Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: The HMS Thunderchild : A Steampunk Airship game! (Turn 18)  (Read 16841 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The HMS Thunderchild : A Steampunk Airship game! (Turn 11)
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2012, 08:00:24 pm »

Adrienne was terrified, bewildered and exhausted...she felt something snap inside of her.

Was this how she was going to die? Crying in in this stupid (yet ornately decorated) closet?

No!

She thought of how the rest of the Ladies of the Steamhorn Matriarch Society would mock her unfortunate demise at her wake (probably insulting her choice of coffin)...surely, the King would take it hard-though he'd have another 'under-consort' in a week (a younger one)...and that her sister Talila Du'Morne (that bitch) would inherit all her lands and titles, through no effort of her own.

Never, she cried out! Vive le Resistance!

Adrienne picked up her battle shoe and charged toward the door.

Action: Resistance! Charge from the closet and lay waste to mine enemies. With a shoe. At least distract them?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2012, 08:18:39 pm »

Attempt to drag Lyliss into my Infirmary, Attacking anyone necessary.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2012, 08:46:15 pm »

Harker rushed,ducked and hit the deck to attempt to get a shot off at the legs or knees of the operator in hopes of making him drop the controller
Raggle Fraggle

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2012, 09:35:24 pm »

"Ok, people, we have a problem. We're spiraling down, and I have a feeling its due to the weight of the boarders and the automaton I hear through the pipes. I need you to drive them off and detach their steamplane. I don't want to have to use the thruster."

Keep the ship steady.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2012, 01:37:20 pm »

Be dragged.

Ow. That hurt. And why did he hit so hard?! Robots were evul. They thought, they moved, they hit little girls over the head (and or shoulders)!

Lyliss played dead, letting herself go limp. She kept on the guard in case evul robot tried to hit her again.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2012, 04:13:04 pm »

OOC: Nice. We had a week break and everyone came back and posted within 24 hours. ^^

I think you got a winner here Mullet Master.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 12:
October 13th, 1888

Gerald draws his saber and charges the fallen soldier. As he dashes down the hallway, both Adrienne and Wesley bust from their respective doors and are located nearby Lyliss and the fallen soldier. Gerald is unable to get a good swing with his saber, and is worried about hitting Adrienne. He attempts to circle around the melee, but is unable to make good progress because the two combatants are moving around so much.(6)

Adrienne draws forth deep reserves of anger and resentment towards her sister, and quietly opens the door. She picks up the deadliest looking shoe in her arsenal, and darts out of the doorway screaming "Ican'tbelieveyouartryingtoruinmylifeandmyrideontheairship!" and swinging the shoe wildly. She sees Wesley dragging Lyliss on the floor, and courageously tries to get between Lyliss and the fallen soldier. She starts pelting him with her shoe, screaming the whole time. The tall soldier is trying to get away, but Adrienne follows his every move with a swat from a heel. Gerald is trying to squeeze his way to the fallen soldier, but Adrienne just keeps swinging.

There's a gunshot near her, but she doesn't even notice there's now a scarlet plume spreading across the top of her dress(1)

Wesley unlocks the door and dashes back into the hallway after Lyliss. She's on the floor, and the tall soldier has now drawn a revolver and is trying to load it while Adrienne is bashing his legs with her shoe. Wesley grabs Lyliss by the feet, and puts everything he can into pulling her back into the room. She's absolutely limp, so as he jerks her across the floor, she ends up banging her head several times when Wesley starts and stops. By the time Lyliss is safely in Wesley's room, she's seeing stars. (Wesley: 10, Lyliss : 2)

Harker rolls underneath the loud spinning blades of the automaton, and deftly grabs the remote control wires as he returns to his feet. He stands on the wire with one foot, and grabs a length with one of his hands and pulls with all of his might. Now the controller is separate from the automaton. He levels his revolver at the leg of the controller in hopes of disabling him, and fires. The controller hits the ground, apparently shot in the side of the stomach. (9)

Charles holds the controls as steady as possible, hoping for the situation to change below deck. He puts the rudder full starboard to try to counteract the rotation, and he locks it in place with the pull of another brass lever. He looks around the horizon ... among the low storm clouds, he thinks he sees a faint green light. He pulls out his spyglass from it's case and looks. The light is coming from a small dark blob at the bottom edge of a dark cloud, silhouetted by the occasional flash of lighting. He can barely see it, even under heavy magnification.

Four blinks of the green light, one of the red light, then one long orange blink. And then the sequence repeats! It's a ship from Proggrov's fleet!

Charles hurriedly flips on the switch to turn on a mechanical drum relay that will display the Thunderchild's identification. If he can only keep the airship afloat for a little while longer...

Player Status :
Spoiler: Charles(Doomblade187) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lyliss(Skyrunner) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gerald(Nirur Torir) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harker(Riccto) (click to show/hide)
Airship
Spoiler: available stations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Airship Stats (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 09:29:56 pm by Mullet Master »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2012, 06:30:45 pm »

Pretty stars...

Close eyes and pretend the battle's not happening. Listen to what's happening outside. Make sure I still have my handy dandy toolkit.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: The HMS Thunderchild : A Steampunk Airship game! (Turn 12)
« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2012, 06:33:18 pm »

"Good news everybody. I've sighted a ship from our side, and it's signaling us. Just get these boarders off and we should be fine. Be careful."

Signal the ship.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 06:47:28 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2012, 06:47:01 pm »

Adrienne renewed her assault, feeling little, but a a spreading heat in her chest...

Action: Protect Lyliss as we get her to safety!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2012, 06:48:47 pm »

"Get back, we can handle this!"

Try again to cut the tall soldier.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2012, 08:38:53 pm »

Wesley lifted Lyliss on to his table and began to run some cold water into a bowl.  Before locking the door behind Adrienne,"Madam I need you to take these bandages and soak them." He said as he pulled out a syringe and a vial of tetanus toxoid.  As he prepares the booster shot he looks over at Adrienne and spots the plume of blood, and non-nonchalantly says "Then I'll need you to remove your blouse."

Treat Lyliss
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 15, 2012, 08:54:52 pm »

Adrienne looked down. Her shirt was RUINED!

And she was probably badly injured. Oh dear.

"Oh. Well, I'm not shy..."

Sub-Action: Do what the Doctor says-prepare clean bandages, and ahem, remove my blouse so he can look at my wound.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 15, 2012, 09:01:59 pm »

Harkness who is Harkness? I know only Harker.
Harker dropped his new control panel and knocked out the former automaton operator with a swift boot to the side of the head then leveled his firearm at the Tall Soldier in hopes of taking him prisoner.
Raggle Fraggle

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 15, 2012, 09:30:22 pm »

Harkness who is Harkness? I know only Harker.
Harker dropped his new control panel and knocked out the former automaton operator with a swift boot to the side of the head then leveled his firearm at the Tall Soldier in hopes of taking him prisoner.

Sorry. Too much Fallout3 on the brain.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14