Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to Creation Myth! [Turn 5/20]  (Read 9164 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Creation Myth! [Turn 0/20]
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2012, 12:07:10 pm »

Derm looked upon the ball of rock floading lazily. He saw that it looked isolated, the only one of it's kind. He rent the ball in a vast unequal split, and shaped them both into spheres, still yet molten. He proclaimed "Look now upon this creation of mine, this moon shall be my domain, and mine only. All who would look upon it would feel my presence."

Create the Moon of Derm.

I would prefer we just stick to the one planet (Excepting the moon), really.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 12:11:17 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2012, 12:23:08 pm »

Curses. Far too late.

I have to say though, I'm liking the "Come on dude expand the waitlist so we can get in" attitude a few of us have had towards the deities. Proof of concept for Roll To Let Out Just Enough Demons To Give You Power But Not Enough To Eat You And All That You Love? :D
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2012, 01:01:32 pm »

Curses. Far too late.

I have to say though, I'm liking the "Come on dude expand the waitlist so we can get in" attitude a few of us have had towards the deities. Proof of concept for Roll To Let Out Just Enough Demons To Give You Power But Not Enough To Eat You And All That You Love? :D

Agreed. If not only for hope purposes then anything else.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2012, 01:25:23 pm »

Demons are fine I guess, but the concept of a waitlist doesn't really mean anything here. What, are you waiting for the immortal beings to die? Even if someone did get destroyed because everyone ganged upon them, the RtD's only running for 20 turns. Not much time for the waitlist to go anywhere in any case.

Going into "Roll to Alter Someone's Life The World" territory with an evil team could be interesting though.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2012, 01:27:07 pm »

In that case. . . . . . Sakitan. if you allow.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2012, 01:34:36 pm »

((The main problem about that is simply because...The Gods do not need to be good. Assembling an "evil" team makes no sense when you do not have a grasp of the current Gods' intentions.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2012, 02:10:11 pm »

Arshorath watched the entropy seeping into the new world and perceived possible uses for it in the future. Its absence would mean stagnancy, and he was a firm believer in the importance of Chaos, but leaving it unrestrained could easily tear the new planet asunder, and so the God took the extreme south and a small part of the center of the molten rock.
Most of the extreme south was transformed into a hellish landscape of dark soil, protruding spikes, underground tunnels and gaping chasms; a harsh environment to where the God diverted the flux of entropy, while the other part was transformed into a large swath of neutral land above the oceans.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 02:56:05 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2012, 02:45:02 pm »

CHARIOT considered what it was seeing. It had great power, even greater than in where it had come from. This power would need to be put to good use. But there were other powers at work here. It could not gauge their minds and intentions. It was best not to interfere with them yet. But there was a chance the others would be hostile - it would need a stronghold for now.

Moving quickly, CHARIOT laid his influence upon the surface of the new world, closing its will around the solid rock beneath the soft plains. With a  burst of energy, it pulled and struck at the rock, again, and again, until it was perfectly smooth and round. Then it drew it high, placing it in orbit of the plain-world, and surged inside.

CHARIOT creates a hollow stone sphere to act as its home, ripping open a section of the plains in process.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2012, 08:06:54 pm »

Posting to watch and demon.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2012, 08:17:20 pm »

If your still taking daemons, Tyrion, lord of nightmares (if demons can have specialties)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2012, 07:22:56 am »

Don't worry, I'm gonna ease up on the scripture prose. Starting now, anyone can create new Daemons or command the ones listed below.

AGE I

The first to come was Derm. He descended on the glowing ball of magma and mightily tore a chunk from it, hanging it in the sky. He proclaimed "Look now upon this creation of mine, this moon shall be my domain, and mine only. All who would look upon it would feel my presence." Robogoshi appeared next and embraced the larger ball of molten rock, His cold hands cooling it rapidly. He shaped it into a disc, an endless frozen plain of ice. And then, with a great downward swing, He plunged a great, flaming rock into the frozen waste! The ice cracked apart and melted, and a great plume of steam erupted from the chilly island as the rock sank into the ground. It was Mt. Goshi, the enormous volcano that ruled over the floating island! A hot spring beneath the volcano spread scalding rivers over the landmass, and the seas thawed. The endless flow of water trickled off the island every which way.

Empathica saw the new world and swiped a massive sphere of water from its surface, lowering the sea level and exposing the lower layers of ice on the surface. She then tore several chunks of land from the surface and placed them on the sphere of water, and hung it in the sky. It began to orbit the island, casting a shifting, watery shadow on the surface. Arshorath swiped at the floating continent and tore the southern land asunder, exposing the hard stone underneath. He fashioned it into a great wasteland, a mass of twisted rock formations and vast plains of hard stone.

At last CHARIOT materialized, and examined this new world. Wary of the other beings manipulating its surface, It tore a vast stone from the island and fashioned it into a spherical fortress. The sphere began to circle the island in low orbit, watching over the land below.

Maps

Spoiler: ??? (Disc World) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ??? (Water Moon) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (Molten Moon) (click to show/hide)

Daemons
  • Sakitan
  • Tyrion - Lord of Nightmares
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Creation Myth! [Turn 1/20]
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2012, 07:26:16 am »

Derm looked upon his creation, and said "Let there be chill."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2012, 07:35:50 am »

CHARIOT was fast at work. Digging into the walls of his fortress, it drew into millenia of racial memory, fashioning accelerator systems, protective cocoons, short-lived cryogenics and simple, grinding mechanisms. Smooth holes were bored through the surface of the sphere, and the seed cocoons placed within. Scarcely able to contain its excitement, CHARIOT aimed the sphere at the lands below, filled the cocoons with precius, wonderful life, and fired.

CHARIOT attempts to create cylinders containing simple lifeforms in its sphere and shoot them into the seas of the Disc World.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2012, 08:14:05 am »

And lo; for Robogoshi created the cold wind, which circled the lands and refreshed the air, cleansing it of foul miasmas and bearing upon it the seeds of life.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2012, 08:45:05 am »

Arshorath looked upon his creation and he named it "Ar'sachs", the Forbidden wastelands. He watched as the Gods split the creation, and shaped the northern reaches of the wastelands into a sactum of twisted rock, born to establish a link between the different worlds.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8