Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36

Author Topic: Roll to Progress :: Never Split the Party, Scooby Doo  (Read 47653 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: The Quest For More Shinies
« Reply #480 on: August 25, 2012, 09:46:49 pm »

"Excellent, insta-horde of snakes. Onwards!"

Don the cape, dig and see if there's a basement.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 25, 2012, 09:56:50 pm »

Head to the third floor and root around for anything unusual.
"Secrets!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 25, 2012, 09:58:35 pm »

Uhh...Question: Am I in on the Waitlist?
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 26, 2012, 12:11:58 am »

Call a swift breeze to wipe the snakes off.
"Argh. Snakes."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: I Used to Be A RTD PC Until I...
« Reply #484 on: August 26, 2012, 12:28:31 am »

Talendir simply moves away and lays on the grass with his new equipment after doing the due to the dead some soldiers did, relatively satisfied with the fruits of his effort. The grass around the spot chosen is clean and devoid of blood, and Talendir sighs before starting to rest for a bit...Calmly.

Wait. If the snakes are cleared from the fortress, check inside the armory for better equipment after a pleasant nap.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 26, 2012, 03:29:05 pm »

(XD did not expect to be mentally hit on.)

Lei was a little disturbed, as she hugged herself a little. That was definately not what she expected. Feeling a little exposed, she was glad when she noticed Talendir resting. Lei decided it was as good a time as any to apologise (unaware he was trying to take a nap). She approached him timidly. ''Talendir sir.'' She started, to catch his attention. ''I'm sorry... for how I acted earlier. I just... I've never people kill... people before. I'm sorry.'' She bowed slightly, suddenly noticing everything he was carrying.
'What is he? An ogre!??' She asked in her mind, amazed. It dawned on her that he had looted the bodies. She was repulsed by this act, but kept it to herself, aware that it was for survival.
''Uhmm... did you find out anything?'' She enquired.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 26, 2012, 05:01:01 pm »

''Uhmm... did you find out anything?'' She enquired.
Talendir opened one of his eyes and stared at Lei as she started talking, closing it once again when she stopped.
"Well, I got this from the corpses" he answers, pointing at the gear he looted from the fallen soldiers which was by his side, except for the helm, which was lying near his head.

"I was also given rough directions about where to go when we move on to find the Lich and watched one of the cloaked figures ogling you for some minutes." he completes with a smirk before tapping her on the head with one of his (thankfully clear at the moment, thanks to the moat) bandaged hands and crossing his arms at the back of his head again, an almost imperceptible smile on his face.

"Also, you are welcome and I'm not a sir. And since you haven't killed anyone, I think you'll probably think me repulsive due to me looting the bodies of the fallen."

"Combats are not beautiful nor romantic, and the gear of the soldier usually is not his. The best someone may do for them is get their equipment and find use for it, killing enemies with the spirit of their comrades alongside them...or at least that is what some soldiers believe. Well, I kill in the battlefield to make a living, and I'm used to all of this."
he says, motioning towards the corpses strewn around the area.

"If you are worried about the bloodshed today, do not get too troubled by it. It was an old debt that needed to be settled, and the battle would rage on without our intervention in any case. If anything, we may have helped the just side win in this one even without doing much. Sitting out is a valid option in such an event, and if you feel useless, leave that feeling aside." he stops for a moment before staring back at her.

"And you could do with some rest, you don't look too good."
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 08:54:17 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:49 pm »

''What every girl wants to hear.'' She said, in referance to his last statement. Lei was embarassed. He read her like a book, or certainly felt like it. Was she really that transparent? Still, she felt she had to answer alot of these comments.

''Uhm... you taking the equipment for the dead... it's repulsive because...'' She thought for a second to word it right. ''Regardless of everything that happened, the fact you are looting the dead means people died. I-it's also so soon, there is still warmth in their bodies. It's horrible. But... I think I'm more repulsed about the circumstance than the fact you did it.'' She looked down. ''A-also, whether or not we sped up the battle and saved lives, I can't help but wish we could have saved everyone.'' She sat down at this point, her knees weakened. ''I... I saw a dead person's life flash before my eyes.'' She took out the Pince-Nez. ''I recovered these from earlier, and they seem to be enchanted. But... the guy had a wife... a child... and he's gone. It... it just...'' She took a breath to recover. ''It just makes all this much more difficult for me right now.''
She smiled one of her own. ''Still. I'd rather be this way. I feel sorry for you.'' She was sure she did not sound condescending. Rather, her words carried the untold message: what you lost allows you to fight well, but you still lost something. ''Human life is something wonderful. It contains innumerous choices that person can make that can affect the greater whole. All this death... is a sad day. Sadness is an emotion we all need to lead good lives. And if you can feel sad for someone else, then that means their life had meaning. That soldier who I saw of their life... it was unfinished was the greatest tragedy. But he had made a life, and will be missed. Makes you appreciate your own a little more.''
She rambled a little. She knew she had. It wasn't as easy to word as she had hoped. But still, it made her feel better. She felt drained from it all: emotionally for the obvious reasons, physically after that arrow strike and mentally after using her abilities. Lei stayed by Talendir, resting her legs and spirit.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 30, 2012, 04:24:33 pm »

Derm dons his new cape, digging through the snakedrifts for a possible basement entrance.

[4]

He finds a solid oak trapdoor with a large iron ring-handle and hinges.
____

Sinterous makes his way to the third floor, wading through piles of serpents.

[3]

He can't find anything unusual. Apart from the thousands of snakes, that is.
____

Aero tries to call down a breeze to shift some of the scaly barrier to entry.

[5]

Hundreds of snakes both living and dead are blown from the roof, splattering on the ground below. The wind blows the trapdoor open, pushing most of the snakes below up against the walls.
____

Talendir decides to have a bit of a nap before searching for the tower's armory, hopefully after some of the snakes have been cleared away.

[1]

Unfortunately, his chosen napping spot turns out to be just beside Aero's chosen snake disposal site, and he is splattered with bits of gore.
____

Lei walks over to Talendir. They speak for a few minutes, despite his rather bloody appearance. She stays, trying to find some rest.

[6]

Somehow a patch of dirt splattered with bits of snake is remarkably relaxing. Perhaps she has an unconscious predisposition to enjoy gore?
____

((In other news, I finally stopped using second person. What the fuck was I thinking when I decided to do it that way?  :P))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: Falling Snake Hazard
« Reply #489 on: August 30, 2012, 04:28:07 pm »

The lack of a GM made status screen keeps bothering me. :/

Flip it open, lets go!
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 30, 2012, 04:28:13 pm »

Aero glances down at Talendir and Lei trying to sleep upon the snake bit covered ground. They looked rather comfortable for trying to sleep covered with snakes.
"Oops. Sorry guys!"
Head down the trapdoor, loot while heading to the armory.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 04:39:53 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: I Used to Be A RTD PC Until I...
« Reply #491 on: August 30, 2012, 04:37:19 pm »

Talendir raises an eyebrow at the blood splattered upon him and gets up, brushing off bits of snake off him.
"Hmmm, I'll have to take care of something. See you later."

That said, the soldier starts to walk to the castle and upon getting near enough, he drops his bag full o' loot on the ground and starts to move down to the moat, using the water (not exactly the cleanest water ever, but water nonetheless) to get rid of snake bits and blood before getting his things once again and moving into the castle.

Castle, loot armory.

>Yes?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 30, 2012, 04:57:12 pm »

The lack of a GM made status screen keeps bothering me. :/
((I'll set one up next turn. Been keeping track of everything in word docs. I'll need to remember to make a censored version without all my comments and notes on stuff you (plural) haven't figured out about some of the stuff you have. :|))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 30, 2012, 04:58:33 pm »

Thank you greatly.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 30, 2012, 05:36:44 pm »

(I was hoping resting may have... restored some hp. What a waste of a 6.)

''AERO!'' Lei called out as Talendir get swamped with dead snakes. She hid a smile at the situation though; a winged man burying a soldier in animal corpses. ''Jeez.'' Lei said in exasperation before Talendir got up and left. Lei decided she had to do something, but she didn't know what. Then it occured to her.

She got up, and went to the hooded figures. ''Excuse me.'' Lei said, politely. ''You people seemed to have had an interest in this battle. If it is fine to ask, why?''

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36