Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 334

Author Topic: Food Thread: Kitchen Chemistry  (Read 550170 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Food Thread: Grammatical Misteaks
« Reply #1770 on: September 28, 2014, 11:28:58 pm »

I often eat fried egg and cheese sandwiches. I prefer to fry my eggs with olive oil, as it's more flavorful and healthier than corn oil. Today I tried something different: I drained the olive oil from a sardine can and used that to fry my egg in. Olive oil that's had sardines soaking in it for probably weeks, with little bits of fish still in it.

It was delicious.

I will be cooking with leftover sardine-soaked olive oil again.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1771 on: September 29, 2014, 12:27:15 am »

Whenever I cook something in a pan for dinner (stir-fries work especially well, but curry, daal, beans, pasta sauce, or pretty much anything is good), I like to leave the pan unwashed and cook eggs in it the next morning. Pretty much no matter what flavors are in there, they go well with eggs. It's like magic.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: September 29, 2014, 06:00:58 am »

Simmilar: After making - home fries? Fuck no, that's not how they should be called - Bratkartoffeln, throw a couple of sliced-up tomatoes into the pan. They'll clean up the gunk on the bottom of the pan, and you'll get a delicious tomato sauce on top of that.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: September 29, 2014, 07:32:00 pm »

Whenever I cook something in a pan for dinner (stir-fries work especially well, but curry, daal, beans, pasta sauce, or pretty much anything is good), I like to leave the pan unwashed and cook eggs in it the next morning. Pretty much no matter what flavors are in there, they go well with eggs. It's like magic.

That's an awesome idea, Sappho!  I just made a big batch of Creole Red Beans and Rice.  Definitely scrambling some eggs in that pan later on!

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: September 30, 2014, 02:06:31 am »

I've made regular hummus in the past, but some of these variations look pretty interesting, and I do have that can of chickpeas...
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: September 30, 2014, 07:04:49 am »

I've made regular hummus in the past, but some of these variations look pretty interesting, and I do have that can of chickpeas...
Good lord you are my hero and I'm going to go home tonight and make ALL OF THE HUMUS.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: September 30, 2014, 08:07:39 am »

The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: September 30, 2014, 08:28:14 am »

I refuse to correct my spelling mistake, so I guess I'm setting up a compost heap tonight. There goes my evening of delicious chickpea based foods.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: September 30, 2014, 09:15:37 am »

Those variations look awesome. Pesto hummus and edamame hummus are great ideas.

Beet hummus is not.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: September 30, 2014, 01:13:30 pm »

Beet hummus is not.
Spoken like a person who's never had beets.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: September 30, 2014, 01:19:36 pm »

I have definitely had beets. I remember them very vividly.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: September 30, 2014, 01:31:21 pm »

you are aware of the fact that you're supposed to consume the beets in an intramuscular fashion, yes

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: September 30, 2014, 01:34:45 pm »

They weren't pickled, were they? I like them that way but I can see why you wouldn't think they'd be good in hummus, if that's your experience. Otherwise, I cannot comprehend the true form of your opinion's attack.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1783 on: September 30, 2014, 01:36:40 pm »

Many people dislike the taste of beets. I, for example, abhor them to the point that they make me gag. The smell alone makes me nauseous. It's not uncommon to dislike them. Hence our good friend Penguin's strong reaction to the suggestion of beet hummus (which was pretty much identical to my own).

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: September 30, 2014, 02:28:55 pm »

They weren't pickled, were they? I like them that way but I can see why you wouldn't think they'd be good in hummus, if that's your experience. Otherwise, I cannot comprehend the true form of your opinion's attack.

I've had them raw and pickled. Raw was okay, pickled ones were a little gross. Do regular cooked beets taste significantly different?
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 334