Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Progress :: Never Split the Party, Scooby Doo  (Read 47655 times)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: Snakes in a Tower, feat. Derm
« Reply #465 on: August 24, 2012, 03:30:15 pm »

Head to the tower and cast detect magic. Proceed to search inside for anything that shows up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Just noticed I called myself Sinclair last turn, seems I'm good at getting my RTDs mixed up.))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 24, 2012, 05:13:30 pm »

((I didn't notice either.  :P))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #467 on: August 24, 2012, 09:01:37 pm »

Mina looks at Lei.

"I'll try my best, but no promises. The gods are fickle."

Attempt lay-on hands.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 24, 2012, 09:57:49 pm »

Talendir

You continue looting from the Greenhaven dead.

[6]

After several minutes, you gather a nice little haul. One of the redcoated crossbowmen has noticed you repeatedly glancing at a fallen comrade's weapon, and tosses the crossbow to you with a sigh.

Gain:
-Light Crossbow
-Leather Quiver (30 iron bolts)
-2x Iron Shortsword
-Steel Half-Helm (3 DMG soak)
-Steel Dagger
____

Derm

You ask the officer if he and his men could help clear out the living and dead snakes.

[5]

Surprisingly, they agree. Apparently they are quite appreciative of not having to fight to clear out the tower. You wade into the mess yourself, searching for shiny loot.

[6]

Plowing through snakes like something which moves large amounts of things with ease, you soon reach what appears to be some sort of laboratory. A few bits of apparatus are still intact, as are several vials and flasks filled with various liquids. A case on the wall holds some sort of incredibly stylish cape. A plain burlap bag rests on a partially clear table; a large number of snakes emerge from the mouth, but the bag doesn't look full. The snakes themselves are relatively worthless, though you could likely make a good bit of money selling the meat to street vendors.
____

Aero

You fly to the top of the tower.

[2]

You find several longbows, but a quick test indicates that you aren't nearly strong enough to draw one. Do you take one anyhow?
____

Lei

You beg Mina to heal you.

[6]

Mina sets her hands on your chest, one ready to draw out the arrow. The mist draws close around you both as Mina submits a quick prayer, her hands glowing with holy light as she quickly removes the shaft and head of the arrow, the wound closing up behind it. An angry red mark is all that remains, though your white dress now has a large bloodstain in it.

+10 HP (Lei)
+3 XP (Mina)
____

Sinterous

You head to the tower through your mist, intent on searching it for who-knows-what.

[3]

You barely manage to find the front door.
____

8 turns remaining on Mist-Veiled Senses (Archer corpses)

Spoiler: Map 1.0 (click to show/hide)

((That's right, there's a new danger from overshooting things!  :P))

3. Run Resize Enable

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: When You Touch Me Like This
« Reply #469 on: August 24, 2012, 09:59:34 pm »

Take the bow, keep the arrows as well. Head over to the tower, and raid it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 24, 2012, 10:09:15 pm »

"Shineys!"

Examine cape for magical effects. Grab it. Test bag for holdingness, but take anyway. Peer through the vials for anything particularly interesting, and examine apparatuses for noteworthyness.

Or as laymen would put it, Examine all the things!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: I Used to Be A RTD PC Until I...
« Reply #471 on: August 24, 2012, 11:05:32 pm »

Talendir equips the helm and calmly sails around the dead with a smile.
"We were supposed to deliver that letter." Talendir noted to Aero. "Has anyone else mentioned which way the Lich is? We still need to find and defeat it."

Search for maces, maybe another chainmail and a longbow, test for strength needed to use it.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 24, 2012, 11:22:02 pm »

Huh, this looks like something cool that I somehow missed.

Ho careless of me.

Waitlist please, as:

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 25, 2012, 11:40:25 am »

Lei held tight as Mina laid on hands. (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!) As Mina finished, Lei gave a large sight, before closing in, hugging Mina. ''Thankyou.'' She held it a little longer. Lei had no idea how to deal with death of humans, especially after seeing someone's life flash before her eyes.

She let go, holding the Pince Nez in her hands. She was useless this time. Her information gathering was too slow and her persuasions not strong enough. Lei resolved in her heart to find a use for these glasses and work hard so that her powers would be more reliable. Holding her pendant in her free hand, she gave a silent oath as such.
She was a noble, a leader of people. This is what she had to do.

Lei overheard Talendir talking about the lich, as the others did their thing. She felt terrible to Mina and Talendir for how she acted earlier, though she was also aware that they did nothing. She didn't know why, but they were her comrades. She felt terrible that she didn't trust them. ''Hey, Mina... I'm sorry for how I acted... earlier...'' She said quietly. She would apologise to Talendir once they were on the road again. Not to Aero though. He killed people.

She sent out a quick scan of the soldiers and the 4 cloaked figures for their general mood, just incase there was any back-stabbing motives left.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 25, 2012, 01:47:14 pm »

((I really need to work on self control. Lay on Hands jokes are incredibly cliched, but I can't help myself. D:))

3. Run Resize Enable

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 25, 2012, 03:14:43 pm »

(I just had two girls hugging after they laid on hands. Who here really needs self control? :P)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 25, 2012, 06:56:03 pm »

Head inside and cast detect magic.
"Stand aside, slithering reptiles! It is time for this foolish tower to surrender its secrets!"

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #477 on: August 25, 2012, 07:20:54 pm »

Mina nods and murmurs something vaguely welcome-ish, and heads to Talendir.

"Let the dead rest," she says, "and I am not saying this just because I failed to find anything while you did."

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 25, 2012, 08:32:04 pm »

"Let the dead rest," she says, "and I am not saying this just because I failed to find anything while you did."
"Yes, you are, noble paladin."
Talendir gives her a dismissing hand gesture.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 25, 2012, 09:43:30 pm »

Aero

You decide to keep the longbow and scoop up a quiver in passing. Perhaps you can sell them when you reach a town? You try to enter the tower [2], but the trapdoor is blocked by a pile of snake corpses.

Gain:
Longbow
Leather Quiver (13 arrows)
____

Derm

You take the cape, [1] but have absolutely no idea what might be special about it. You also snatch up the burlap bag. [5] Looking inside, it appears to already hold several thousand snakes, with plenty of room remaining. [4] Several of the vials and flasks sparkle with potency. Of particular note are three tiny flasks filled with a deep, royal purple liquid, as well as a larger one filled with a very faintly tinted blue liquid. [2] None of the instruments or tools look particularly remarkable.

Gain:
Cape (???)
Bag of Holding (Several thousand angry snakes)
3x Tiny Flasks of Purple Liquid
Large Flask of Faint Blue Liquid
____

Talendir

You search for still more weapons and armor.

[6]

Somehow, you find exactly what you wanted. You set down the rest of the loot for a moment to test your strength with the longbow. As you draw it to full extension, the bowstring snaps. Apparently the archer didn't take care of his equipment properly. Still, you can use it, though you won't be a particularly remarkable archer. The chainmail, while decent, is worse than yours. It is a tad difficult to walk around carrying or wearing two mail shirts, one helm, a shield, two bows, a full quiver, three swords, a mace, and a dagger, but you manage somehow.

Gain:
Iron Mace
Chainmail (6 DMG soak, +4 DMG from electrical attacks)
Longbow (broken string)

[4]

One of the cloaked figures overhears you mentioning the lich and approaches you, "Yer goin' after that lich, lad? I haven't heard much o' him, but rumor 'as it that 'e 'as a castle in tha Valley o' Life. Ironic, ain't it?" He vaguely gestures toward an area of your map. "Ye might be able ta' find oot more in one o' tha cities on the mainland. Try Gaelwind or Terath to start, eh?"
____

Lei

You touch the thoughts of the redcoated soldiers.

[5]

They seem to be fairly friendly.

You then cast your mind towards the cloaked figures.

[6]

Apparently one of them has been checking you out for the past five minutes or so.
____

Sinterous

With a swagger in your step, you practically dance into the tower. You rub your focus, muttering a few words.

[5]

There are five major sources of magic in the tower. You recognize one as Derm. The second is in the same location as him. The third appears to be the tower itself; it is imbued with some sort of passive strengthening charm. The fourth is below ground level, some sort of seal or barrier. The fifth is on the third floor of the tower, and is fairly small.

-3 MP
____

Mina

You vaguely accept Lei's thanks before exchanging words with Talendir.
____

7 turns remaining on Mist-Veiled Senses (Archer corpses)

Spoiler: Map 1.1 (click to show/hide)

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36