Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44

Author Topic: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)  (Read 63231 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)
« Reply #330 on: April 25, 2012, 12:56:05 pm »

Yeah, I remembered just now. I'm about to post.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 25, 2012, 04:06:06 pm »

GM, I messed up on the Haymaker's armor. Its armor rating is "medium", and I paid for the medium (488), but I accidentally wrote down its armor as 15, when it should have been 20.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 25, 2012, 04:38:22 pm »

In answer to your earlier question ebbor I came from one of the frontier colonies.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 25, 2012, 04:40:39 pm »

@adwarf: I guess off to IronyOwl's mad scientist, Raptor Jesus-adoring captain it is to your character.

Also, I am still trying to create a ship for your RtD.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 25, 2012, 04:45:18 pm »

Take your time its a bit confusing, and plus I still need to write out some combat rules :P

On another note I must attempt to make boarding spider drones >:D

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 25, 2012, 04:50:40 pm »

On another note I must attempt to make boarding spider drones >:D
In this RtD?

I have already created a supposedly working shield-bypassing missile which will be my newest standard-use missile.
>Yes?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 25, 2012, 05:09:22 pm »

Yep in this one, but mine shall infiltrate the ship, and cause mayhem within >:D

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 25, 2012, 07:15:11 pm »

GM, I think the size of the engine should only modify the acceleration, mostly due to the fact that an engine can't be overburdened in the vacuum, since a small one can propel one ton as well as a thousand in space, due to the lack of friction, unless the shields themselves created a friction effect somehow.
>Yes?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #338 on: April 25, 2012, 08:01:50 pm »

You could argue that the massive size of the ship induced enough friction from the one in a million hydrogen atoms in the vacuum ...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 25, 2012, 08:03:44 pm »

You could argue that the massive size of the ship induced enough friction from the one in a million hydrogen atoms in the vacuum ...
..........I don't remember my History classes  :'(
>Yes?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #340 on: April 25, 2012, 08:06:34 pm »

..........I don't remember my History classes  :'(

It's not plausible >.> Unless your ship is big enough to dwarf the Sun.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 25, 2012, 08:08:16 pm »

The main problem also being that we are already making use of a realistic "drifting" system for movement. Also, wut, I did not know you lurked around here.

Edit: But then again I was also surprised when adwarf popped up.
>Yes?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #342 on: April 25, 2012, 08:11:12 pm »

...Drifting ?

What do you mean by that? o_o

Pleasedon'tsaythatyouareusingwingsto-

Oh, you mean drifting through space. I hope you have enough space for microthrusters because drifting isn't pleasant especially if you are about to make acquaintances with a planetary or sub-planetary object(s).

:\

More seriously, you probably won't have any friction. One atom in a million empty spots is absurdly empty. >.>

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 25, 2012, 08:19:32 pm »

We do have engines and thrusters. The ships will drift only when we don't need to accelerate or stop.

And yeah, I was thinking about 80's japanese cars I mean that in occasions where friction has to be taken in account, then the underpowered engine should be taken in consideration.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 08:33:10 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 25, 2012, 11:49:37 pm »

GM, I messed up on the Haymaker's armor. Its armor rating is "medium", and I paid for the medium (488), but I accidentally wrote down its armor as 15, when it should have been 20.
Fixed.
GM, I think the size of the engine should only modify the acceleration, mostly due to the fact that an engine can't be overburdened in the vacuum, since a small one can propel one ton as well as a thousand in space, due to the lack of friction, unless the shields themselves created a friction effect somehow.
The size of the engine affects the amount f thrust it gives.(In newton). It cost more power to arcelerate a large ship to a decent speed then it costs to arcelerate a fighter. While your ship has no friction or weight in vacuum, it still posseses mass, which needs to be moved around.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44