Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: The HMS Thunderchild : A Steampunk Airship game! (Turn 18)  (Read 16826 times)

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The HMS Thunderchild : A Steampunk Airship game! (Turn 18)
« on: April 10, 2012, 07:25:01 pm »

This game takes place in a steampunk setting. You are a crew member on the HMS Thunder Child, the latest and greatest airship in Proggrov's fleet. This game draws a lot of inspiration from Guns of Icarus http://musegames.com/games/guns-of-icarus.  The dice rolls are going to be fairly basic, and will realistically play like an RTD.

# of players is limited to six, and will give preference to players that have been in one of my games/RTDs before if several people post for the last slot.

Character Creation :
Choose a name, a class, and starting equipment(Weapon or Other Items)

Spoiler: Classes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weapons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other Items (click to show/hide)

Ship Information/Other useful information:

Salvage: Boards, sheets of metal, springs, gears, canvas... this is the stuff that keeps your ship together. Making any modifications or structural repairs to your ship costs salvage. Remember, you are on a ship 20,000 ft above the ground that must stay aloft to stay safe. Everything you have is precious.

Compass Heading : Approximate direction of flight, subject to change by evasive maneuvers.
Distance to Destination : Also approximate.
Hull Integrity : This is a number that begins at 50 and goes down by being damaged, and up if reinforced.
Airworthiness : This is a number that begins at 50 and goes down by rigging/balloons being damaged. It is almost impossible to increase this figure once aloft. 
Equipment : There are several pieces of equipment on the ship, which will be determined by the crew. The ship has six slots as well as one master boiler. Think of the master boiler as a power plant.

Spoiler: Available Equipment (click to show/hide)

Artistic Inspirations for this game : Random links about steampunk , airships, and flying things!
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Marketplace/716543

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 08:13:47 pm by Mullet Master »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The HMS Thunderchild : A Steampunk Airship game!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 07:42:17 pm »

Steampunk airship game? In. In-in-in-in-in.
In.

Name: Gerald
Class: Royal Marine
Starting Equipment: A carbine and a saber.

If we're voting for ship equipment, I'm voting for a pair of radial engines, a steam thruster, and three 3-inch bore cannons.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 07:53:39 pm »

Name : Lyliss
Class : Ship's engineer
Starting equipment : toolbox, goggles of clarity.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 07:58:59 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 08:07:41 pm »

I'm in.

Name: Charles
Class: Able Airshipman
Starting Items: Revolver and Spyglass

My vote for the starting ship gear, if we are voting, is two 3-inch cannons and one gatling gun.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 08:19:52 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 08:28:01 pm »

Actually, nevermind! Sorry.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:37:06 pm by kinseti »

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 08:30:55 pm »

Name: Wesley King
Class: Medic
Starting Equipment: Medical Kit
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 08:32:31 pm by King_of_the_weasels »
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 08:32:20 pm »

Name: Adrienne Du'Morne
Class: Diplomatic Envoy
Starting Equipment: Fancy Dress
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 08:37:26 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

For equipment, I vote for a 3 and a 5 instead of two 3s.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 1: A most hurried meeting
October 12th, 1888

The King is looking out the window of his massive wrought iron tower at the storm approaching. As you walk in, several members of the cabinet look up at you, all eager to speak at once. Just as one starts to say something, the King interrupts and says in his deep voice "You are the airship crew then? You have Adrienne with you? " He appraises the group and sees Adrienne and nods at her knowingly.

He's a bald man, very fat, wearing a very fancy black suit. He has on a crown which is shaped like a nest of gears, and they rotate slowly. He walks to the large table and says, "You know our enemies, Sirakis and Notton, have declared war on us. As we speak, they are mobilizing their forces and are headed to our capital city. We have made arrangements for defense - but we will not hold out without help. "

The king opens up a leather bound ledger, and browses a few pages. "The Sultanate of Zervantiss will agree to ally with us in this dreadful war, but we must pay them dearly and pay them immediately. They want our most precious jewels, as well as blueprints for our prototype steam thrusters. I am willing to comply with this demand, but I cannot spare a single airship.  I want you to take all these things to the Sultanate."

One of the advisors, a short man with a long red beard and bald head, pipes up. "Your airship is already in our royal zeppelin workshop. With your order, we will fit it with whatever you choose. And it will be done before the clock strikes midnight, and you will have to leave. I have a form here, you'll need to... " He pushes the form across the table towards the players. 

The red haired man continues after giving you a little bit of time to look at the requisition form. "You'll need to pick your equipment and armanants. The trip to the Sultanate is two days at a good clip, and maybe three if this weather holds. Right now there is a severe storm outside, and your visibility is going to be less than a quarter mile for the remainder of the night"

A raven-haired woman in a dark red dress walks into the room clutching a just-transcribed telegraph. "Forces of Notton have begun to blockade our city, both from sea and air. Multiple medium airships at 20,000 ft, smaller ships at 10,000. A full navy at ground level. By tomorrow morning travel outside of the city will be impossible..."

The King walks up to Adrienne, and hands her the letter. "Here. Here is the letter to the Sultanate. All the goods will be loaded shortly, and you need to choose your equipment. Move with haste, and in five days return with his forces. Go now. "

<<The party needs to finalize loadout>>

Player Status

Spoiler: Charles(Doomblade187) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lyliss(Skyrunner) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gerald(Nirur Torir) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 10:01:36 pm by Mullet Master »

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As the medic, I don't care about the load out.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm changing my vote to a pair of radial engines, a steam thruster, a gatling gun, and two 3-inch bore cannons.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Lyliss is about 1.5 meters tall, has round(overall) yellow hair, has her goggles perched on that hair, and has a simple yellow shirt, and brown cargo pants on. Her yellow toolbox is by her foot, and she has a small bag and a belt around her waist. She raises her hand and pipes up,

"I say we go for a 3 and a 5 bore! I mean, we can bomb buildings an' stuff! It'll be awesome! There's nothing like a good bombing with 5s! Except maybe with 8s. Or 11s. But we don't have those. So 5! And 3! Don't forget the three! Three is a good number, because I say so! For the other stuff..."

She shrugged nonchalantly.

"I don't care much. Maybe two radials, a steam thruster, and ... a gatling gun."

[IS_CHILD]
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 10:59:05 pm by Skyrunner »

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wesley stands at 1.8 Meters (5'10) tall. His chestnut hair is trimmed and parted in a low wave above a full brow.  His grey eyes behind a pair of half moon spectacles. He sports a mustache though it isn't as flamboyant as many men wear, and has a light beard, though most of the cheek is simply 5 o' clock shadow and he keeps his sideburns as such as well, his neck is shaved. His mother would describe him as handsome.  Other's "okay".  He is light of skin.

He is often seen wearing a button up shirt with a two piece vest, the front a rich maroon, the back a deep black.  The shirt is often white.  He wears a plain tie which he tucks under his vest, it is usually black.  He keeps a handkerchief and a pair of white cloth gloves in the vest's left breast pocket.  He wears a black belt, with a copper fastener.  His pants are always slacks and are usually dark earth tones.  He wears socks with his shoes, which are dress.  The socks are made by his mother, they are always argyle.  He also owns a heavy leather medical bag, and a fur-lined coat, which he rarely wears.

He tends to talk like this.

but for the moment he remains quiet.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile

Still one open spot? If there is PUH-LEASE let me hold it while I put up a sheet.
Raggle Fraggle

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still one open spot? If there is PUH-LEASE let me hold it while I put up a sheet.

That spot is now yours Riccto.

Next turn is tomorrow.

So far the loadout is pretty much at the following :
2x Radial Engines
1x Steam Thruster
1x Gatling gun
1x 3" bore cannon

If no tie breaker, I will flip a coin tomorrow before beginning the turn for 1x 3" or 1x 5".
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14