Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: The HMS Thunderchild : A Steampunk Airship game! (Turn 18)  (Read 16844 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: The HMS Thunderchild : A Steampunk Airship game! (Turn 10)
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2012, 07:56:19 pm »

"I have a question for you all. Does anyone notice anything wrong with the ship? I know I've made my fair share of mistakes today, but our speed suddenly started dropping and I'm sure it's not me."

Maintain course, stay high up, and keep on the lookout for enemy ships and planes.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2012, 08:28:54 pm »

Adrienne pressed up against the wall, her beating like a timpani drum. She pressed the button to communicate with the deck, and spoke as quietly as she could.

"Uh...there's some sort of machine here, cutting into the ship...a spider, with saw blades for arms...help me! Please..."

The last part came out as a sob. The poor diplomat wasn't exactly a coward-but all she had was a shoe to defend herself with.

With that, she tiptoed across the room and hid herself in the closet, closing the meager shutter-not that it would have kept that thing out for more than second...

Action: Hide in the closet, Pray to Cog (silently)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2012, 09:35:39 pm »

Try to get to my infirmary, wait until muscle shows up.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2012, 10:50:42 pm »

Harker redrew his trusty revolver to pop a cap
in a well aimed fashion at the Tall soldier.
Raggle Fraggle

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2012, 11:45:36 am »

Remain at the cannon until I hear gunshots, then investigate.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2012, 01:24:26 pm »

Go find Adrienne since she's scared.

"No, I need to go find Adrien! " she replies to Wesley before running off.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 09:19:10 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2012, 01:29:39 pm »

@Sky: Hmm, Lyliss is fairly wounded right now. And, I'm not sure Adrienne would have called the engine room this time, for fear of something like this happening.

:P

Still, if that's your action, I amend my own to have put in the call ship wide.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2012, 01:34:17 pm »

Well, first of all, a single burn to a hand won't deter someone from going to help. I don't think a second-degree burn is life-threatening, either, and anyways I'm not just sitting there and doing lothing like I realistically would :|

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2012, 01:44:34 pm »

Alright!

And if that was directed at me, I'm only staying put because I don't have a weapon. Except a shoe. Adrienne will need a sword or something to take a level in badass. :P

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2012, 01:47:37 pm »

Whu? No, it was me of course. I skipped last turn because I had nothing to do. >.>

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2012, 03:31:46 pm »

Whu? No, it was me of course. I skipped last turn because I had nothing to do. >.>

((*turns his head to the side and cocks his eyebrow* I spoke.. directly to you and asked you a question..))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2012, 09:19:43 pm »

((Whoops, musta missed that. Retro-edited an answer in above post...))

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2012, 04:22:28 pm »

This game is on break until 5/14. My RL work schedule is simply too exhausting and chaotic at the time to write creatively.

Thanks.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 11:
October 13th, 1888

Adrienne sits in her closet, sobbing softly. She knows this is the end - the automaton is going to turn her into a pile of grisly pieces. Why, there won't even be enough of her for a fancy funeral! She hears a single bash on her door frame and almost faints. (3)

Harker draws his revolver, and fires a shot into the tall soldier. The bullet hits in the leg, causing the soldier to fall forward. As he does, the blunderbuss fires and pellets ping harmlessly off the automaton directly in front of him. (7) The other soldier uses his controller to turn the automaton towards harker, and he positions himself to be behind the automaton.

Lyliss kicks free of Wesley's grasp and runs for Adrienne's room, seemingly oblivious of the automaton flailing wildly in the hallway near her. She charges Adrienne's door with her shoulder and hits hard enough to make the frame jar but not hard enough to unlock the door. As she reels backwards, the fallen tall soldier sweeps his blunderbus at Lyliss' legs in an attempt to trip her. Lyliss is knocked off her feet and onto her back. (6)

Wesley uses Lyliss' charge as a way to dash past the tall guard and take refuge into his infirmary. He locks the door behind him and immediately glances out the window... He sees a steamplane, dangerously close to the ship. It may even be attached... (8)

Gerald hears the gunshots and runs downstairs. He pops into the hallway and sees the automaton tearing large chunks out of the wall as at it advances quickly towards Harkness. Lyliss is crawling around, and there's another Notton soldier on the ground near her, swatting with the butt of his rifle.
People are positioned approximately as below :
Code: [Select]

Harkness ------- Automaton ------ A. Controller                     Lyliss(prone) ----------   Gerald
                                                            -----------Tall Soldier(prone)

Charles looks at his instruments, and double checks. The ship has started to spiral downwards, and no matter what he does, there's just no getting control of the ship. Maybe something can be done with the buoyancy valves, or maybe there's something else wrong. Either way, there's no solution to this problem on the bridge. He'll have to go into the rigging or down below decks to find Lyliss. 

Player Status :
Spoiler: Charles(Doomblade187) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lyliss(Skyrunner) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gerald(Nirur Torir) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harker(Riccto) (click to show/hide)
Airship
Spoiler: available stations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Airship Stats (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The HMS Thunderchild : A Steampunk Airship game! (Turn 11)
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2012, 06:58:23 pm »

Give a yell and charge down the tall soldier with my sword, attempting to get between him and Lyliss as I do so.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14