_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1978 1979 [1980] 1981 1982 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924311 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Paris' accidental discharge
« Reply #29685 on: September 29, 2015, 11:23:38 pm »

Quote from: Ghost of Tek to Alex
It was destroyed along with Anubis.  Rejoice in the power of the Comb!
Also, boo.

((I'll see if my current character can pay you back for that eventually...))
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 12:34:12 am by Nunzillor »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29686 on: September 30, 2015, 06:00:37 am »

Quote from: Lyra to Flint
Death
"Ah. I am sorry to hear that. I haven't experienced... that... yet. But I can only imagine it wasn't pleasant."
Flint shuddered imperceptibly at the thought of the darkness and pain of death, at the thought of human minds as parasites, jumping from body to body. Logically, he knew about them, they didn't cause him fear or discomfort, but it was hard to disregard the years of influence his world's culture had on his subconscious.
"Heh. But don't worry. I'll probably kill myself soon enough." he half joked.
"But anyway, that sounds to me more like a cause than a reason, the thing that sparked the change, not the reason it happened. After all, you could had chosen to rebuild your original body. It's expensive, but it can happen and is probably cheaper than your body... Unless you mean that you thought this change could prevent death. Your death and the death of others."
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 06:02:58 am by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29687 on: September 30, 2015, 06:09:37 am »

yes. spark.
I...
I fail to make up my mind what to say next. I don't run, but...
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29688 on: September 30, 2015, 07:18:34 am »

"It's OK."
Flint slowly sat down and rested his back against a wall. He hoped this would make her feel more comfortable. And it helped him be less tired, more relaxed. Even though his lower legs were robotic, the rest of him still got stressed and tired.
"No need to speak about this if it is making you uncomfortable. If you don't feel like you're ready."
He made an inviting gesture, although he was unaware of what exactly he wanted to indicate. He mentally shrugged, assuming that she would interpret his vagueness however she preferred, whether just sitting down, coming closer to him or merely relaxing.
"Do you want to talk about something else? Or, hell, we don't even have to talk. We can just be here. Or go get a drink or have some fun in the rec-room."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29689 on: September 30, 2015, 07:24:41 am »

I walk over and stick my head under Flint's hand.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29690 on: September 30, 2015, 07:34:39 am »

Quote from: Ghost of Tek to Alex
It was destroyed along with Anubis.  Rejoice in the power of the Comb!
Also, boo.

((I'll see if my current character can pay you back for that eventually...))
(Ah, sorry. It's fine, I'll find a way.)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29691 on: September 30, 2015, 09:54:50 am »

I walk over and stick my head under Flint's hand.
Flint petted Lyra's head for a few seconds before putting his arm around her in a sort-of-hug, rubbing her slightly. He enjoyed the novelty of the experience, gently touching her ears, this being the third time he had a chance to feel a real organic creature with non-human ears, fur and general anatomy. And he enjoyed the relaxation, the feeling of safety and comfort, of being with a friend.
I may have made my living out of talking and (over)acting, but I also know the value of being quiet and enjoying those rare moments.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29692 on: September 30, 2015, 10:16:58 am »

Quote from: Alex Manson to Miyamoto
Alright, I'll find some way to get the tokens to you, thanks for letting me borrow them. Sorry about how the mission turned out.

At least most survived, so that's a relief. We live and learn.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29693 on: September 30, 2015, 12:32:32 pm »

After several moments of letting Flint pet me, and relaxing to his touch, I reach over to my wrist-comp and type out a message to him.
Would you have pet human me?

Home reject change. Home reject nonhuman. Home reject runt.

Leave runt to die. Natural role of freak. should no live.

Never accept me. No matter change. Then. Now.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29694 on: September 30, 2015, 12:47:06 pm »

"Ever seen or heard of the Shadow Walkers? Can you tell me a bit more about the way they fight and how they hide? And what's involved in becoming one?"
Best to approach the subject slowly...

Keep talking to the AM.
"Assassins. Something like executors but they don't focus on spying. They hide only to kill. That's their one purpose. One of the few that use biological weapons. Leshos too. They're the type who you'll never see. Someone will die and then you might find some evidence of how it was done, but you'll never find the person who did it.

Their training involves an apprenticeship with their leader."
"Trained by a single person... sounds like a slow process. That probably means not many of them are needed or that person is really quick in training them."

"So, this 'Leader'... are they anybody especially important or would someone else quickly take their place should they die? I mean, would assassinating the assassin make any sense? Or maybe there is a chance we could persuade him or her to join us?"

((Wait for an answer.))

"Wait, those guys can remain invisible while carrying LESHOs? Do you know how do they manage to do that?" Flint asked with great curiosity.
Keep talking to the AM.
The armory master laughs.

"Good luck assassinating him. He lives on Earth 2. And he fought in the Altered Wars.  With melee weapons."
Flint stared at the AM blankly for a few moments before joining her in her laugh.
"Hahaha. Good one. You almost got me there, made me think you were serious for a few moments. I mean, haha, really, that's the worst bit of UWM propaganda I've ever heard. And I've been on films where I was the one killing altered with my bare hands, so that's saying something. Who would believe that?  If nothing else, the guy's got to be like... I dunno, 1000 years old or something. Even if they kept him in stasis when not needed, had him travel at near light speed wherever he went and used all sorts of gene treatments on him, he'd be, like, the oldest human alive, even in subjective time. How can someone stay alive and so powerful while training people in an extremely dangerous profession for so many years? It's gotta be a trick. Right?"

Questions.

"Usually they have it disassembled and reassemble it when they reach the vantage point they want"
"Still, it's gotta be pretty large and heavy though. Do they have some sort of strength enhancement genemod or merely utilise local resources to arrange for the transport of a large container? Or do they split it into multiple parts and sneak it where they want to get it slowly?"

Engage in the art of having two threads of conversation at the same time.

EDIT: Also, try to write one of those programs that block communication, like the one someone had wrote in the past. Might be useful in case we need to block UWM or xeno communication.

EDIT2: I want something I can use to carry large dangerous things. Can I get the biggest sturdiest forcefield container I can easily carry with my Battlesuit? Be sure the projecting material is in something sturdy and not too sensitive though, so that it doesn't explode when I activate it and then try to carry something heavy.

Also try to get a normal artifact container that fits the previous specifications.

Also try to get something like a MK1 blanket, something I could put around something else to help isolate it and protect it from its surroundings.

And some sort of way to absorb the heat from my suit and battlesuit. Maybe a hexsand heat sink?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 05:35:16 am by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29695 on: September 30, 2015, 12:49:56 pm »

Read up on "God of Bloodletting" in my Pantheon notes.  Stuck in a tank; good time to study.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #29696 on: September 30, 2015, 01:11:02 pm »

Buy sullen moon nyartifact, toss kit stolen from dead person in union room at Miyamoto's place.

"Sorry guys, I'm going to have to do this before he disbands the union or beats one of us up."

Quote from: Christopher to Miyamoto
Well, you said something about an opportunity for the union to test nyartifacts for you, could you elaborate on that?
pocket random tiny object of some sort of value be it a token or jsut some random item. before helping him with the rest
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29697 on: September 30, 2015, 02:28:09 pm »

Milno ends up sitting against Lars' tube of medigel. With most of the people he knew and/or trusted to a degree dying or disappearing, he didn't have anyone besides the armory master to have "stable" conversations with and she had her own work to do. He brought up the image of the project he had been working on and off recently on the datapad and started to check its feasibility once more. Like most of his ideas, it was just another modification of an existing item but intended to fix a problem he had been made aware of ever since the Samsonite Abyss.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29698 on: September 30, 2015, 03:26:31 pm »

Bored waiting around for the briefing, Yancy wanders to the infirmary to say hi to the less fortunate teammates. He finds Lars.

"Yo, preacher-man, just came to see how ya doing. I mean, that was a pretty wild fig-" He notices Milno, and immediately stiffens and salutes. "Afternoon sir! Checking up on the wounded?"
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29699 on: September 30, 2015, 03:56:06 pm »

Mycroft shall step out of the infirmary and invoke the Great Steve.
"Uh.  Steve?  You're the AI, right?  Would you mind telling me what the flying skeletal carp I seem to have gotten myself into out of inertia?  Also, how to avoid dying?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 1978 1979 [1980] 1981 1982 ... 2101