Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Game Over!  (Read 66107 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Day 3 brings hope
« Reply #405 on: August 13, 2012, 08:26:57 am »

Great, three days wasted. Why did you extend if all the use that extension is put to comes down to "Toaster, you're scum." "Am not."?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 13, 2012, 08:38:14 am »

...Hapah, I've a sneaking suspicion that you're scum instead of Mr.D (who isn't posting :| )

Looks like I didn't miss much?
Thanks for that then Toaster, but I am truly sure that UI investigated you, and hit your mind shield.

Hapah, what did you even ask Meph? Surely, questions on the same tangent of thought cannot deviate if they're asked in the same fashion. "Hey Meph, suppose I've a Mind Shield and a Telepath hits me, do I know about it?" Or something like that?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 13, 2012, 08:45:16 am »

Oh, sorry Tir. I asked: "Will the holder of a Mind Shield know if any Psychic actions were attempted on them?"
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 13, 2012, 08:50:14 am »

Toaster: Sorry, missed that. Need more coffee!

Since I'm reasonably confident that you or Tir are the Exty. If it's Tir, he's out of tech (Advanced Holo to feign the Find result and the AssBot). You, however, would have only required the Assbot to get to where we are now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 13, 2012, 08:54:37 am »

Hapah:  You do realize a mislynch here leads to two scum and two town, with a 50% chance of Mr. D being unable to block after I blow spores?  You need to be a lot more sure than "X is more dangerous than Y" to be voting.  Do you have any reason to suspect me over Tiruin?

Remember, if you lynch me and Dariush and Tiruin don't cross kill, town can't win without a good block from Mr. D.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 13, 2012, 09:30:53 am »

Toaster: Sure, I realize it. I don't think it's quite as grim as you make it out to be, though.

I mean, it's definitely either you or Tir, right? There is absolutely no way to reconcile the two conflicting statements.

I'll try to keep tabs on things during the day, but my posts will be short. I really need to get to work now though!

Great, three days wasted. Why did you extend if all the use that extension is put to comes down to "Toaster, you're scum." "Am not."?
Do you have anything to add, then?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 13, 2012, 09:34:39 am »

Do you have anything to add, then?
No. Otherwise I would've added it in my last post.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 13, 2012, 10:06:20 am »

Hapah:  You do realize a mislynch here leads to two scum and two town, with a 50% chance of Mr. D being unable to block after I blow spores?  You need to be a lot more sure than "X is more dangerous than Y" to be voting.  Do you have any reason to suspect me over Tiruin?

Remember, if you lynch me and Dariush and Tiruin don't cross kill, town can't win without a good block from Mr. D.
Your last statement is why I do think you're the exty. Dariush is scum...how? Because you tried to goad him into slipping up on utterly illogical facts?

The only way I see Dariush being scum now, is if he did try a Wuba (TK-Style), but that would be very very brash of him to do, yet...you push the matter there.

What makes you so sure about Mr.D anyway?

PPE Dariush

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 13, 2012, 10:25:37 am »

PFP

Tir: Why couldn't Dar be the Dopp?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 13, 2012, 10:33:43 am »

Tir: Why couldn't Dar be the Dopp?

. . .

Err, did you read on my speculation on how he couldn't, or are you not paying attention to what you've...missed? At all?

Link'in: First count of thought on Dar ; Dariush did ask if the Scientist could kill his own clone, it is possible (but as I said, a whole waste of an additional life. What I'm thinking: Nobody in their right minds would do that! Dopp, or town! Especially the former.) ; Second count on thought ; Know that in both links, I've outlined what I thought on Dariush for clarity.

And Toaster missed:
Now, I may be blind, or stupid, or a combination of both, but tell me the benefits of a dopp team not killing at this situation and how it would balance the field in their favor?
In relation to his case on Dariush.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 13, 2012, 10:43:35 am »

PFP

Tir: I've read those twice and I still can't understand why Dar can't be the Dopp. Dar's double wasn't killed by the Dopp NK, he was killed by an Assassin Bot, if I'm reading the flavor correctly. Warm body = Morning kill, Morning kill = AssBot. AssBot probably came from the Exty, as a Dopp would have no reason not to claim it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 13, 2012, 10:51:22 am »

So you confirm it's warm body == Assassin bot? And a Warm body (and I mean heat, here) already means that, and not just another touch of flavor?

I'm thinking that that course of reasoning is too far off...we're in a lab, and flavor does not exactly lead to what kills what (Like...flamethrowers, or explosives?) I mean, it was charred. And on that, I don't want to scumhunt based on pure flavor. Ruins the game (and I'm guessing Meph isn't that sort of person. Thinking about that plant room in the past Paranormals for one)

Wait, why are you using flavor for confirmation by the way?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 13, 2012, 10:59:02 am »

So you confirm it's warm body == Assassin bot? And a Warm body (and I mean heat, here) already means that, and not just another touch of flavor?
Meph felt that it was important enough to add that the body was warm. Body is still warm because it hasn't been dead long (hence, morning kill, MK = AssBot).

Meph: Is the flavor for kills always nearly generic, like was said by UI earlier in that link?

Flavor tends to give clues to the cause of death and it will follow general patterns.

On these lines, I realize that I missed an important bit of flavor in the day opener.

The charred Body Double is still quite warm.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 13, 2012, 11:09:13 am »

Yay for forcing abbreviations.

So. For the night, I propose for Mr.D to block Hapah and for Tiruin to inspect me. If there's no NK and Tiruin gets a town result on me, Hapah must be scum. If Tir gets a scum result, we lynch me (though it isn't possible, but for exhaustiveness let's assume it is). If Hapah claims not to be blocked and there's an NK, we lynch Mr.D. If both Mr.D and Hapah claim that Hapah is blocked and there's an NK, we lynch Tiruin. I think I covered all possibilities. Who agrees with this plan?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 13, 2012, 11:12:08 am »

One problem with that Plan.

Yay for forcing abbreviations.

So. For the night, I propose for Mr.D to block Hapah and for Tiruin to inspect me. If there's no NK and Tiruin gets a town result on me[...]

Telepath.
^
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31