Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: The Vault - Main  (Read 10023 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: The Vault - Main
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2012, 04:18:56 pm »

"What was that?"

Albri peeks out of the door and then goes to the main hallway. He will then try to detect the source of the noise. Bring the bucket!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 04:35:34 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2012, 04:26:22 pm »

Landren feels something flailing against the back of his mind. He knows it may be dangerous attempting to call upon magic now, but the scraping got him suspicious. Combat may not be too far, and he will need to be ready when the time comes, which may be sooner than expected.

The knight moves away from the rest of the group and starts to work on solidifying (making it usable with only one roll?) a Magitech Conversion spell based on transforming one of his arms into a large and sleek Longsword with the same color and style of his armor (or any melee weapon he knows, if it happens to be too narrow), but it being an unholy fusion of both magic and technology. The transformation can be dispelled the same way it was called upon.

Spoiler: Landren Caelumcursor (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 04:50:50 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2012, 04:44:38 pm »

((I was really more of checking if it was filled with sand or something.))

"I dunno. Let's go check it out."

Aaron goes with Albri to detect the noise.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2012, 10:26:53 pm »

"Hmm..?"

Jan investigates the noise.

Spoiler: Jan (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2012, 12:23:53 am »

Spoiler: Jurith Creyn (click to show/hide)

"Bladed objects in a farm, curious."

Inspect bladed objects.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 05:43:27 am by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2012, 05:22:48 am »

"Eh? For harvesting it, silly," Sil responded, noticing Jurith's confusion.

Search for seeds for farm.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2012, 05:43:21 am »

"But there aren't any-...hm. Alright then." Jurith replied. His eyes were still clearing up, but he had regained most of his vision. From where he was, he couldn't make out exactly what were those blades he saw earlier, but Sil was his voice of reason for now.

Farming tools. How was he so blind?

So he checks the toolshed instead, and...examines the bladed objects just to be sure.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2012, 09:14:50 am »

"Aha! Do you hear that? There IS something else in this vault!"

Cheer, and run around searching for the source.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 04:32:57 pm by Frajic »
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2012, 02:48:47 pm »

Albri goes to the main hallway. It is easy to spot who it is - a small pack of five or so dog things are snuffling around. They don't seem that normal, though: for one, their eyes are glowing. Red. Another part is that they have abnormally large and sharp teeth. Finally, their hyper-alertness and the low rumbling sound they are emitting generally doesn't point towards friendliness.

Landren ponders his options. He could either start fixing a spell into a standardish form that would allow him to call that spell without fail, which takes much more time than a few hours, or he could prepare magitech, just like loosening the sheath of a sword to make it easier to draw. He decides to do the latter one.
[4,5,15] While no power is used, neither does his spell work.

Aaron looks at the water and sees that it is clear.

He then follows Albri and sees what he has seen.

Jan peeks out into the main hall and sees what two other men whose names start with 'A' have seen.

Jurith examines the bladed objects. They don't seem to be tools, nor are they detachable-looking. He touches one of them and sees that it spins round on its axis.

The toolshed has a number of kinds of tools, and multiple duplicates of each. Plows, hoes, shovels, spades, trowels, scythes, rakes, pushable-wheat-harvesters, chaff machines, you name it.

Sil searches around the 2nd floor. There are no non-grass seeds to be found at all.

Frajic cheers and runs around searching for the source. [11] A moment later, he recalled that running around did tend to blunt your senses. He had ran into the main hall and stopped just in front of the hostile looking dogs.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2012, 03:22:27 pm »

Landren clenches his teeth behind the helmet. Hostiles have found their way into the Vault and there is no time to be sitting and waiting. The knight takes the steel shield from his back and dashes to the enemies' location.

The knight once again attempts to prepare Magitech while heading to face the dogs. If it happens to work, he transforms his right arm into a magitech longsword as wide as the limb it took shape from and twice as long.

Spoiler: Landren Caelumcursor (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 04:30:51 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2012, 04:41:17 pm »

Aaron looks at Landren.
"Calm down, we don't have to kill them."

He then walks calmly towards the wolves.
"Hey. Get away from here, ya mutts."

He tries to scare them with a little fire magic.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 04:54:36 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2012, 11:16:52 pm »

Jan watches the guy walk towards the wolves, and sighs. Was that guy a fool? He'd have to intervene. Rushing out, he tries to stab a dog in the side.
"Don't be an idiot!"

Rush out of the door, and stab a wolf/dog in the side.

Spoiler: Jan (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2012, 12:26:10 am »

Spoiler: Jurith Creyn (click to show/hide)

Jurith grabs a long wooden pole from the toolshed.

Then decides to investigate the source of the noise heard earlier, noticing no presence of his comrades nearby.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2012, 01:23:36 am »

"Eh...I'm not so good with dogs. You guys deal with this."

Cautiously head back to narrow hallway B.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2012, 11:26:44 am »

Sil grumbled. This might make things harder. Hopefully they were just kept elsewhere.

Head upstairs, ask if anyone's seen seeds lying around, and for an update on what's in the rooms. If no one answers grab random passerby until answer is received.

Also reexamine layout of building and room at the end of the hallway.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11