_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1979 1980 [1981] 1982 1983 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924310 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Paris' accidental discharge
« Reply #29700 on: September 30, 2015, 03:56:21 pm »

Lars smiled and bowed.  "Brother Yancy!  It is good to see that you are well.  May the light of Steve shine on this meeting!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29701 on: September 30, 2015, 04:01:34 pm »

Milno raises his face from the datapad to acknowledge Yancy. "Just checking on the preacher." he replies, carefully poking around the touchscreen with his bionic hand.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29702 on: September 30, 2015, 07:44:29 pm »

After several moments of letting Flint pet me, and relaxing to his touch, I reach over to my wrist-comp and type out a message to him.
Quote from: Lyra to Flint
Would you have pet human me?
Flint couldn't restrain a small laugh. He almost immediately raised his free hands in a "Stop" motion, aware of how his reaction could be misinterpreted.
"Don't worry. I'm not laughing because I wouldn't, it's because- Heh, you don't know where I come from, what my home is like. If you knew, you'd see why that question is so... upside down."

"You see, we were taught that anything that wasn't accepted by the theocracy was wrong. That anything that didn't hold up to their ideals of what should be called human was an abomination. That trying to change yourself in any way was against nature. The worst heresy of all was gene-modding. Something to do with the church's beliefs and the colonists that came to our world originating from a world that had once faced some (in retrospect minor) strain of the altered. We were taught to fear the inhuman, our horror stories were of deformed monsters, of crazy scientists gene-modding themselves into city-destroying horrors, of strange shape-changing creatures living amongst us, ready to infect us and turn us into a soulless freak. The fact that we had little access to the outside world and information coming from it didn't help. I didn't get access to the interstellar network until my final months on that world."

"I was never one to really get into these sorts of things, didn't care much about them, but even if you don't, having this sort of thing everywhere around you, in the laws, in the media, in your words... it gets to you. Even if you don't want it to, you can't help but have part of you feel... uncomfortable. Fearful. Because that subconscious part of your mind keeps nagging you, saying 'What if something happens? What if they are right?' So, considering this, I think you can see why I found your question so strange, considering you were asking about someone who looks like a nice human girl."

"Of course, that is all in the past. You see, I met someone."
Flint smiles and looks at the opposite wall, as if there is something he can see beyond it.
"I met someone who was different. Someone who was willing to teach me a great deal of truth about the world, the people in it and about myself. Someone who was different but also a great person. And I saw that all that I had been taught were wrong, that we were being lied to. I found people who were fun, interesting, friendly, accepting. A family I never had. And I made a promise to myself that I would never let myself be lied to like that, that I would never again judge someone because of how they look, what groups others say they belong to, what others say about them. I would make my own judgements based on who they are, not what they are. And I try my hardest to keep that promise. So while I still get that feeling in the back of my mind sometimes, I think I've learned to ignore it."

He turns to look at Lyra again, this time smiling at her. His heart was beating more quickly, he could feel the pressure in his chest and his temples, caused by the stress from opening up and sharing something so personal, something he'd been taught to hide. But he felt he could trust her, as she had trusted him. And perhaps help her understand him a bit better.
"So, to answer your question, then yes, I would. Because why wouldn't I want to be nice to my friend? How she looks like is irrelevant. I mean, I guess if you had poison spikes or something I'd have to find a different way to show my affection, but you know what I mean, right?" he added the small joke in the end, trying to lighten the mood.

Quote from: Lyra to Flint
Home reject change. Home reject nonhuman. Home reject runt.

Leave runt to die. Natural role of freak. should no live.

Never accept me. No matter change. Then. Now.
"Hm. So our homes weren't so different after all." Flint observed sombrely.
Is she... nah, she can't be. What would be the odds of that?
I guess if a ship took me, then it could have... Nah. There are thousands of worlds in the UWM. It would be no surprise if there are similarities between a few of them.
What would it matter anyway? It's not important. We're here now. And we'll probably never go back.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 03:46:41 am by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29703 on: September 30, 2015, 07:48:30 pm »

((well seeing as the mission still appears to not be starting...))

stack all my weapons outside the testing chamber.
Go buy a blaster pistol and place it on the floor in the testing chamber along with my mk1.
Turn on the suit computer and sync the geiger counter to my wristpad.
take deathcube out into the hall and make sure im closer to the pistol then my weapon pile.
push B1,C7,F4,G6,H1.
observe difference in radiation output by the blueraditite power core.

Put deathcube back if radiation levels are safe, if not place it in a different testing chamber.

((oh and a uick question:
can synthbodies consume metamorphosis pills somehow?
and if yes would it only affect the brain? or is synthflesh semi-organic and therefore semi-susceptible?)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 08:26:36 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29704 on: October 01, 2015, 01:40:07 am »

Ah, fuck it. I'll just use what I have. Borrow some tongs, go fetch the Shackle from my room with the tings, and head to a Testing Chamber. Put the Shackle on the floor and put the tongs far away. Drink Potion #7 while standing in close proximity to the Shackle, but not near either hole. More like to the side of it. Also, I should still have the HEP Pyramid floating around my arm or wherever if that matters.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29705 on: October 01, 2015, 12:40:39 pm »

I settle down next to Flint and purr.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29706 on: October 01, 2015, 12:54:14 pm »

Yancy relaxes. "Good to see you still in one piece Lars. More than I can say for me, but they fixed that real quick. Helps to already be robotic." He pauses for a second. "You know, I've been replaying the mission in my head ever since we got back, and I'm not sure how we could have handled that better. I mean, the average response to finding yourself fighting an Arbiter of Peace is usually detonating irresponsibly high yield ordinance at suicidally close ranges, and that usually means someone sacrifices themselves to kill it. Not, of course, that such a tactic has been very successful, given how frucking FAST they move. I'm actually sure we're the first people to take down an AOP with less than 30 casualties."
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29707 on: October 01, 2015, 01:03:21 pm »

Brother Lars smiled and made a waving motion toward Yancy.  "Ah, Brother Yancy! Such is the potential of the few when they trust in the divine!  Put your mortal feelings aside and let the divine will flow through you like a river.  Such is the path to enlightenment and the beauty of the world."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29708 on: October 01, 2015, 01:04:44 pm »

"I'd probably have had Steve control me." Milno gives his honest opinion to Yancy as he opens a window on the data-pad to replay some of the mission footage, his brow creasing as he saw the sheer speed of the thing and the team's despair. "Organizing a proper response against a thing like this would need good cohesion and quick thinking. And luck. Letting Steve take over is 'painless' and efficient."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29709 on: October 01, 2015, 03:05:05 pm »

"I'd probably have had Steve control me." Milno gives his honest opinion to Yancy as he opens a window on the data-pad to replay some of the mission footage, his brow creasing as he saw the sheer speed of the thing and the team's despair. "Organizing a proper response against a thing like this would need good cohesion and quick thinking. And luck. Letting Steve take over is 'painless' and efficient."

"It IS nice to know we have that option for when shit hits the fan in a major way. Given how the mission turned out because of it, I'm not arguing with the results!" Yancy smiles a bit before noticing what Milno is doing. "Design work huh? Heh, I think everyone on the ship has had a go at that at least once or twice. I have a couple designs myself, one of which shows some real promise."
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29710 on: October 01, 2015, 04:04:27 pm »

"Try to keep them useful, avoid giant death dicks." Milno says as he returns to examining his design. "So far I've just been taking apart things that exist and then trying to make them work for me and that's kept me alive so far."
>Yes?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29711 on: October 01, 2015, 04:32:24 pm »

"Well, this one is a useful giant death dick. I've been working on a guided missile launcher, though given cost differentials of rockets it's morphed more into a rocket-assisted gauss launcher. The main draw, though, besides the guided part, is the ability to launch nukes on the cheap, which makes nukes slightly safer to use since the average trooper can't hurl a bomb far enough to escape the blast, and remote and timer detonations require you to set it up beforehand. This way we can nuke something that needs nuking at any moment-as long as you are not right next to the thing needing nuking!"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29712 on: October 01, 2015, 04:37:00 pm »

Mycroft, hearing Tinker-related discussion wafting around the corner, walks back in.  Apparently Steve just isn't responding.  Oh well.
On the plus side, he has managed to jury-rig a simulator on his wristpad and do a couple more experiments.
"Speaking of things that are patently obvious once thought of, I just stuck a Kinetic Amplifier on a hammer."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29713 on: October 01, 2015, 09:21:13 pm »

"Try something simpler afterwards, to even out." Milno tells Yancy before turning his attention to Mycroft and raising an eyebrow. He isn't sure whether the newbie is just stating that's a good idea - which it sort of is if you're really good with that kind of weapon - or if said newbie believes he's the first to do so - which he isn't. "Those are hard to swing when an alien is upon your face, but I guess you have the right to choose how to die."
>Yes?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29714 on: October 02, 2015, 05:16:20 am »

((Once again there was a failure to wikify that.  Uugh.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 1979 1980 [1981] 1982 1983 ... 2101