  Would you like to do that?"

You create a metal rod, and try to jam the gears.  The gears simply plow on through the rod, shearing it in half.

Anyways, you follow down the path, and you come into a clearing of sorts.  The clearing is blank except for a single floating... plane would be the best way you could describe it.

((Oh, sorry again.))

Er... clear head?

You attempt on clearing your head, but it doesn't seem to do anything, as you are immediately woken up by smelling salts from Dorian.  He seems to have found the trap door, and came down with a rope.

"Could you be any less careful?  Come on, let's go."

Friendly/Neutral NPC's

Dorian: He's climbing up the rope.

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  You really don't know where you are.

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Also inside the Mage's Guild.

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  In the heart of Tantalan.

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  In a strange ruin located in Ggryymirr.

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, outside the house of Bale Withersnake.

Zofus seems content to simply laze around and study.  Rather unlike of the Consort of Nice Things....

((And kisame12794, you're next on the waitlist, so just state the way you wish to enter the game.  You could enter a guild, or not, if you wish.  Just follow the rules of character creation.))
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 09:10:35 am by Baradine »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2012, 09:34:33 pm »

(((Is the tome based on a latin idea on the wind? In Aere Aedificare:P)))

"Alright."

No mission, then? D:

Follow Djork. Converse with Van.

"So you say he invented that spell? That means...it is possible to invent spells, right? How dangerous is it, or...is it possible to deviate from the known procedures?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 18, Delicious Filler
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2012, 09:45:17 pm »

"Sorry! Not normally this, er... predicament-prone, I suppose. Still curious where that water drains to, though!"

Follow Dorian.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2012, 10:00:14 pm »

(((Is the tome based on a latin idea on the wind? In Aere Aedificare:P)))

"Alright."

No mission, then? D:

Follow Djork. Converse with Van.

"So you say he invented that spell? That means...it is possible to invent spells, right? How dangerous is it, or...is it possible to deviate from the known procedures?"

That wasn't Van speaking to you, that was me informing you through meta-game.  In the actual game it would be common sense that it was a signature spell, and that you could invent spells.  That's why Van didn't tell you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21