Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Majesty  (Read 12239 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Majesty
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2016, 05:06:20 am »

I beat Fertile Plain with maybe 8 hero deaths using Krolm.  Krolm is so overpowered in swarm of dude missions, I might use him to blitz Elven Treachery too. 
Shoes...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2016, 05:12:20 am »

How do you have problems with Elven Treachery? Just get couple Paladins rolling: they have high defences, speed to catch elfs/rogues, and they will often seek out and destroy enemy buildings on their own.

It was the very first unlockable mission that I encountered and I remember passing it on first try :v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2016, 05:24:21 am »

I did paladins once, they just got themselves killed by swarms of elves when they went for the buildings.

But then again I was trying to do the gold objective, maybe focusing on attack'll work better.
Shoes...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2016, 05:26:43 am »

Oh yeah, I went with full-on destruction. I don't negotiate with terrorists 8V

I hate gold gathering missions because I suck on them if elves and rogues aren't available :P

(I won Deal with Devil by spinning the wheel and getting 2 Golds in a row... one day before the deadline, lol).
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2016, 05:40:42 am »

I remember that mission, where you had to clear out the Elves' and Rouges' guilds? I just put a small bounty on each building, and they destroyed it themselves.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2016, 05:41:15 am »

Economy honestly seems like the easiest part of the game.  If it weren't for constant harrassment by elves I don't think I would've gotten rekt so bad on elven treachery.

A level 3 marketplace can market day for 1000 gold every 30 seconds or so, get three of them and
Shoes...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2016, 06:06:25 am »

Market Days also get extra percent depending on level of your Palace ;v
SigFlags!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2016, 07:55:55 am »

Getting three level 3 marketplaces, however, also kinda needs a fair bit of cash... They don't exactly have the lowest price increase rate.

And then you have those FUCKING RAT-BASTARDS who come along and yoink the entire accumulated cash amount with one little sneeze...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2016, 08:20:15 am »

Naturally deal with the demon is loaded with greedy monsters, so your marketplaces are trashed as soon as you put them down and you go through tax collectors faster than they spawn.
Shoes...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2016, 08:45:27 am »

And then you have those FUCKING RAT-BASTARDS who come along and yoink the entire accumulated cash amount with one little sneeze...

Of course, all city guards are on the other side of the town, all nearby heroes resting at an inn and not bothering to leave, and moments later, just by pure accident, the ratman is killed by a watchtower which means all the money is lost.

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiigghh*
SigFlags!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2016, 08:51:59 am »

Yeah, I always wound up building my town so the marketplace would be surrounded by guard towers and have as little space for sewer grates as possible just to cut down on thieving little ratmen.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2016, 08:58:52 am »

I think you are all forgetting the dragon mission. Y'know, the hardest damn mission in the entire game. Where an invincible dragon will just show up and wreck your town every minute or so until you can find the thing to make him vulnerable (and good luck still having any heroes that can take him on then).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2016, 09:12:20 am »

Actually I had less problems with that two-headed dragon mission than with Fertile Plain or the final Majesty unlockable one >.>
SigFlags!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2016, 09:13:12 am »

I don't remember that one being very hard actually, then again I cheated a lot as a kid.

Fertile plain was easy for me, but I used Krolm.  Krolm + Wizards can mulch just about any horde the game throws at you.
Shoes...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2016, 09:20:58 am »

Also multiplayer Majesty is possible only thru some heavy Hamachi miracles v;

I remember trying with GUNIN and it got us nowhere.
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7