Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44

Author Topic: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)  (Read 63297 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)
« Reply #360 on: April 26, 2012, 11:49:30 am »

It just occurred me, when I "park" the Godsplitter in the market, I will have to keep the fusion generator working and turn off most systems. I don't want to shutdown the fusion generator and expend an enormous amount of energy to bring it back online.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 26, 2012, 11:56:31 am »

It just occurred me, when I "park" the Godsplitter in the market, I will have to keep the fusion generator working and turn off most systems. I don't want to shutdown the fusion generator and expend an enormous amount of energy to bring it back online.
Kinda. Also, I'm thinking of potentially doubling arceleration and max speed values to speed up combat a little. Maybe not, we'll see how it goes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 26, 2012, 12:01:12 pm »

I think it wouldn't take long if we ran towards them, but I want to take advantage of the missiles. Which remembers me, how much HP do those 45 size missiles have?
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 26, 2012, 12:03:59 pm »

I think it wouldn't take long if we ran towards them, but I want to take advantage of the missiles. Which remembers me, how much HP do those 45 size missiles have?
4( 4.5 actually, but wherether I round down or up depends on the roll)
One of them already got blown up.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 26, 2012, 12:04:49 pm »

How high was their laser damage roll? It is 0-8 if I remember correctly.
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 26, 2012, 12:06:41 pm »

How high was their laser damage roll? It is 0-8 if I remember correctly.
They rolled a five. Note that they have 2 lasers. And they need to actually hit first. (They only have an about 40% hit chance)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 26, 2012, 12:12:10 pm »

I just noticed missile warfare sucks balls. Meh. They'll all be destroyed before reaching the target.

The next missiles I create will have fighter shields on them. Is that acceptable? Theoretically, they could phase through the enemy's shields and deliver the crack right into the hull.
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 26, 2012, 12:48:25 pm »

I just noticed missile warfare sucks balls. Meh. They'll all be destroyed before reaching the target.

The next missiles I create will have fighter shields on them. Is that acceptable? Theoretically, they could phase through the enemy's shields and deliver the crack right into the hull.
They probably won't.  The Achilles won't keep firing at the missiles. And after all, the first wave follows closly on the second.

Yeah, but probably quite expensive. You can try armoring them too. And yes they can phase through shields.

Also, I'm might double all speeds and arcelerations to speed up the game a bit. Not sure yet.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 26, 2012, 12:53:49 pm »

Yeah, but probably quite expensive. You can try armoring them too. And yes they can phase through shields.

Worth it. The dirty work of taking the shields down is done by the enormous amount of Barracudas I carry at the moment.

Edit: I just remembered they carry size 7 Boosters. Are those activated at the moment?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 12:56:02 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 26, 2012, 01:03:20 pm »

Worth it. The dirty work of taking the shields down is done by the enormous amount of Barracudas I carry at the moment.

Edit: I just remembered they carry size 7 Boosters. Are those activated at the moment?
I launched them at start, Yes. That's why they have 70 speed, rather then 2.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 26, 2012, 01:08:53 pm »

For how long do the boosters keep pushing the missiles?
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 26, 2012, 01:13:05 pm »

For how long do the boosters keep pushing the missiles?
One time speed boost.

Maybe I really should double all speeds and arcellerations.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 26, 2012, 01:17:42 pm »

Well, what do you think? Pretty damn expensive, but I think their chance of bypassing the shield is worth it.
Spoiler: Heaven Divider Missile (click to show/hide)

That may be be needed, especially for missiles.

Edit: And maybe only the accelerations. I believe the speeds are fine as they are.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 01:21:25 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 27, 2012, 09:57:05 am »

Well, what do you think? Pretty damn expensive, but I think their chance of bypassing the shield is worth it.
Spoiler: Heaven Divider Missile (click to show/hide)

That may be be needed, especially for missiles.

Edit: And maybe only the accelerations. I believe the speeds are fine as they are.
Nope, That would make conventional engines rather useless.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 27, 2012, 10:22:02 am »

Ok, but a ship trying to escape a missile would still have solid chances of doing the same.

t the moment, we are lucky because the Conglomerate ship is maneuvered by an idiot.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44