Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Progress :: Never Split the Party, Scooby Doo  (Read 47672 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: In Which Hedric Sheathes A Sword
« Reply #435 on: August 19, 2012, 08:13:43 pm »

"Derm. Allow me."
Aero smirks, pops his neck, then snaps, calling lightning into the rear soldiers. If he can sacrifice MP to make it chain-lightning, do so.

Also, he holds his breath
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 08:20:15 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: I Swear, This Has Never Happened Before!
« Reply #436 on: August 19, 2012, 08:15:27 pm »

"Go right ahead. No kill like overkill. Try not to hit me though."

Derm thinks for a second, shrugs, and leans into whisper, "By the way, you might want to hold your breath."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 19, 2012, 08:27:59 pm »

"Pfft. Don't worry. I never miss. But, I will hold my breath"
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 08:30:53 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 19, 2012, 08:28:48 pm »

Unseal the blue scroll. Edge a bit further away from the tower, just to be safe.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: Sinterous, Burning Man
« Reply #439 on: August 19, 2012, 09:59:04 pm »

Talendir stills watches the scene like someone watching a very bad sitcom. The soldiers are pointing at Derm's face and laughing heartily and/or derisively. Well, nothing new here.

Move a little away from the tower because the sorcerer may fail terribly again.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 10:21:22 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 19, 2012, 10:00:38 pm »

((Out of curiosity, how do you know what I'm going to do?))
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 19, 2012, 10:20:41 pm »

((Out of curiosity, how do you know what I'm going to do?))
((First part is that Talendir heard and saw a bit. And the second is that if monoxide attacks, things may get obvious. I can simplify it, though.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 20, 2012, 11:06:51 am »

(Man, there are just no good rolls for the Greenhaven troops XD)

''I, ah... but.'' Lei looked at the man as he scowled. She had tried everything she could. But these Greenhaven troops just refused to co-operate. No matter what they've tried, it seemed inevitable that this would end with more people leaving this plane of existence.
''Why...'' Lei said to herself. ''Derm... Aero.. could you not... just knock them out?'' She said, more to herself than anyone else. Other than that, she waited with a bowed head, holding her quarterstaff close.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #443 on: August 21, 2012, 07:35:48 am »

Distance myself from the silliness.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 21, 2012, 04:22:09 pm »

Derm

Slightly ashamed of your failure, you try again.

[3]

You still don't quite have the "feel" for filling a small area with carbon monoxide.
____

Aero

You [6] leer disturbingly, [6] snap a bit of cartilage in your neck with a sharp pop, and fire a bolt of lightning into the rear of the Greenhaven soldiers.

[4] v. [6]; [6]; [4]; [6]; [1]; [1]; [6]

Four of them dive off of the ramp to avoid it, bruising themselves badly. One manages to duck and run through the door, which is slammed shut behind him. Apparently there are more inside. Two of them are fried alive, and a smell akin to roasted pork fills the air.

+7 XP

((Several things: If you had rolled a [1] for the lightning bolt, I would have gladly taken the opportunity to be a bastard and fire it at the redcoated soldiers, as you didn't specify who you were shooting at. Yes, I knew, but the universe didn't. And if you had crit failed when you were popping your neck as part of your action... Heheh. But seriously, if you give me that sort of temptation, I'll seriously consider taking it. Fair warning and all that rot: Including random things/insufficient detail in nonlinear situations as part of your actionable action (hah) is almost never a good idea.  :P

I'm sort of disappointed that you got one of the most amusing items and haven't used it. This is the sort of situation where it would be bloody hilarious.

Also, I'm wondering what the hell is up with random.org; 11 dice rolls and seven of them are sixes. Of course, that's just my human tendency to see the false patterns that show up in random sequences.))
____

Sinterous

Placing your hand on the cornflower-blue rune, you mutter a cantrip of unsealing. The rune flares with a burst of power and the scroll flies open, unveiling a moderately complex diagram in the same shade of ink.

[6]

You understand it perfectly, and read out the full name of the spell, Drifting Mist Clouds the Eyes of Mind and Body, roughly translated. You think that "Mist-Veiled Senses" might be easier to say in casual conversation. New awareness burns into your mind. You are still on the far side of the small ridge from the tower, completely out of sight.

New Skill (Spell): Mist-Veiled Senses: Creates a large, thick volume of magical mist which almost entirely blocks all sensory perception, both physical and magical. Affects everything within the area of the spell, as well as blocking perception of things on one side by observers on another. Can be targeted or used on self. 18 MP cost; 10 turn duration.

Scroll Identified: Scroll of Drifting Mist Clouds the Eyes of Mind and Body (Cornflower-blue; Illusion)

((A bit of information: In this 'verse, scrolls are used almost entirely to teach spells to those capable of using them under their own power, and are not commonly used to store completed spells for use by those without the proper skills or knowledge. Those of that type that do exist are just as likely to backfire as any other enchanted item in an RTD))
____

Talendir

You [3] try to back away from the tower a bit more, but stumble over several of the bodies around the former tent.

[5]

On the bright side, the redcoated crossbowmen are apparently too concentrated on the situation near the tower to pay attention to you.
____

Lei

Holding your quarterstaff ready, you bow your head in sadness, [2] accidentally headbutting your staff. No such thing as peaceful resolution from some people, eh?
____

Mina

Acting with wisdom beyond your years, you decide to get away from the impending death and stupidity.

[6]

You run away from the confrontation, turning once you reach what seems like a safe distance, roughly the same distance from the tower as Talendir, but at a different point on the compass.
____

Spurred by Aero's attack, the longbowmen on and in the tower fire a volley at the gathering near the base of the tower.

(([6]; [2]; [3]; [1]; [2]; [5]; [1]; [1]; [1]; [4]; [4]; [2]; [5]))

(After the PC rolls) Two of them miss entirely. Three accidentally fire at their downed allies, though only one of those shafts strikes home. The one that does goes straight through the visor, killing the man instantly.

[6] v. [1]
Derm takes an arrow to the chest. -12 HP

[2] v. [3]
Aero barely avoids a poorly-aimed arrow intended for someone else.

[4] v. [3]
Lei is hit in the chest, though in a slightly less dangerous spot than Derm. -9 HP

[1] v. [5]
Hedric manages to jump aside, easily dodging the arrow intended for him.

Three redcoated soldiers are killed; the rest of the Greenhaven longbow troops miss.

The redcoated crossbowmen return fire from their position. Four of the longbowmen are struck down, and a fifth falls from the ramparts as he tries to dodge. The Greenhaven soldiers still outside the tower are too stunned from their multiple near-misses to do anything, and are cut down by the attackers. The redcoated melee troops charge the door, lead by their officer.

[5]

Apparently the forces inside hadn't barred the door yet, as they manage to force their way inside within seconds. The bannerman plants his staff in the ground at the foot of the ramp, drawing a shortsword and following his comrades. Cries ring out from the interior of the tower.

((So yeah. The armored meatshields were sitting around and most of the nukes and squishies were in the middle of a melee battle waiting to happen, right under the eyes of a bunch of longbowmen, but it could have gone much worse.))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: I Used to Be A RTD PC Until I...
« Reply #445 on: August 21, 2012, 04:26:44 pm »

"FUCKING- I- YOU- FUCK IT! SNAKES!"

Summon a bunch of deadly snakes inside the tower.

HP: 14/30
MP: 33/41

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 21, 2012, 04:40:03 pm »

"Hate to say it, but it's not shocking that you're mad because I kill better than you."
Aero flies Derm out to safety. After landing he surrounds everyone in the party with a swirling shield of wind.
((I can do this, right?))
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 07:01:08 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 21, 2012, 04:51:14 pm »

Summon a bunch of deadly snakes inside the tower.
((If it does work, you'll kill people from both sides.))

Talendir leisurely walks towards the fortress. He moves amidst the bodies calmly, already used to the stench of death, closing the eyes of the corpses which still have visible eyes and moving on to loot the Greenhaven troops.

Loot one of the dead Greenhaven melee soldiers.

>Yes?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 21, 2012, 04:52:09 pm »

((If you're asking if you're capable of doing two things at once: Yes, if it is conceivably possible for someone to do so, given their abilities, situation, etc.

If you're asking about the wind shield thing: Theoretically. You'll have to ask the Highness, d6 for a definitive answer though.))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 21, 2012, 04:55:49 pm »

((If it does work, you'll kill people from both sides.))

I don't really know what you're trying to say here.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36