Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 334

Author Topic: Food Thread: Kitchen Chemistry  (Read 549908 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Food Thread: Grammatical Misteaks
« Reply #1755 on: September 25, 2014, 12:13:27 pm »

Clearly the best pizza is the one served to you by an old fat guy named Ray
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: September 25, 2014, 12:27:22 pm »

So, I recently made some homemade french fries.

The general method I used was cut potatoes into french fry-ish shapes, heated honestly probably too much vegetable oil in a pot, and waited for a bit. Then, I tossed in a loose bit of potatoes, and used whether or not it started bubbling as a guide as to whether it's ready. After that, I just (Very carefully) tossed the fries into the vegetable oil, and poked them with a plastic spoon until they were hard. Bam. Fries. Took ~5 minutes once I got the potatoes cut.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: September 25, 2014, 01:05:13 pm »

*Sheb goes Belgianserk

That's not how you do french fries!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: September 25, 2014, 01:07:00 pm »

Or alternatively, eaten cold from the fridge. I don't know why, but it just works.
Also this.

If I'm in the mood for hot pizza, I'll reheat it in a toaster oven (or regular oven if the smaller version is not available). Don't use a microwave, it just won't work.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: September 25, 2014, 01:20:58 pm »

*Sheb goes Belgianserk

Well that's how you do them in 'MURICA

But yes, I do realize that that's probably the worst way to go about it. However, no, I don't particularly care because they were delicious.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: September 25, 2014, 01:28:21 pm »

*Sheb goes Belgianserk

But yes, I do realize that that's probably the worst way to go about it. However, no, I don't particularly care because they were delicious.

What's this Mur A you're talking about?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1761 on: September 27, 2014, 07:07:11 am »

It's cold outside. Time for spiced tea. I just threw some cinnamon, nutmeg, and a little chili powder in with a standard cup of English tea with sugar and creamy soya powder (don't just, I'm lactose intolerant and don't use enough milk to justify the cost of buying liquid soya milk and throwing half of it away when it spoils). Perfection.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1762 on: September 27, 2014, 10:29:33 am »

I'll have to remember that. It sounds delicious.
Too bad I'll have to remember it for six months until the end of the interminable summer...

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: September 27, 2014, 10:36:18 am »

*Sheb goes Belgianserk

What's this Mur A you're talking about?

It's a land of freedom, democracy, more freedom, right wing extremists, liberals, that random guy in the middle, and people who don't realize that white letters are near invisible on whiteish back grounds

'MURICA
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: September 28, 2014, 11:35:40 am »

The pumpkin ice cream was pretty damn good. Does taste like pumpkin pie. I did seriously overestimate the amount of pumpkin used, so I still have 4/5ths of the can left.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: September 28, 2014, 12:02:44 pm »

It's cold outside. Time for spiced tea. I just threw some cinnamon, nutmeg, and a little chili powder in with a standard cup of English tea with sugar and creamy soya powder (don't just, I'm lactose intolerant and don't use enough milk to justify the cost of buying liquid soya milk and throwing half of it away when it spoils). Perfection.
Chili powder? MAGNIFICENT
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1766 on: September 28, 2014, 12:13:18 pm »

Chili powder? MAGNIFICENT

Confirmed today that this also works well with coffee, if you have a french press. Put the spices in with the coffee while it brews, then add sugar and cream/milk in the cup. Fantabulous. Clearly I have discovered the best winter drink.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1767 on: September 28, 2014, 12:33:41 pm »

I was actually thinking about that this morning- my only problem with my spiced tea was that the spice flavour was minimal, and I was thinking that using loose-leaf tea and a generous helping of spice would draw out the flavours better. It wasn't a great leap from there to thinking about brewing it with coffee.

And on another food note, I just finished a microwave brownie according to my third revision of the recipe, wherein I quarter the ingredients (yielding a brownie "only" the size of a teacup) but slightly increase oil and baking  powder. It was deliciously moist, yet light and fluffy. Nine out of ten, would devour again.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: September 28, 2014, 12:38:06 pm »

I'm hopelessly addicted to coffee nog. Half coffee, half eggnog, grate some fresh nutmeg on top. It cuts the vile gloopiness of the eggnog while adding milk and sugar to the coffee all at once. Truly it is the perfect form of both beverages.

The fact that I can only buy eggnog around Christmas is the only thing that's saved me thus far.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: September 28, 2014, 02:49:37 pm »

I was actually thinking about that this morning- my only problem with my spiced tea was that the spice flavour was minimal, and I was thinking that using loose-leaf tea and a generous helping of spice would draw out the flavours better. It wasn't a great leap from there to thinking about brewing it with coffee.

And on another food note, I just finished a microwave brownie according to my third revision of the recipe, wherein I quarter the ingredients (yielding a brownie "only" the size of a teacup) but slightly increase oil and baking  powder. It was deliciously moist, yet light and fluffy. Nine out of ten, would devour again.
Protip: Add chipotle pepper and cinnamon.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 334