Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: The Vault - Main  (Read 10024 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: The Vault - Main
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2012, 10:36:58 pm »

Sil tapped her finger on her chin for a moment, trying to figure out the acronyms. Then she gave up and began opening them.

Open and examine interior of all rooms. Pasture, farm, PRC, MB.D if order matters.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2012, 10:38:58 pm »

Now lets try A9-A-15

Spoiler: Jan (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2012, 11:01:38 pm »

Jurith waited for the others to move, but they seemed to be wholly admiring the place. He couldn't blame them, it was exquisite, but the first group seemed to have made much headway, and there were no apparent threats.

This, he knew. No true vault guardian would entrap the only entryway in and out of the vaults. They would hold it for later on, deeper within, where any robber would have his cries go unheard within the depths, where nobody would know of their fate.

Well, that was what his mother used to tell him anyway. There was the lack of portable light sources, so he guessed part of it may be true.

"I'll be checking the middleway."

Say hi to Sil upon encountering her.

Aid in examining all doors and the interior of all rooms she is visiting. Inspect their ceilings.

Spoiler: Jurith Creyn (click to show/hide)

Ignore Tiruin's speech ...
((Say the name of the character...))
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:06:20 pm by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2012, 12:06:34 am »

Landren gets some salt to add to the amount he has in his supplies bag and searches for a small grinder or miller in the general goods room.

Afterwards, search for a portable light source, such as a lamp.

Spoiler: Landren Caelumcursor (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2012, 01:34:08 am »

No traps yet

Albri checks whats inside B11-15.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2012, 11:31:05 am »

Aaron greets Jurith, and looks around the area.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:46:13 am by Spinal_Taper »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2012, 11:44:26 am »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2012, 11:46:45 am »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2012, 12:18:07 pm »

Action: Help inspect A9-A-15

Spoiler: Achadias (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2012, 04:12:08 pm »

Sil first opens the Pasture room. It is likewise dark. A bed of dirt is beneath her feet. There are a few sacks semi-obscured in the darkness. Upon closer examination, they seem to be grass seeds.

The Farm room has more dirt, but in shapes that can only be described as fields and paddies. There seem to be tiny tubes sticking out of the dirt every here and there.

The PRC room reveals a small closet-like space with many levers, a few dials, and small labels such as SURFACE RAY SIMULATOR FARM, S.F.S PASTURE, MAIN POWER FLOW, SLAVE POWER CONTROL ROOM D.

The final MB.D room reveals a big, square room with a copper-and-glass contraption taking up much of the space. The glass part glows a pale reddish blue (ie purple). Letters are engraved into one of the supports: MAGIC BATTERY D.

Jan opens doors A9-A15. Door A9 houses a copper-and-glass contraption glowing a pale purple and labeled MAGIC BATTERY B. A10 houses MAGIC BATTERY C.
Behind A11 is a room with various tools of a mason: benches, a rack of various chisels, mallets, straight edges, what seems to be a mortar mixer, and bags of mortar.
Room A12 houses a carpenter's workshop. A13 has a winery, with various contraptions used in the production of wine such as barrels, racks, stills, grape crushers, and others. A14 is a long cellar with empty barrel rack after empty barrel rack. There seems to be three bottles of wine. Room A15 has the tools of an alchemist and or a herbalist.

Jurith examines the various rooms. It seems that the stone tiling work is continued in the two small rooms, but the pasture and farm have thin strips akin to the red ones in the high ceiling. They are glowing a dim red right now.

Landren scoops some course salt into a pouch he has and searches around in the general goods room. In the tools chest is a small handgrinder which seems to be able to grind only granulated materials is found, again crank-operated. No lamp is in sight.

Albri opens B11-15. B11 is a storage room, with bins everywhere. A sign announced that it is ORE STORAGE A. Currently it is empty.
B12 has many bunk beds.
B13 has a shower system and bathroom stuff, but is very dark.
B14&15 are both dormitories, like B12.

Achadias tags along with Jan.

Main hall
(Hall A)1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*
|
9*10*11*12*13*14*15*
(Hall B)123456*7*8*
|
9*10*11*12*13*14*15*
(Hall C)1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*
|
9*10*11*12*13*14*15*

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2012, 04:38:12 pm »

"Hrm.. Still no way to actually close the front door. I don't really know what to do.." Jan shrugs, and goes off to search more rooms.

Search B1-B-8

Spoiler: Jan (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2012, 04:42:14 pm »

Jurith peeks in the adjoining rooms, noting down the presence of sleeping quarters on the first level. "There is a lever that controls an airlock for the main entrance," he called through the halls for any of his allies to hear. "It isn't at the entrance, that I can say."

Search B1-B-5

Greet Jan on the way.

Spoiler: Jurith Creyn (click to show/hide)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2012, 05:32:37 pm »

Well what did I expect? This was meant to house a decent population after all...

Try hacking (with the handaxe) B-9 down!

(I'm assuming its wooden.)

« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 07:03:44 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2012, 05:45:54 pm »

While the rest of his companions have gone to exploring the different doors, Olson seems to have... zoned out in the middle of the round room. He seems to have been studying the chandeliers earlier, but his gaze is too unfocused for him to still be doing it.

Attempt to snap out of it and remember why you were here.

EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2012, 06:21:45 pm »

Sil scratched her head. She should probably go tell everyone else about this before messing with things.

Then again, they'd completely ignored her when she'd asked what they could do and were probably jackasses anyway. With a shrug, she reached for the main lever.

Pull Main Power Flow lever.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11