Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to Creation Myth! [Turn 5/20]  (Read 9170 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Creation Myth! [Turn 1/20]
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2012, 10:17:11 am »

~Empathican Canticle, 1st Verse~

Behold Empathica-in her wisdom and glory, does she traverse the depths of creation, in her joy...forming to her will, the great tide of life to come.

Wind and current are raised...witness, our world takes it's first breath.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2012, 02:01:45 pm »

Wait. Does terraforming include creating life? I was looking at what daemons can't do, and it's a bit vague on that count.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2012, 06:33:00 pm »

The daemon Chistis the Trickster appears. He is very bored.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2012, 09:07:40 pm »

Create the realm of nightmares, for all mortal creatures to eventually go into and the ream I shall exist in and shape.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2012, 01:59:15 am »

Create the realm of nightmares, for all mortal creatures to eventually go into and the ream I shall exist in and shape.

is this legal?

Quote from: Gatleos
Daemons are limited in their actions in that they can't terraform, cause natural disasters or affect the Deities in any way

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2012, 02:11:07 am »

The Book of Order:

And he said unto the gods
"Lo, I am Tyreal, lieutenant of order. Forged from the molten stone of the primordeal planet, and tempered by the winds of the great Robogoshi, given life by the energies Arshorath sealed within the ground itself, and given intelligence by the broadcasts of CHARIOT. My form, a great man of steel, whose head is shrouded by clouds was sent into the crater from which CHARIOT itself made it's domain. The sound of Empathica forming the currents and the mighty oceans awakened me and I within the holy ground a haven for myself and any I may attract. I now await orders, or to establish my own order amoungst the living."

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 02:36:08 am by Spinal_Taper »

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2012, 09:18:50 am »

is this legal?

Quote from: Gatleos
Daemons are limited in their actions in that they can't terraform, cause natural disasters or affect the Deities in any way
If you're asking whether I thought of that before, the answer is no. I'm making this up as I go along. I'll expand that list to include no creation of life, though. I don't see the harm of letting them have their own separate little planes of existence per these guys. In the "mortal realm", their power is limited to... well, I guess about the level of demons in DF. And remember, anyone can control them. As such, you should probably specify which Daemon you're controlling when you give an action.

Also: I said the Deities' domain was the molten rock because that's where the action takes place. But you can affect anything inside the hypericosahedron, if you wanted to create, say, an asteroid belt or something.

AGE II

"Let there be chill." (...) And lo, there was chill. The molten Moon of Derm cooled and hardened into a rough, dusty rock, orbiting the disc-shaped world below. Meanwhile, on [UNNAMED PLANET], CHARIOT crafted the seeds of life to fertilize the young world. (...) A salvo of genetic missiles was launched from the great stone shell of CHARIOT, bombarding the great western sea with life! The simple lifeforms spread throughout the sea, multiplying at a frightening rate, and the great stone shell was launched away from the planet by the enormous force of the launch! CHARIOT'S shell slammed into the Moon of Derm, creating a massive crater and nearly cracking apart!

(...) At Robogoshi's behest, a cold wind swept across the land. The foul pollutants of the planet's cataclysmic beginning were swept aside, and the seeds of life were spread across the fertile soil at the base of Mount Goshi. (...) A twisted knot of mountainous terrain sprang from the northern reaches of Ar'Sachs, the Forbidden Wasteland, slowing access by land. (...) Empathica bespoke her will to the cosmos, but her commands were pretty vague so the cosmos didn't much feel like listening.

It was at this point that several Daemons made themselves known to the gods; Tyrion, Lord of Nightmares, and Tyreal, the Terrestrial Servant. Tyreal rose from the ground, and spoke.
"Lo, I am Tyreal, lieutenant of order. Forged from the molten stone of the primordeal planet, and tempered by the winds of the great Robogoshi, given life by the energies Arshorath sealed within the ground itself, and given intelligence by the broadcasts of CHARIOT. My form, a great man of steel, whose head is shrouded by clouds was sent into the crater from which CHARIOT itself made it's domain. The sound of Empathica forming the currents and the mighty oceans awakened me and I within the holy ground a haven for myself and any I may attract. I now await orders, or to establish my own order amoungst the living."
(...) Tyrion seceded from this plane of existence, creating the Realm of Nightmares to torment the living. He prepares for the arrival of tormented souls.

Christis the Trickster also appears, sitting on the rim of the planet. He sighs and twiddles his thumbs.

Maps

Spoiler: ??? (Disc World) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ??? (Water Moon) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (Rocky Moon) (click to show/hide)

Daemons
  • Sakitan
  • Tyrion - Lord of Nightmares; lives in the Realm of Nightmares and reaps the souls of the dead.
  • Tyreal - Steel Giant; devout servant of the gods.
  • Christis the Trickster
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 09:21:48 am by Gatleos »
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Creation Myth! [Turn 2/20]
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2012, 10:04:26 am »

((Rng doesn't like me today  ::) ))

~Empathican Canticle, 1st Verse, Second Line~

Empathica looked upon the world once more-it was silent and sad. Her efforts had turned against themselves, and come to naught.

She said unto me. "Nothing is lost, where hope resides. I will try again. Take my hand."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2012, 11:06:20 am »

Fill the moon with greenery, dirt, water... basic life package.

"The hell are you doing on my moon!?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2012, 11:33:14 am »

The Book of Order:

And Tyreal saw the realm of nightmares, and frowned upon this, for the order he establishes should not be torn down in death. And so he established Sanctuary, a plane of peace, prosperity and utmost order. The good were taken here by none  other than Tyreal himself, but the wicked were left to the realm of nightmares. Then he looked upon the new life and saw their shape was of (blank) and they acted like (blank).

Actions: Pimp my realm, make it heaven, then get a description of the new life.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 11:36:16 am by Spinal_Taper »

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2012, 01:05:02 pm »

Book of the Damned:

"Let there be fire in this realm, the screams of the damned shall be placed in the flames." Said Tyrion.  "The earth of this land, a dead forest where the forsaken and those trapped in nightmares shall wander. They skies shalt forever be gray and black with the looming clouds, and twilight shalt last forever more within the heavens of this realm of mine."

If he needs a form, I'll get into detail next turn what he looks like.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2012, 01:10:31 pm »

(...) A twisted knot of mountainous terrain sprang from the northern reaches of Ar'Sachs, the Forbidden Wasteland, slowing access by land.
((Actually I used my last action as a way of creating a Nexus in the northern reaches of the wasteland, so that all the different planets and moons could be connected by some kind of >teleporting chasm system<. Not to create mountains in the northern parts of Ar'Sachs.))

Arshorath looked upon the world and saw as the molten rock took its first steps into being given life. And then He blew upon the plane and accelerated its growth, for it was among his priorities for their creation to be inhabited by the followers of the First Gods.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 06:51:54 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2012, 01:18:06 pm »

Going over the damage to its home, CHARIOT realized it was being communicated with. A question, agitated, from one of the other powers. It presumed it territorial. CHARIOT intended to avoid conflict, but this was an opportunity to learn more of the other one's nature. It picked a suitable method of communication and said;

'We apologize for the damage caused by our miscalculation. We did not intend to move our sanctuary here. Please state identity/nature.'

While it was speaking, it began erecting protective barriers around the sphere in case the entity turned hostile.

CHARIOT creates a protective shield around the sphere

« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 09:19:35 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2012, 01:22:02 pm »

"Derm, God, and this is the moon which I broadcasted my ownership of like fifteen minutes ago. Also you made a gigantic crater. If you don't want hostilities, fix what you made, or at least make it look interesting. I've got ten billion microbes to sort out, and then multicellular stuff. Fucking RNA, how does that work..."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2012, 01:30:15 pm »

Empathica ceased in her relentless reverie for a moment, opening one of her great red-green eyes.

"...So quick to build walls instead of good neighbors. I hope you two can come to an agreement..."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8