Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Progress :: Never Split the Party, Scooby Doo  (Read 47670 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: The Joys of the Overshoot
« Reply #420 on: August 17, 2012, 06:57:37 pm »

Mina

You point out the obvious superiority and impartiality of judgement from a Paladin Court.

[3]

The officer responds simply, "The closest I know of is far to the East in their island fortress. I don't think there's a messenger alive today that could make it that far without dying."
____

Lei

Donning your pince-nez, you look around, surveying the cloaked figures, the soldiers, and one of the corpses.

[3]

A haze of some sort surrounds the four cloaked individuals. It appears to center on the tallest one.

[3]

Looking over the soldiers, you see a cloud of mixed, indistinct images.

[5]

As you look over the corpse, you briefly see an image of the young man smiling, his arms around a woman his age and a young child. A moment later, a broadsword joins the image, half-polished as if to indicate that he had as-yet undeveloped potential as a swordsman. Several seconds later, both shatter, leaving nothing more than a grey fog.
____

Talendir

Yawning, you move towards the now-crowded ramp, stopping near the collapsed tent. You sit back on your heels, glancing at the weapon of one of the fallen crossbowmen. You notice several his still-living comrades watching you carefully.
____

Derm

You continue to berate the Greenhaven soldiers, demanding an explanation for their actions.

[3]

One responds simply and crudely, "Fuck off, buddy."

Turning to the cloaked people, you ask them what business they have here.

[5]

The tallest answers in a tired voice, explaining that he and his apprentices had rented space in the tower from the lord of this land until two years ago, when Greenhaven forces attacked, forcing them out. He came here to observe the negotiations for the return of the tower and lands to their proper owners.
____

Aero

You try to look intimidating [3], but only manage 'constipated'.
____

Hedric

You accept the Greenhaven soldier's offer.

[5]

He hands you a zweihander and you slide it into the sheath on his back.

"Thanks, buddy. I pulled something a few minutes ago and can't raise my arms high enough to do that myself, and it was getting sort of awkward just standing around with a bare blade when the killing is done. Hey, if you're ever around Greenhaven again, stop by the barracks and go whoring or drinking with us some time." He tosses you a goldpiece with a jaunty grin.

Gain: 1 gold crown.
((Lose: Your self-respect.))
____

Sinterous

Taking out the scroll with the cornflower-blue rune seal, you start to examine it.

[4]

You recognize the rune! It roughly translates to "Mist-Veiled Senses". You think you can unseal it safely.
____

((What did you think I was talking about?  :P :P :P))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 17, 2012, 06:59:07 pm »

* Tiruin is now relieved that the situation didn't present itself in an overtly...yeah...manner.

*Looks at Title*

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 17, 2012, 07:04:32 pm »

"Lesse, two groups want the tower, and the holders managed to piss me off. Just what I was hoping to hear." With a snap of his fingers, Derm grinned malevolently.

"Congratulations, you managed to make me lose any sense of mercy I had. Negotiations over."

Engulf the Greenhaven soldiers in a cloud of localized Carbon Monoxide.

HP: 26/30
MP: 28/41
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:14:02 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: In Which Hedric Sheathes A Sword
« Reply #423 on: August 17, 2012, 07:07:34 pm »

((C-carbon Monoxide?!

You can do that?!  :o

Hello slow and unnoticeable death. Unless you can hold it for long.  :P))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #424 on: August 17, 2012, 07:07:41 pm »

"I have a very very minor and outlandish suspicious that that dumb wizard will be the death of us all," says Mina, and tries to look not scared at all as the wizard tries something lethal, going by his expression.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 17, 2012, 07:14:29 pm »

((I am a SORCEROR, thank you very much!))
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: Sinterous, Burning Man
« Reply #426 on: August 17, 2012, 07:15:36 pm »

Talendir keeps watching the scene from a safe distance. Nothing important to do.

If needed, hold breath and move to a more windy place if/when carbon monoxide goes wild.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 01:13:26 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #427 on: August 17, 2012, 07:30:14 pm »

((Well, they do say sorcerers are just wizards with low INT scores... :3 //referring to D&D))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 17, 2012, 07:32:50 pm »

>:/

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 17, 2012, 07:38:42 pm »

((Well, they do say sorcerers are just wizards with low INT scores... :3 //referring to D&D))
((Yeah.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 17, 2012, 08:01:39 pm »

Aero takes out the spear and takes out anyone going after Derm.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:08:55 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 17, 2012, 08:04:41 pm »

(Oh, I LOVE these Pince Nez. Also, wow, did my headcanon of Hedric nearly get REALLY warped XD)

Lei knelt down, holding onto the staff as she went. Her mind was hazy, she could barely think. She saw Derm start something, and it was hard for Lei to take the sides of the defenders anymore. They refused to explain their side of the story, they took these lands from the red soldiers, and they killed a young man with a young family.
''This is wrong. So very wrong. I was told to fight monsters... not see people kill people.'' She shook, involuntarily, from her tears, unable to hold them back. Whatever was to happen was to happen. Lei knew she could no longer influence the outcome.

Then she saw a Green soldier get Hedric to sheath his sword.
''Mister Derm, wait!'' She managed to shout. ''Some of them don't want to fight anymore!'' Lei pointed to the soldier in question, not just for Derm to see either.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 17, 2012, 08:19:18 pm »

"Well if he doesn't want to fight, he should run, or should have answered my question. By the by, hold your breath."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 19, 2012, 07:59:38 pm »

Derm

You attempt to generate a localized cloud of carbon monoxide around the Greenhaven soldiers.

[2]

Several awkward moments pass as nothing happens. One of the longbowmen laughs at you.
____

Mina

You try to not look scared of Derm.

[6]

It isn't very difficult, considering the expression on his face. You smirk, trying to suppress laughter.
____

Talendir

Bored with the whole affair, you sit and watch.

[4] 

Derm appears to be rather upset about something. You notice several of the longbowmen nocking arrows.
____

Aero

Hefting your spear, you prepare to take down anyone attacking Derm.

[2]

You don't see anyone acting overtly hostile, though several of the Greenhaven soldiers are scowling at you.
____

Lei

You try to convince Derm to not kill all of the Greenhaven soldiers.

[1]

Yeah, like that was going to work. The soldier that Hedric helped scowls at you for implying that he would betray his comrades.
____

((5... 4... 3... 2...))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 19, 2012, 08:06:01 pm »

"... Uh... give it a moment."

*Cough*

"Oh there we go! Hold on, wait oh dammit gimme a sec. I hit the wrong leyline."

Try again.

HP: 26/30
MP: 33/41
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 08:11:33 pm by dermonster »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36