Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Progress :: Never Split the Party, Scooby Doo  (Read 47666 times)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: I Used to Be A RTD PC Until I...
« Reply #450 on: August 21, 2012, 04:57:54 pm »

Satisfied with his new knowledge, Sinclair decides it is time to lend his allies a helping hand, as it seems the battle has restarted
"Hello, gentlemen! My name is Sinclair the Magnificent! I, among other things, am a Meteorologist, and I predict a hell of a lot of fog!"

Stride over the ridge, cast mist-veiled senses at the archers on the tower.

((I presume I'm within hearing range of the battle.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 21, 2012, 07:40:15 pm »

''Ugh...'' Lei could only get out a call of surprise as pain and loss of breath took over, dropping her to the ground. It was bad enough that stupid wingman decided to attack, the smell of burning flesh managing to make her stomach roll. Not, all she could do was lie on the ground, holding onto the arrow shaft in her chest as she focussed on breathing.
Seeing how unco-operative Greenhaven troops had been, she decided her side. Unable to move away, she focussed her mind and through all sorts of stones, rocks and weapons lying around back up at the tower and their longbowmen. Tears formed from the pain, and being unable to call out a cry for help, but she kept going regardless, determined to end this.

(yes, start giving me bad rolls when it matters. I told you that would happen :P)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #452 on: August 22, 2012, 07:17:02 am »

Follow Talendir's example by looting the dead while offering a short prayer, wishing for their safe deliverance to the Light.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 08:37:37 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 22, 2012, 08:01:41 am »

((And then Mina completely follows Talendir's movements to the dot. Copying his mannerisms while...looting the dead.  :P))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #454 on: August 22, 2012, 08:39:10 am »

((There. I'm praying for the dead while liquidifying and redistributing wealth. Happy? :P How many adventurers pray for the dead?)₩

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 22, 2012, 04:30:24 pm »

((There. I'm praying for the dead while liquidifying and redistributing wealth. Happy? :P How many adventurers pray for the dead?)₩
((The ones who want to remain paladins while breaking the Paladin codes?))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #456 on: August 22, 2012, 06:38:32 pm »

((Does the code include "thou shalt not loot"? :P))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 22, 2012, 06:41:35 pm »

((Does the code include "thou shalt not loot"? :P))
((Presumably it has something in there about not robbing people. If the gear was owned by them, children/spouses would inherit the goods, thus you're robbing them. If the gear was government issue, you rob the very structure that upholds the law.))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 23, 2012, 04:25:21 pm »

Derm

Enraged, you [6] summon thousands of snakes within the tower. However, none are venomous and few are large enough to constrict an adult human. Nevertheless, suffocation is a very real concern for those within. From what you can see, a number of the snakes were transposed with the people inside and the tower itself. The redcoated melee troops rush out even more rapidly than they entered; the officer looks at you quizzically, "Was that your doing? Not that we mind; more of us would have died rooting the bastards out than we did this way."

-18 MP
+10 XP

((So yeah, you managed to summon a shitload of snakes, and they were deadly. OTOH, if you want to loot or gather information, someone is going to have to shift literal tons of snakes. Not to mention that you've probably made mortal enemies of a snake-worshipping cult somewhere for stealing their sacred supply of the slithery things. And holy alliteration, Batman, because I totally didn't intend to do that.))
____

Aero

You decide to fly Derm to safety [2], only to realize that he has already eliminated the only viable threat in the area. The same can be said for protecting your (widely scattered) companions.
____

Talendir

Content to clean up, you close the eyes of a number of the fallen. You then move to loot one of the Greenhaven dead near the ramp.

[1]

His sword is broken and his armor is dented. There is nothing in his coinpouch, though you do notice a few flies when you take off his battered helmet. None of his equipment is usable; indeed, much of it would be a hindrance in a fight.
____

Sinterous

With a prideful spring in your step, you crest the small ridge, making grant gestures in the direction of the tower.

[6]

You successfully cast Mist-Veiled Senses on the corpses of a number of archers, cloaking the tower and much of the area around it in a thick, unnatural mist.

-18 MP
____

Lei

You try and gather your strength to throw random objects at the longbowmen in the tower.

[3]

Nothing happens. Sure is a good thing that they got snaked
____

Mina

You move forward, praying for the souls of the dead for all of two minutes before you start desecrating their corpses.

[2]

All you manage to find is a deep feeling of shame. Almost as if deities were looking down on you in disapproval.
____

Hedric stands around, looking all loopy.
____

9 turns remaining on Mist-Veiled Senses (Archer corpses)

The redcoated officer and tall cloaked figure manage to find you and thank you all (save Sinterous, as he is still on the ridge) for your assistance, and say that you are welcome to help yourself to anything you can find in the tower, though it may be rather difficult, seeing as how the place is full of living and dead snakes, as well as shrouded in a magical mist. The latter also offers you a map. You note the locations of the last few places you've been. He points out the location of a bridge to the mainland

Spoiler: Map 1.0 (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 23, 2012, 04:32:31 pm »

Raising one of his eyebrows at the paladin's antics, Talendir sighs and points towards Mina after noticing her injury.
"You could try to make yourself useful and heal the wounded instead of looting the dead."

"Leave this work for the ever-so-lowly soldier, would you?"
he asked, with obvious sarcasm.

Keep trying to loot the dead of Greenhaven outside the tower, trying to search for better armor, weapons and maybe a crossbow or something that allows a ranged attack.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 23, 2012, 04:32:51 pm »

"Yes, that was, in fact, me. I must say this is rather more spectacular than I was intending. I fit weren't for the massive piles of junk meat I'd say it was a perfect success."

Derm paused and looked at the tower and the surrounding mist, head tilted.

"I don't suppose you could help clear out some of the snakes? Favor for a favor?

Start digging. General looting follows. See if any of the snakes have anything worth harvesting.

HP: 14/30
MP: 20/41
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 04:34:38 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 23, 2012, 04:39:06 pm »

"And all was well, thanks to Wizard-dude and Bird-Man."
Aero smirked before flying up to grab a longbow and some arrows. If there's a bunch of the snakes in the way, blow them off with a stiff breeze.
"Hey, do you guys mind if I drown the snakes within with some water?"

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: Snakes in a Tower, feat. Derm
« Reply #462 on: August 24, 2012, 09:13:52 am »

''Ow...'' Lei finally managed to catch her breath. Seemed like the arrow wasn't immediate death, despite being in the chest. She fought off the panic rising inside her, and tried to think straight. She needed the arrow out and healed, but couldn't think how.
'Paladins heal... right?' She thought to herself. Lei looked for her comrade. ''Mina... could you help me please?'' She asked, holding the arrow shaft.

(Not sure if this is an action or not. XD)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 24, 2012, 11:28:35 am »

((Not really. I'm sure that you could help shift snakes or loot without any problems. No bleeding mechanics here.  :P))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 24, 2012, 02:35:06 pm »

(Really? Damn me and my super realism XD. Oh well, no point changing now :P)
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36