Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: The HMS Thunderchild : A Steampunk Airship game! (Turn 18)  (Read 16847 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The HMS Thunderchild : A Steampunk Airship game! (Turn 8)
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2012, 07:37:10 pm »

Attempt to kill the boarder with my saber before he draws a weapon.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2012, 07:38:01 pm »

"...Well, I suppose that'll work ... if the bad guy doesn't have a helmet on..."

She faltered, then said with uncertain optimism,

"Yes, I'm sure it'll work! Even then!"

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2012, 08:49:09 pm »

Adrienne tried to reply in kind. "That's the spirit! You keep yourself safe, Lyliss. Oh Dreadful business, war.

Assuming we survive, I'll have to invite you to my quarters for cinnamon tea and sweet cakes."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2012, 12:14:39 pm »

((Oi what's this, it looks like there's some sort of bump on your head here let me fix that.))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2012, 06:50:04 pm »

I will have a turn within a day. Next week is going to be a whole lot less busy for me.
I will assure everyone - i strive to finish every game i make

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 9:
October 13th, 1888

Harker and Gerald face off with the solitary invader. Harker fires a single shot at the invader, shooting him in the shoulder. (7). The intruder stumbles backwards and Gerald quickly sweeps with his saber, decapitating his target. (10) The disembodied head rolls around on the deck , trailing blood everywhere.

Charles swings the wheel of the ship to bank away from the steamplane on the starboard side of the airship. The airship pitches at a steep angle, and everyone on board has trouble keeping on their feet (3) Everyone manages to remain uninjured except for Lyliss.
((Random number generator just isn't liking you today!))

Lyliss is pacing from one side of the boiler room to the other when the ship rolls. She tries to steady herself by reaching out with her left hand, but she grabs a hot steam pipe with her hand. She yelps with pain and looks for a bucket of water to stick her hand into.

Adrienne hears a sound of wind in the hallway outside her door, and another sound. It is difficult to make out - is it a thud, or wood splintering? (6)

Wesley thought he heard a sound above him, but Lyliss' wailing drowns out any other noise. (3)

Player Status :
Spoiler: Charles(Doomblade187) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lyliss(Skyrunner) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gerald(Nirur Torir) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harker(Riccto) (click to show/hide)
Airship
Spoiler: available stations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Airship Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 02:59:49 pm by Mullet Master »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The HMS Thunderchild : A Steampunk Airship game! (Turn 9)
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2012, 03:02:21 pm »

Adrienne felt the ship pitch to one side-it was her prospective terror at sliding out of the window that made her grab onto the bed posts for dear life.

After she had collected her wits and her footing-she heard something in the hall, and cracked open the door a bit, holding her shoe in attack position.

"...Hello?" She spoke, in a wavery voice.

Action: Adrienne pokes her head out the door to see what's up
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 03:04:46 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2012, 03:31:00 pm »

Wesley heard the yelp and quickly made his way to the minor engineer.  Her hand was seriously burnt and he knew he had to do something.  He needed bandages and cold water to dip them in, he knew he wouldn't find either in this place, he needed to get back to his infirmary.

"I can help you but we need to get to my infirmary, can you run there with me? Do I need to carry you?"

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2012, 04:20:44 pm »

Through the pipes: "I apologize for any turbulence! Just keep an eye out for boarders! ... Sorry about that Lyliss. ... Wesley, watch for boarders!"

Take evasive manuvers to avoid the steamplanes' guns, and watch to see where they're headed to avoid boarders. Maintain general course.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 04:23:44 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2012, 01:43:37 am »

((4th page really? I'm ashamed. Bump of shame))

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2012, 05:14:34 am »

Man the rear gattling gun again!
Raggle Fraggle

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2012, 05:22:29 am »

"Such a small force .. I don't like it, must have been a diversion."

Return to the front cannon.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2012, 12:47:30 pm »

((1. There are still boarders.  2. The gatling gun isn't in the rear, it's on the bottom of the ship   but much more old fashioned and with a gatling gun instead of two 50cals.))

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2012, 03:53:39 pm »

This is pretty interesting. Posting to watch.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 10:
October 13th, 1888

((King_of_the_weasels is correct about the Gatling turret))

Adrienne tiptoes to her doorway, and very , very gingerly cracks open the door. She hears clearly - first there's a whirr, and then she hears a slight hiss. Steam? She thinks to herself, "Steam? No, that's not everything..." Her eyes widen as she sees the real source of the noise. An automaton. It is a sphere of cast iron with a port in the center, facing forwards. The port emits a hellish orange glow, it's clearly a power source of some kind. The automaton moves forwards on for spindly legs, and for "arms" it has two stout looking girders with slowly rotating circular saw blades. The machine is moving slowly down the hallway, the orange port glaring against the black sky outside.

Adrienne shuts the door.

Spoiler: Automatons (click to show/hide)

Gerald resumes his post at the front gun, loading it and scanning the horizon. Nothing but dark clouds, but at least the rain is starting to let up. Or the ship is getting to be above the rain. Either way, it's a relief. He holds his hands over the heating vent and positions himself in a ball to preserve warmth.

Harker holsters his revolver, and starts walking downstairs. As he turns the corner he sees the automaton lumbering down the hallway, and two soldiers of Notton are  following it. One particularly tall soldier is carrying a brass blunderbuss with a long bayonet on front. The other is holding an ornate, polished brass box with a bundle of wires connecting it to the Automaton. There's also a hole in the wall....

Lyliss is still in a state of shock, so Wesley decides that it is best not move her. His medical supplies are all upstairs, and without the right spirit oil he stands no chance of easing her pain. He opens the boiler room door, and starts to head upstairs. As he reaches the top of the staircase, he hears a deafening blast. A section of the wall near him explodes in a cloud of splinters, so Wesley ducks down and starts heading back down the stairs. Did someone just try to shoot at him, or is the ship being shot at?

Charles notices the speed dropping as he tries to right the ship's course. His mind races, and he pours over the many gauges and levers on the bridge. What in the world could be wrong? He's made a few mistakes today, but he's certain this isn't his fault.

Player Status :
Spoiler: Charles(Doomblade187) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lyliss(Skyrunner) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gerald(Nirur Torir) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harker(Riccto) (click to show/hide)
Airship
Spoiler: available stations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Airship Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 07:45:29 pm by Mullet Master »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14