Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 334

Author Topic: Food Thread: Kitchen Chemistry  (Read 549907 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Food Thread: Grammatical Misteaks
« Reply #1740 on: September 21, 2014, 11:18:34 am »

Quack!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: September 21, 2014, 11:39:07 am »

Great job, acetech09, you cooked timferius.

Got ahold of some allspice from the grocery store. Holy crap that was expensive, ~$6 for a 1.5oz jar.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: September 21, 2014, 11:59:41 am »

Got ahold of some allspice from the grocery store. Holy crap that was expensive, ~$6 for a 1.5oz jar.

Yowch. I haven't gone spice shopping in a while, now not really looking forward to :S
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: September 21, 2014, 12:04:29 pm »

Everything else was in the ~$1 range.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: September 21, 2014, 06:41:24 pm »

Allspice sounds like what Norse Gods use to season their food.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1745 on: September 21, 2014, 06:44:47 pm »

Allspice sounds like what Norse Gods use to season their food.
Nah they use the beards of women and the noise of cat footfalls for that.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: September 21, 2014, 07:08:43 pm »

Alrighty. This week, I'm going to try to cook and eat generally fresh, healthy, good food for breakfasts and lunches. Last week, I ate almost exclusively from the pre-made sandwich and wrap selection at Trader Joes, and breakfasts at Starbuck's. It'll mean a bit of cooking, but the duck yesterday got me in the mood for some good food prep.

Also, leftover wine from yesterday is currently reducing into a demi glace with some chicken broth (kosher jewish brand, only one I buy) and some herbs. (Bay leaves, marjoram, basil, pepper, thyme)

« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 07:12:10 pm by acetech09 »
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: September 24, 2014, 03:20:44 am »

Sad morning rolls. Like normal morning rolls, but eaten in the middle of the night while sad.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: September 24, 2014, 06:09:39 am »

Sad morning rolls. Like normal morning rolls, but eaten in the middle of the night while sad.

If they are eaten in the middle of the night, doesn't that make them midnight rolls? Sadness optional.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: September 24, 2014, 02:44:50 pm »

If they were good rolls you should be less sad after eating them. Next time make some delicious happy midnight rolls waiting you in the fridge.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1750 on: September 25, 2014, 01:21:23 am »

I learned something yesterday.

After a brutally long and stressful day at work, I knew I wouldn't have the energy to cook dinner, so I gave in to a combination of laziness and desperation and stopped at the pizza place. I would like a small pizza, I said, and the woman shook her head in exasperation, clearly fed up with these fools who walk in around dinner time and try to order food. You'll wait for half an hour, she said. She then gestured to the pizzas already available by the slice. There was a whole pepperoni pizza sitting there, and she pointed at it meaningfully. We've got a fresh one right here. Three of these big slices are about the same size as a small pizza, and a few crowns cheaper.

Normally I would shake my head right back at her and tell her I don't mind waiting, but I was really at my limit for the day. I just needed to get home. Generally, I don't get pizza with meat on it. I always get mushroom. But I was too tired to argue. I shrugged my shoulders. Fine, I said. Just give me three of those.

When I got home and opened the box, I discovered that the pizza was barely even warm. When I order a whole pizza, it's still hot when I get it home, so I knew this one wasn't as fresh as she had claimed, sitting there in the glow of the warming lights. I ate two slices anyway. They were just awful. Really, really quite bad. Far greasier than the veggie pizza ever is, made with cheap meat, and with too much oregano. I ate two slices and left the third for later. I always get hungry just before bed, and I can't sleep if I'm hungry.

Amazingly, I didn't get hungry again last night. Whenever I started to feel peckish, I thought of the third slice sitting there in its box, waiting to be warmed up and consumed, and discovered that miraculously, my hunger had vanished. I didn't even feel like eating anything else.

So last night I learned that eating food you don't like can kill your appetite for the rest of the day. And also that I should never trust the woman who works at that pizza place, nor should I ever get meat pizza from them since they clearly use inferior quality meats.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: September 25, 2014, 01:57:17 am »

Also, this is why you should never get old pizza that's been sitting out for who knows how long. The cooking time might be a pain, but pizza is one of those foods that should be hot and fresh rather than stale and barely warm.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: September 25, 2014, 04:29:40 am »

Or alternatively, eaten cold from the fridge. I don't know why, but it just works.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: September 25, 2014, 06:54:01 am »

when reheating pizza, do so in a frying pan or a flat sandwich toaster (no need for additional oil)

it is glorious
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: September 25, 2014, 12:11:57 pm »

Recipe for pumpkin icecream.

Guh, I don't have an ice cream maker. >_<

PRE-EDIT: That's better.

I was looking for a new ice cream recipe. ^_^
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 334