Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Game Over!  (Read 66081 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Day 3 brings hope
« Reply #420 on: August 13, 2012, 11:18:53 am »

PFP

Dar: Is this assuming that Toaster flips Ext? I still think I see an issue.

Meph: Will Dopps with roles show the goal of their role, or Kill? Does it depend on their action? (i.e. if I was a Dopp Telepath, would I show a Find goal or a Kill goal? Would it depend on if I went out to kill?)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 13, 2012, 11:21:28 am »

The Whiteboard
Toaster: Dariush, Hapah, Tiruin
Tiruin: Mr. Dwarfinton, Toaster

Day end ~5pm Pacific Today. There will be no more extensions this day.

Telepaths show the Goal of the action attempted that night. Alignment does not effect this unless the Role specifically says otherwise.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 13, 2012, 11:32:00 am »

Meph: Does the doppleganger faction only have a 1 NK/Night policy, if they don't have any killing roles?
EBWOP: Read the OP clearly.

Meph: Can the Exterminator use a killing item in addition to it's NK? Or can the ext only choose between doing a NK or using an action?
[...]
On the Assassin Bot, no, they are generally triggered at night and perform the Kill the morning of the Next day. The Advanced Bot can be triggered during the day, although it could be set to go off as the first action of the day phase if someone really wanted it to.

Hapah: Did you get this part? The normal Assbot replaces the Alien's night action. The Advanced Assbot can be a day-kill.

. . .

Meph:
Assassin bot: Once per game the Alien (or MS) can use the assassin bot to Morning-kill another player. This attack cannot be traced back to the Alien. In addition, it is triggered remotely and can be used even while abducted.
By Morning-Kill, the Assbot is activated in the night by the alien in question, using up their Night Action, yes? It cannot be a day-kill? That is what I inferred by the no up there.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 13, 2012, 11:35:10 am »

I'm almost certain Meph said somewhere in the thread that tech use generally doesn't use up a night action (with very few exceptions). I'm at work, can't dig it up right now, but fire up LurkerTracker and have a look through Meph's posts.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 13, 2012, 11:43:00 am »

Ah crap. You're right. Okay, scratch that plan. I'm out of ideas.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 13, 2012, 12:08:37 pm »

Found it!

Meph: Does the doppleganger faction only have a 1 NK/Night policy, if they don't have any killing roles?
EBWOP: Read the OP clearly.

Meph: Can the Exterminator use a killing item in addition to it's NK? Or can the ext only choose between doing a NK or using an action?

Most alien tech items do not take up the alien's action. But it does depend a bit on the tech. The Plasma Bomb, for instance, is done instead of the normal Night Kill.

On the Assassin Bot, no, they are generally triggered at night and perform the Kill the morning of the Next day. The Advanced Bot can be triggered during the day, although it could be set to go off as the first action of the day phase if someone really wanted it to.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 13, 2012, 12:11:23 pm »

Assassin Bots do not take up the Night Action of the Alien.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 13, 2012, 12:33:23 pm »

Hapah:  You do realize a mislynch here leads to two scum and two town, with a 50% chance of Mr. D being unable to block after I blow spores?  You need to be a lot more sure than "X is more dangerous than Y" to be voting.  Do you have any reason to suspect me over Tiruin?

Remember, if you lynch me and Dariush and Tiruin don't cross kill, town can't win without a good block from Mr. D.

Here are my thoughts on Toaster and Tir. Exty could definitely be either of them, but we've got to make a choice.

Toaster
-There was no Dopp kill last night. While the Dopps might have elected to nokill, I find it more likely that the kill was prevented in some way (my money is on Guardian Shield, personally). Tir's tech is all accounted for if he's the Ext (minus some flavor of shield).
-The bot timing makes more sense if there is a DMB on the Exty, and Tir can't have one. You could.
-Why Spore Spreader? Such an odd choice.

Tir
-Gave a not-fantastic answer when I called him out with this post. His answer just doesn't smell quite right. I know I'm bad about letting people off the hook too easily (see Dar's SK comment in the last RL, and caught Book in a lie in the RL before that), so I'd appreciate another opinion.
-Is always scum.

PPE: Thanks Meph!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 13, 2012, 03:57:53 pm »

Just block Darpleganger, okay?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 13, 2012, 04:06:49 pm »

...?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 13, 2012, 07:02:59 pm »

The Whiteboard
Toaster: Dariush, Hapah, Tiruin
Tiruin: Mr. Dwarfinton, Toaster

You grab Toaster and tie him down into the chair. Tiruin grabs up the pistol and holds it to his head.

"Any last words?"

"Yeah...see you in hell." He smiles as the blood drains from Tiruin's face.

Tiruin's hands shake a bit, but he pulls the trigger anyway.

The explosion turns the Exterminator and Telepath into tiny little chunks and sends the rest of you flying backwards.

Dariush has his skull caved in on the corner of an unfortunately placed bookshelf. Hapah and Mr. Dwarfinton are stunned for a bit, but only suffer a few minor cuts and bruises.

The sight of Dariush's doppelganger body, leaking prodigious amounts of dark purple blood onto the floor, leaves them stunned and almost afraid to be hopeful.

Is it over? Did the monsters really manage to kill one another off?

It would seem so.

The next morning they wake to the sounds of large trucks outside the building. It seems that the road has been repaired.

The sight of a large number of heavily armed soldiers surrounding the building is a bit disheartening, though. Where were they a few days ago?

You're safe from the monsters and aliens...but what happens now?

And that's that. Bad luck for the dopps, losing two of their number to deadman bombs. And bad luck for Toaster that the dopps had a Body Double.

Still, I hope everyone found the game interesting.

Here are the quicktopics. I'll get the Role's and Night PMs out a bit later tonight.

Dopp Chat:   http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/3uVEW3WprqEt8   
Dead Chat:   http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/2CULP6XwDwtM   
Come play Mafia with us!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 13, 2012, 07:04:05 pm »

w00t. I was right! Will read chats later.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Game Over!
« Reply #432 on: August 13, 2012, 07:08:03 pm »

Told you so...Deadman bomb, ftw!  [DARIUSH...Y?!]

But Hapah believed me for once...And flavor means something! Oh dear. Well, that was an intriguing experience.

Quote from: Deadchat
>Tiruin: And I've no idea what Meph means by Pacific.
It is an ocean, on planet Earth. It goes from Alaska to Chile, and from Russia to Australia. Big. Hard to miss. In the context of time, I have no clue what it could possibly mean. Maybe if one googles "pacific time" a clue may be gathered.

Man, the claim summary (posted by Toaster even) makes it painfully clear Toaster is the Exty. Just lynch the fucker, dudes! It's probably your last chance to do so!
I love you too Book.  :P
I didn't think of specific time when that was announced, didn't think deeper on the why about it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 07:12:35 pm by Tiruin »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 13, 2012, 07:13:22 pm »

Yay.

Also town were all incompetent. Me especially.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 13, 2012, 07:24:42 pm »

So the only reason the dopps lost was...random deadman bombs...our lost was from the RNG...

Also town were all incompetent.
Which makes the town victory even more bizarre.

This is the most unsatisfying ending ever!!!  At least give us an Exty win.  :[
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31