_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1977 1978 [1979] 1980 1981 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924316 times)

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Paris' accidental discharge
« Reply #29670 on: September 29, 2015, 03:44:10 pm »

Get some robo-ready bluesmokes and alcohol. Have a bluesmoke and some alcohol. Sit in the far corner of the briefing room and wait for the mission. I shouldn't actually die if I die in VR, right? If so, head to VR, the scene being me with my current equipment, with a hostile arbiter of peace 100 meters away.

((Got to do something while waiting for the mission, and missed out on the last arbiter battle.))
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 03:50:45 pm by HavingPhun »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29671 on: September 29, 2015, 03:59:21 pm »

Buy sullen moon nyartifact, toss kit stolen from dead person in union room at Miyamoto's place.

"Sorry guys, I'm going to have to do this before he disbands the union or beats one of us up."

Quote from: Christopher to Miyamoto
Well, you said something about an opportunity for the union to test nyartifacts for you, could you elaborate on that?
Response:
What, the pill machine, or the other thing?

See if lab boys have found a solution for mr. Doomarms.

So, 3 or 4 tokens to replace it. And how many tokens to add a forceblade to the other end of the naginata, aka making it have both a forceblade and a monorazor? And would this even work without a high chance of hilariously stabbing myself?   
Forceblade---------handle--------monorazor

And what about putting the forceblade next to and over the monorazor on the other side? What would that cost, and is it practical?

------handle------monorazor
                                forceblade
This pic might help:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But with razor on one side and forcefild on the other.

Or would it be possible to have a serrated forcefield, and then maybe have the forcefield itself or part of the assembly vibrate?

Finally, what about a system with the monorazor behind the forceblade, where the monorazor is pushed to the front and allowed to saw if the forceblade can't cut through?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 09:57:33 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SkyMarshal

• Bay Watcher
  • What's this button do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29672 on: September 29, 2015, 04:00:22 pm »

"So, wait... I bought this because anything called a "blaster" whatever has got to be good.  I assume it's a laser of some sort?  Or does it launch plasma?  Also, as I assume it has a battery, how do I change it?"

Ask the AM stupid questions.  Try to resist asking if it takes AAA batteries.

((Also, we should see if we can parallelise PW and run him on a fat stack of graphics cards.  Why deal with ~4 cores when you can have 600+?))
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 08:49:49 pm by SkyMarshal »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29673 on: September 29, 2015, 04:08:19 pm »

Track down the quartermaster/AM and ask for recommended purchases for Hephaestus crew within 5 tokens, given that I own the MCP-I.  Don't buy anything yet, though.
((I figure he has use statistics and probably survival statistics about?  Eh.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #29674 on: September 29, 2015, 05:19:04 pm »

"Is there by chance a God of surgery? Or of transplants?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29675 on: September 29, 2015, 05:24:22 pm »

"Well, that would fall under the domain of Emar-i, as he is the purveyor of doctors and all that they do."  Brother Lars made a complicated gesture in an attempt to draw an eye with his finger on the tank.  "His symbol is the Eye, and symbolizes the third eye he has in his forehead.  It allows him to see the true diagnosis the patient needs, in order to treat them and send them on their way."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29676 on: September 29, 2015, 05:29:25 pm »

"And how does one apply the symbol of this god? To items, or people, or patients...?"
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29677 on: September 29, 2015, 05:41:27 pm »

The Industrial Suit is the one that machine city technicians use. Protects against falls from great heights, getting hit by heavy machinery, falling into vats of molten steel, that kind of thing. Might not be the same as the reactor tech suit. The one with the helmet resembling a dodecahedron, was it? Bishop was looking into it once upon a time. Still the same price? If yes (with a 2-token tolerance either way), buy it and put it on anyway.

In any case, subtract 2 tokens from that previous return since the MK3 is actually 10 tokens, leaving me with a perfect 6.

After that's done, to the testing room! Try doing a roll in the Industrial Suit. See if agility improves over series of attempts via miraculous space flesh magic, and whether I can turn that fat roll into a fast roll.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29678 on: September 29, 2015, 05:43:18 pm »

"It depends on the god in question, but for Emar-i, one places it on the surgical tools or as a tattoo on the hand of the doctor.  It can be placed on the patient, as well.  As for Sa'las, the symbol is placed near where the limb was severed or on the already severed limb, which ensures swift recovery."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29679 on: September 29, 2015, 07:35:01 pm »

Quote from: Lyra to Flint
Death
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29680 on: September 29, 2015, 08:27:03 pm »

"You've got a wrist pad that functions like a computer. It can work with voice commands if you can't work the keypad. As per a cane, we've got one here for 5 tokens. If you check your pockets, you probably have that much. They're little purple plastic disks."

"Mmhrm, thank you, I'll buy that then."
Fork over tokens with a small smile, get cane, comment on cane: "Hmm. Something about it feels... strange. Is there anything I should know?"
You already know enough, Root, it's like me, it wants in your head. Canes with neural interface protocols, oy vey what a future, what a future!
Mutter: "shush you, you're an internal voice, there's a world of difference"
Ask AM (after she's said her bit on the cane): "Oh yes that reminds me, is there anything you can do about reducing the number of voices in my head?"
No, please! I'm your conscience, you need me, not everyone's so lucky!
Shake head, grumble "shutup shutup" at the voice.
There now she thinks you're crazy!
Mutter: "She probably already thought I was crazy you little shit"
Cough awkwardly. Apologize to AM and bid a hasty retreat: "Sorry about that. Pesky voice in my JUST CAN IT, YOU WORM! Shitnugget uh pardon me I'll go make a fool of myself somewhere else"
Cross the hall to the test chamber, action there pending what the AM said.

((shall I wikignomificate his defrosting and purchase? And is this sort of internal bickering clear enough in who's talking to who?))

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29681 on: September 29, 2015, 09:28:58 pm »

Give Miya those tokens he asked for by some means.

Alex sort of sat in the regenerative fluid, only now regaining consciousness, yet not nearly able to move yet. After a moment of confusion, he checked his equipment and wristpad, find Miya's message and discovering his kit gone. After some investigation with his enormous amount of free time, he sent a message to Tek, then Miya.
Quote from: Alex Manson to Tek
Hey, do you happen to still have my kit? I'd like it back if possible.
Quote from: Alex Manson to Miyamoto
Alright, I'll find some way to get the tokens to you, thanks for letting me borrow them. Sorry about how the mission turned out.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29682 on: September 29, 2015, 09:32:09 pm »

"It depends on the god in question, but for Emar-i, one places it on the surgical tools or as a tattoo on the hand of the doctor.  It can be placed on the patient, as well.  As for Sa'las, the symbol is placed near where the limb was severed or on the already severed limb, which ensures swift recovery."
"Interesting.

Thank you, Lars. I have to go now, but when you're able to could you send me data on the various gods like you offered?"
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29683 on: September 29, 2015, 09:34:50 pm »

Lars nodded.  "I will, Sister.  May you walk ever in the light of Steve and follow in the footsteps of Emar-i."  He then tapped away at his wristpad to start sending the files.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29684 on: September 29, 2015, 09:44:21 pm »

"Thank you, Brother."

Vanessa turns around and ambles off, looking closely at the various medical personnel she passes. Then she's off to one part of the ship or another, looking for something to do while waiting for the mission.

Head to the Rec Room and try to plug myself into VR if at all possible. Enter Duel (or whichever program lets us generate opponents to fight) and spawn an average human guy with a metal bar/baseball bat or something to fight.

Also confirming going on mission 24
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 02:14:00 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 1977 1978 [1979] 1980 1981 ... 2101