Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Game Over!  (Read 66112 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Day 3 brings hope
« Reply #390 on: August 10, 2012, 11:05:59 am »

Oh yeah, one of you is definitely talking out of your ass. I'm fine with that, though. What this means is that MrD now cannot be the Ext, yes?

If Toaster is telling the truth, then Tir must be lying about his N1 action and is almost certainly the Ext.

If Toaster is lying, then he's the Ext himself.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 10, 2012, 11:50:57 am »

The user of a Mind Shield knows if a psychic action was attempted on them. Not what action, only that an action was attempted.

Meph: Is there a difference, in general, between a natural mind shield and a tech mind shield?

When it is stated that the user knows that a psychic action is attempted, is it given in PM directly, or through flavor in Night Action result PM?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 10, 2012, 12:19:21 pm »

The user of a Mind Shield knows if a psychic action was attempted on them. Not what action, only that an action was attempted.

Meph: Is there a difference, in general, between a natural mind shield and a tech mind shield?

When it is stated that the user knows that a psychic action is attempted, is it given in PM directly, or through flavor in Night Action result PM?

There is no functional difference between a natural mind shield and one taken through tech.

If someone with a mind shield is targeted by a psychic effect they will receive notification in their night result PM of that fact.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 10, 2012, 12:37:24 pm »

Well, that settles it.  Tiruin is lying scum.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 10, 2012, 02:03:41 pm »

I still think it's you, Toaster. If it's between you and Tir, you're the better lynch anyway.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 10, 2012, 02:03:55 pm »

Lying scum? No, you're the one lying Toaster.

You're the only one to have claimed Mind Shield before I said anything of the sort - you received information on the matter and chose to hide it, taking the 'neutral' Spore Spreader to implicate yourself in our graces.

Why?

Re-read my PM'd questions.

The difference between a Mind Shield and an Advanced Mind Shield is that the latter always gives a working result, while the former blocks the effect but informs the psychic character that it was blocked.

I know it was blocked, doubly confirmed that one.

Did we just run into a mess up on what would happen?

Hapah states that the user of a Mind Shield knows if a psychic action was attempted on them. Not the specifics, but that a psychic action in general occurred.

Toaster states the complete opposite. But agrees that he would know, and that nothing happened.

Now I know that Meph cannot lie, but how in the world did these two events split at what happened?

Let me state the truth without any nebulous ideas on why (lying about PM, for one, which cannot be confirmed):

You insert the dopp-kill-no-kill idea on Dariush, yet considering the state of things, you paint him out as an obvdop when rational thinking clearly makes his movements a total waste.

Let's say that no kill was performed, how would that benefit the dopp team? You inserted that idea without thinking it through. Now let's say Dariush is scum, he spends the NK on himself, hitting his buddy body thereby wasting a whole damn life that could be wasted against the ext or a lynch.

Then more speculation on trying to draw a case on Dariush with feeble reasoning.
I'm just guessing... and it really doesn't matter where your team's kill went; doesn't change your alignment.

[quote from Dariush]
Dopp team no-killing has happened before, so it'd be silly to rule it out.

Now, I may be blind, or stupid, or a combination of both, but tell me the benefits of a dopp team not killing at this situation and how it would balance the field in their favor?

Then
I have no issue with finding the exty, but I'm sure you're the dopp and unsure on who the exty is, so why not use my vote on the known scum till I have a better target for it?
I'm wondering how you're putting the dopp label on Dariush, and giving no worry on finding the exty at all.

Then you link the idea of being NK'd//Blocked (relative to this game) to another game which has different style and patterns. Alright, assuming Dariush is a dopp again. Only the exty can kill him (no town killing roles), and...also waste a stun orb on him?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've missed this:
Tiruin:  Are your inquiries into the night kills/lack thereof going anywhere?  Usually that's a waste of time.
And perhaps you now know why I was delving into the matter.

Lastly, something I missed.
Third, why do you think it's important to last-vote me?  Thinking about that deadman bomb you considered replicating?  For someone who's claimed lack of knowledge on a lot of alien tech, you suddenly remembered all about that one.
I don't get how that applies to my condition, as the deadman bomb is an offensive-death item. Scumslip? I bet so, because if I was the ext with a deadman bomb, I cannot activate it while alive, considering you a Spore Spreader, you won't affect me as I last-voted you, yes?

And that would put it at a 1/2/2 as I posted somewhere up there.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 10, 2012, 02:10:26 pm »

Next, you were voting Mr.D for the whole entirety of today and yesterday. Guess how that shifted away?

Your defense (see last link) on his case was based solely on flavor. Meta flavor, to be exact.

IIRC, people who have died the night they were blocked in the past have been found doing what they normally would have been doing- blocking, guarding, whatever.  Do I need to go dig up examples?

Now I'm unsure if this is a concrete variable, but I do know that the psychic will not be doing anything else but their action, based from trying to breach your mental defenses, leaves psychics tired after their attempt. ((I mean, I had to sleep on the darned couch on N1 because of that!))

Toaster: I'd like to know what Meph's response is, not verbatim obviously, before he replies, if that could be gleaned.

Not sure what you mean here- are you wanting me not to comment on this until Meph says something or say what he told me before Meph rules in-thread?
And what I meant was what answer you got from Meph, in your own words and understanding obviously as it deviates from Hapah's PM.

Unless you both asked the same question worded differently...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 10, 2012, 02:14:38 pm »

Toaster, could you give examples on the difference between psychics who've died when roleblocked as compared to psychic actions who've lived? And psychics who've lived and died without a roleblock?

IIRC, people who have died the night they were blocked in the past have been found doing what they normally would have been doing- blocking, guarding, whatever.  Do I need to go dig up examples?

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 10, 2012, 04:07:51 pm »

I am away from the Internet for two days and all of this happens. I'll make a post later when I have caught up.

P.S. Tiruin do you still want that thing about BMC? It seems to have literally no point to it and Im really lazy.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 10, 2012, 05:40:14 pm »

Have a good weekend, folks! I'll be back in ~48 hours. If you have any questions about anything, just leave 'em here and I'll try to answer when I get back.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 10, 2012, 11:42:52 pm »

P.S. Tiruin do you still want that thing about BMC? It seems to have literally no point to it and Im really lazy.
Yes. I still do want that thing about BMC (and suggest you try going in the next BM to know what to do in a forum Mafia), laziness isn't a good trait for any player of Mafia. (Refer to Toaster's #1 scumtell on the reasons why).

Like for now, I cannot get why there seems to have no literal point to it, but from your viewpoint it doesn't, hence my asking on why.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 11, 2012, 02:17:58 pm »

Tiruin:  I was under the mistaken impression that mind shields didn't get notified, which is why I didn't immediately catch your lie.  They used not to know:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=45614.msg931560#msg931560  (And the following post)

Cliff notes:  ExKirby is an ExtOp with a mind shield whose mind shield foils a block from ToonyMan on N2.  His PM mentions nothing about it.

Toony's PM:
ToonyMan   
  You stare into the lantern in your tent, a small brass chain wound around your hands. You cast your psychic energy off into the night, focusing on ExKirby. You feel the chains of power surround him, but each time you try to tighten them they just slip off! Again and again you cast the chains, but to no avail. Eventually, tired and defeated, you give up and go join the others for the night's feast.

ExKirby got no PM at all.

Next, you were voting Mr.D for the whole entirety of today and yesterday. Guess how that shifted away?

-snip-

And what I meant was what answer you got from Meph, in your own words and understanding obviously as it deviates from Hapah's PM.

Unless you both asked the same question worded differently...

You're right that I thought Mr. D was scum.  So?  Looks like I was wrong, since things make far more sense in a "Dariush is scum" context.  I have a bad habit of misreading new tells as scum tells.

Anyway, I asked Meph this, verbatim:  "Does the holder of a mind shield or tech field know when they disrupted an effect on them?"  He said yes, so I then asked to confirm my lack of N1 PM, which he also verified.

Toaster, could you give examples on the difference between psychics who've died when roleblocked as compared to psychic actions who've lived? And psychics who've lived and died without a roleblock?

Sigh... now I have to dig this up too?

TLDR Never mind on the flavor cue.  I'll have to rethink- this took too damn long already.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 11, 2012, 11:29:17 pm »

Thanks for that then Toaster, but I am truly sure that UI investigated you, and hit your mind shield.

Hapah, what did you even ask Meph? Surely, questions on the same tangent of thought cannot deviate if they're asked in the same fashion. "Hey Meph, suppose I've a Mind Shield and a Telepath hits me, do I know about it?" Or something like that?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 12, 2012, 10:29:17 pm »

Looks like I didn't miss much?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 13, 2012, 07:52:20 am »

Hapah:  Except the question to you in the post prior.  Since I have your attention...

I still think it's you, Toaster. If it's between you and Tir, you're the better lynch anyway.

How am I the "better lynch?"
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31