Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to Creation Myth! [Turn 5/20]  (Read 9154 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Roll to Creation Myth! [Turn 5/20]
« on: April 04, 2012, 06:47:40 am »

Let's create a universe!

This is a heavily experimental RtD, using an unpolished system that I only came up with yesterday. I have no idea where this will go, this is mainly a test run of the system to use as an example for future development.

In this RtD you will be playing as gods, shaping the world as you see fit. We will start with the formation of the universe, then the creation of landmasses, life and civilizations. We'll be using standard d6 rules to determine the results of players' actions, and that's about it. The system is very open right now, and since you'll be playing gods there won't be any stats to speak of. There will only be five player spots, and no waitlist.

There's really not much to explain in the OP, so sign up now! All you need for now is a name for your deity. Further instructions will come after the slots are filled.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 04:35:33 pm by Gatleos »
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Creation Myth! [Turn 0/20]
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 06:48:16 am »

Deity Name: Robogoshi.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 06:49:29 am »

In!

As the posthuman superintelligence CHARIOT, arriving from one dimension to kickstart another.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 06:50:03 am »

Derm. (Originality) Lets do this!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 06:52:31 am »

Well, experimental is always fun. :P

Deity Name: Empathica
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 06:53:52 am »

Name: Arshorath
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 07:21:25 am »

Name: Draiotch

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 07:25:07 am »

Normally I'd put you on the waitlist Sinpwn, but we don't have one. Sorry.

Alright, here's a rundown of how this is gonna play out. The five players who have signed up are Deities, who have (near) universal power at their disposal. Each turn they each give me an action to perform on the planet(s), and I roll a d6 to determine the result. Deities can terraform the land to create mountains, tundra, lakes, deserts, rivers, etc. They can also create life, influence mortals, cause natural disasters and plagues, create avatars of their power, accrue praise and worship, and pretty much anything else Godly.

Pretty much anything a God did according to a religious text or tradition is fair game. This means you can also fight amongst each other if you wish, playing out inter-deity conflict similar to Greek mythology. The rules are loose, and players' actions will probably mesh in unexpected ways.

But that's not all! The game isn't limited solely to those who are playing deities. There will also be lesser gods, or Daemons. Daemons are simply immortal beings without the benefit of near-limitless power, like guardian spirits and the like. Anyone can suggest an action for a Daemon, and they can be good or bad. At any time someone may create a Daemon by giving them a name and possibly a description, and from that point forward anyone can control them.

Daemons are limited in their actions in that they can't terraform, cause natural disasters or affect the Deities in any way. Anything below that is possible.

Before the first turn can begin, I need all of the Deity players to post an object. It can be anything you want; an animal, a household object, a terrain feature like a mountain or an ocean, a substance like molten magma or Nickelodeon gak, anything. Come to think of it, I probably should have just put that on the character sheet. I told you this was unpolished!
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 07:29:53 am »

CHARIOT lays forth a gear, that glorious symbol of technology and progress.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 07:32:35 am »

Robogoshi lays forth a monstrous polar bear, King of the North.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 07:33:35 am »

Arshorath lays forth a Black Dragon, symbol of strength and of the darkness within.

Edit: Not very original...But I like dragons. And black. Win/win.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 07:34:18 am »

(dangit! I'm always late for these kind of things..)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 07:35:28 am »

In-

W-...

Timezones!  >:(

Waitlist

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 07:38:17 am »

In-

W-...

Timezones!  >:(

Waitlist

Quoted so everyone can see your reading comprehension failure!

:P
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 07:39:38 am »

Derm lays forth the Hypericosahedron! One really complicated fourth dimensional shape!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8