Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Game Over!  (Read 66096 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Day 3 brings hope
« Reply #375 on: August 10, 2012, 10:00:14 am »

IIRC, people who have died the night they were blocked in the past have been found doing what they normally would have been doing- blocking, guarding, whatever.  Do I need to go dig up examples?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 10, 2012, 10:00:41 am »

There's still something missing, Toaster. And if you missed this yourself and are town, then shame on you: It's incredibly vital information that you really can't claim now.

The user of a Mind Shield knows if a psychic action was attempted on them. Not what action, only that an action was attempted.

The implications are obvious. Tir claimed to have invested you N1. You must know if you were actioned by a Psychic or not.

If he did action you, then you know that a Psychic actioned you but still press for the case on Tir. If "Dar is ObvDopp", then it couldn't have been MrD, as town wouldn't have reason to lie. BMC's block went to Book N1, if memory serves. Tir is the only person that could put a Psychic action on you N1, and I don't think I've seen a Psychic Exterminator before.

If he didn't action you, then you should have busted him as soon as he claimed the invest on you. You didn't.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 10, 2012, 10:04:28 am »

The user of a Mind Shield knows if a psychic action was attempted on them. Not what action, only that an action was attempted.

Hm?  No they don't.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 10, 2012, 10:05:20 am »

The implications are obvious. Tir claimed to have invested you N1. You must know if you were actioned by a Psychic or not.

If he did action you, then you know that a Psychic actioned you but still press for the case on Tir. If "Dar is ObvDopp", then it couldn't have been MrD, as town wouldn't have reason to lie. BMC's block went to Book N1, if memory serves. Tir is the only person that could put a Psychic action on you N1, and I don't think I've seen a Psychic Exterminator before.

If he didn't action you, then you should have busted him as soon as he claimed the invest on you. You didn't.

Err, wait...none of this is even in the OP.

My brain = confused.

You received this thru PM-Meph, right?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 10, 2012, 10:08:08 am »

Yeah. (I've been bugging the hell out of Meph with PM's, lol)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 10, 2012, 10:10:49 am »

I'm almost damn positive that this has happened before, and the mind shielded one didn't know their protection had happened.

Give me a little bit and I'll be reading old games.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 10, 2012, 10:17:51 am »

The Whiteboard
Toaster: Dariush, Hapah, Tiruin
Tiruin: Mr. Dwarfinton, Toaster

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Monday. There will be no more Extensions this day.

Meph, is it even possible for a dopp CES to target his own body double (even disregarding the fact that it makes no fucking sense to do so and the fact that my double is charred, not torn)?

It is possible, yes.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 10:26:18 am by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 10, 2012, 10:20:56 am »

Never mind- Meph got back to me.  He said that yes, I would know, and no, nothing happened to me N1.

So yeah, nice try Tiruin.  Glad we could wrap that up.

Meph- I voted Tiruin.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 10, 2012, 10:32:07 am »

Like I said earlier, you could be lying about being roleblocked.  Your investigations haven't actually revealed any new knowledge- they just confirm things that have already been claimed.    Second, I'm the only person with a claimed mind shield or tech field.  Someone could be sitting on an unclaimed one.

Third, why do you think it's important to last-vote me?  Thinking about that deadman bomb you considered replicating?  For someone who's claimed lack of knowledge on a lot of alien tech, you suddenly remembered all about that one.
The bolded option...because to prove you're the spore spreader, I would be willing to sacrifice my humanity for it. The problem is, I know that I'm town and all the info I've got out of everyone was your mind shield. I got blocked N2 by either Mr.D or BMC

Finally, your case on Mr. D has a hole that we've been missing.  BMC was killed slumped in his chair with his blocking gear right there- indication that he was actually blocked.  That would pretty much Mr. D town, right there, given his claim is backed up.

Yeah, I do think you're the Exterminator.  It's an odd tech combo, but I find it too unlikely for it to be anyone else. 

And since none of you idiots can see that Dariush is obvdopp, let's lynch you first.  Tiruin.

You think I'm the ext because of a tech choice that Hapah suggested? And...if Dariush is the obvdopp, then could you explain the manner of the kills, then?

Nice try on what? You're implicating me on...a PM that could've happened?

Same goes to Hapah, excuse me if I add the scrutiny of the fact here, but I'd like to hear the words straight from our Mod to be sure. If the knowledge must be known in general, as the question on mind shields are a relative term, I don't think Meph would hold back on answering it.

Nice try Toaster, but I know my targets.

Mephansteras: Would someone with a basic Mind Shield know if a psychic character targeted them (meaning any psychic character). Would a character with a natural mind shield know if a psychic character targeted them? Meaning, just that an action on them was attempted?

Toaster: I'd like to know what Meph's response is, not verbatim obviously, before he replies, if that could be gleaned.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 10, 2012, 10:43:23 am »

Tiruin:  You've got bombs on the brain.  Spore Spreader hits two people at random on lynch, regardless of who last voted them.

No, I think you're exty for all the reasons I said, plus the tech choice I said, given I brought up adv holo mod way back here.

For the third time, you'll have to ask Dariush why there was no dopp kill last night.

No- one that should have happened but didn't.

Toaster: I'd like to know what Meph's response is, not verbatim obviously, before he replies, if that could be gleaned.

Not sure what you mean here- are you wanting me not to comment on this until Meph says something or say what he told me before Meph rules in-thread?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 10, 2012, 10:47:37 am »

No- one that should have happened but didn't.
Didn't?
Never mind- Meph got back to me.  He said that yes, I would know, and no, nothing happened to me N1.
???

I'd want to know what you received before what Meph says.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 10, 2012, 10:52:16 am »

Tir: I think he means that he should have gotten a PM if you invested him, but he didn't so you didn't. (I had to read it twice too)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 10, 2012, 10:55:43 am »

Ok...

Because what he received is contradictory with what you received. And I'm totally confused on that matter.

The topic segued into Mind Shields. On whether Toaster would know if I did investigate him or not, but I know that I did actually hit a not-advanced Mind Shield after talking to Meph and my alter, UI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 10, 2012, 11:01:10 am »

Oh.  I got no night PM N1, which Meph confirmed as correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 10, 2012, 11:03:04 am »

I am totally confused. Either Toaster is lying on that PM, or you are Hapah.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31