Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Majesty  (Read 12252 times)

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Majesty
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2016, 04:02:26 pm »

Did you know Majesty gold HD on steam got a modding update with steam workshop? There aren't many mods yet, but at least one major overhaul with potential is in development.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2016, 05:47:45 pm »

I picked up HD the minute I saw it on sale. I still have my old CD copy kicking around here somewhere. The modding support is really exciting.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2016, 02:53:17 pm »

Yeah, I got the Steam HD version even though I have at least some idea of where my original disks are.  Shit's cash, yo.

Even managed to convince an unenlightened one to pick up the game and give it a whirl.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2016, 12:34:28 am »

Oh man, I love Majesty.  I'll be honest, though, I'm cheating garbage and always used, like, ALL the cheats.

My favorite thing to do was split up the map into 9 segments - y'know, middle, north, north-west, south-east, etc - and build a tiny little town way in the corners.  Usually I'd fill it with all of the guilds for one kind of adventurer, and related buildings.  Like, there'd be the shady rogue town, the magical town with the Bazaar... and then there'd be like, the holy town, with like one of each temple in it (cheats!).  Also guardhouses and trading posts for everybody.

I guess I just liked the idea of having lots of little townships and divisions, I guess, sending trade caravans to the big 'capitol city' or whatever.  Uh, I also rushed the Mausoleum, because it made me sad whenever my heroes got ded and I wanted to revive them.

Gnomes are the best, also.

Alsoalso, this reminds me:  Wasn't there like, one of those online, kinda-ghetto, website-based RPGs based on Majesty?  I remember it having slightly altered portraits, so you could choose what class and what gender your character was, instead all wizards always being guys, for example.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2016, 03:58:07 am »

So are there any good mods yet? Something worth picking up the HD version?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2016, 08:59:09 am »

Alsoalso, this reminds me:  Wasn't there like, one of those online, kinda-ghetto, website-based RPGs based on Majesty?  I remember it having slightly altered portraits, so you could choose what class and what gender your character was, instead all wizards always being guys, for example.

Yup.

Gnomes are the best, also.

This. So much this. I love gnomes. Sometimes I go for dwarves if I really need those ballista towers, but gnomes will always have a place in my heart... And also my strategy, generally, because they're by far the best builders/repairmen in the game.

Elves can suck it.

A mod I'd like to see is something that would make suitable heroes check out the library spells a bit more often... I HAVE actually had a couple heroes pick up flame shield, but that was two heroes over the course of, like... A lot of hours.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2016, 06:58:22 pm »

Oh this, wow how I loved this game. Tempted to install, AGAIN. not sure if it will stand up to my even more faded nostalgia...
I got nothing

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2016, 07:04:05 pm »

It holds up pretty decently to the test of time, imo. Played most of the way through it and the expansion something like last year, or thereabouts. Sequel's pretty a'ight, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2016, 09:05:34 pm »

Majesty was fun, Majesty 3 was a little disappointing.  It was missing some magic that made the first games so awesome.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2016, 09:09:17 pm »

Am I the only one who prefers temples to Krypta rather than Agrella?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2016, 09:18:44 pm »

hunh
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2016, 09:20:03 pm »

Not particularly, ak. I definitely preferred krypta in M1, no question. Skeletons helped a lot with not having to deal with paying attention to the town.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2016, 10:12:29 pm »

Am I the only one who prefers temples to Krypta rather than Agrella?

I was never impressed by the "evil" temples in general, or Lunord.  I always went Agrella, Dauros, Helia.

Occasionally Krolm, just for KROOOLM
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2016, 02:27:10 am »

always krypta

flood the map with skeletons

also cultists were cool. run run run run run

It is sad that... The other side is better...

Ok to admit Lunlord versus Solaris (or whatever their name is) are a toss up that depends on your preferences (I prefer Solaris)

Though... GOODNESS does Fervous get a HUGE upgrade in the sequel (Duros gets the best unit in the second, Fervous gets the best spell... If you can only get one get Fervous... if you can get both get both)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2016, 04:39:32 am »

You literally spelled every single god wrong.

It's not like the game's super difficult.  Aside from a few of the really difficult campaign missions you can probably play whatever and win.

Shit, I might play this again.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7