Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to Creation Myth! [Turn 5/20]  (Read 9167 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Creation Myth! [Turn 0/20]
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 07:44:34 am »

In-

W-...

Timezones!  >:(

Waitlist

Quoted so everyone can see your reading comprehension failure!

:P

I am blind. There is no waitlist. (Not editing out any of my mistakes, for the record.)

One of ye Gods, make the waitlist! :P

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 08:25:40 am »

Empathica wonders for an endless moment...

In time, she lays down a Ruby Gemstone-symbolic of the heart, and all it's beautiful intricacies.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 09:37:52 am »

IN THE BEGINNING...

In a time which for the purpose of mortal comprehension must be referred to as predating existence itself, two primordial forces waged conflict in the void of infinite light. They were Space, the Boundless Black Dragon, and Time, the Ageless White Polar Bear. Their conflict knew no beginning nor end, and spanned the length of infinity. But neither could exist without the other.

At last, Space grew weary of the eternal struggle and wrapped His great wings about the void of infinite light. He squeezed it down with all his might, reducing it to a finite size and turning the formless infinity into a finite Space. Time would not be bested, and in retaliation He set about existence itself with His great claws. He tore the infinitesimally small moment of existence apart, stretching it into an eternity, and created Time.

In creating Time and Space, the two primordial beings had worked together to create Chaos. The finite ball of light that Space had squeezed down began to leak light in every direction, and the infinite void of chaos that now surrounded it began to seep entropy inward. The primordials saw this, and went about defending their new creation. Time changed Himself into a vast Hypericosahedron, surrounding the ball of light to protect it from the entropy. Space changed Himself into a shining Ruby and surrounded the ball, containing the blistering light of creation within.

With the last ounce of their strength, the two primordials constructed a battlefield. Space shone a ray of creative light from within the Ruby to create a molten rock in the center of the Hypericosahedron and bind it in space. Time created an enormous Gear and attached it to the Ruby, revolving it about the molten rock. Their war would go on in this new realm of existence they had created; entropy would find its way inward through the non-euclidean maze of the Hypericosahedron, and creative light would shine outward through the cracks of the Ruby. These forces would shape the new universe in their constant struggle.

Now begins the time of the gods.

tl;dr
There's a reality-warping hypericosahedron keeping entropy out, and a ruby inside it keeping creative light in. The hypericosahedron is for all intents and purposes the boundary of the universe, and the ruby is the sun. The ruby is attached to a moving gear, which revolves it around a ball of molten rock created by the ruby.

That ball of molten rock is your domain, and you may shape it into anything you want. For the first turn only, all actions will auto-succeed. Begin!
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 09:48:31 am »

Really, no waitlist? 

Darn. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 09:48:54 am »

Robogoshi moulds the molten rock into an endless plain of snow, ice, and rocky tundra, where cold and wind abound, broken only by torrents of freezing water rushing towards the encircling and limitless stormy ocean. In the middle of the Endless Plain, Robogoshi then drops a rock discarded from his heavenly collection, warmed from within by the steaming blubber of his hunted sea animals: the volcano of Mount Goshi.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 09:55:02 am »

By the way: you can start creating Daemons after the first turn is resolved. Anyone can suggest actions for them except the players.

If you don't know what to do first, follow lawas' lead. The molten rock is what you're manipulating, making it one or more planets.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 10:02:26 am »

Empathica was a thing born of fire-shuddering from the molten ground, a being of energy, warmth and fury...but, it was a good fury-the protective warmth of the sun, not the destroyers grasp. Empathica was, from inception, fundamentally different than anything that existed before. Up till now, there was only the 'He'.

Empathica conceived herself as a 'She'.

If can be said that her first thought-as conceived by mortals at least-was that she gazed under the glory of the newly created world, and was pleased...for a time.

But Empathica was restless. Only a moment-and it came. Emotion...joy, anger, love, pity, hatred, rage, regret...She longed to spread these gifts. But, aside from herself, who else was there? Beside the ever strange beings on the periphery of her newborn senses-whom she would come to know as other Gods, in time. For now...there was nothing but her.

Empathica was lonely, and she subsumed herself in this loneliness-and used it. She would create a world-and fill it with life. Raging, loving, hungry, hating, joyful, boundless life. And all life would rejoice with her-and worship her. And she would not be alone.

Empathica's first construction was her own small world, of medium length from the sun. Just enough so that it would not freeze, and would not burn. She would have to take water from the one who would one day be worshipped as Robogoshi, and did not mind it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 10:04:15 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 10:08:03 am »

Empathica's first construction was her own small world, of medium length from the sun. Just enough so that it would not freeze, and would not burn. She would have to take water from the one who would one day be worshipped as Robogoshi, and did not mind it.
So is that just a planet of water, or land as well? Either works.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 10:29:33 am »

Now that you ask, mostly water, with a bit of islands.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 10:46:21 am »

((So are we really going to create various worlds? I was thinking about only one world, divided in several areas of influence and with a civilization created by each God (maybe with a neutral area), so that when the 20 turns end, we may allow other people to post character sheets and each Godplayer picks one of them to be his plaything. So we would have 5 Godplayers and 5 Chosen players, each being of their respective race.

Example: I create a race of black dragons. Two people post sheets as black dragons and I pick one. The chosen player will do his stuff while I also do my stuff. It may be a use for the setting, having five different species each with a God.
Also, conflicts would be arise, and those are nice.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 10:48:29 am »

I abuse first turn auto-success to sneak into the game as a 6th player. :P

((Kind of disappointed I didn't make the actual cutoff, but I'm hoping to join this at some point later down the line, it looks to be interesting.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2012, 10:57:28 am »

(@Cael: Dunno, if everyone wants to do that, I could go for it. It just seemed to me Gat was taking the first world for himself :P ))

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2012, 11:02:00 am »

(@Cael: Dunno, if everyone wants to do that, I could go for it. It just seemed to me Gat was taking the first world for himself :P ))
You mean lawas, right? I'm just the narrator!

It would probably be more interesting if everyone was working within the same area, but an additional planet couldn't hurt.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2012, 11:08:15 am »

That ball of molten rock is your domain, and you may shape it into anything you want. For the first turn only, all actions will auto-succeed. Begin!
((That is why I thought we would all work on one world. And I think Multiworld'ing will be a Madness, if you catch my grip. Better fiddle with the original molten rock.
Edit: I'm holding back my post until we decide between 'one world' or 'more than one, possibly various worlds'))
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 11:30:29 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2012, 11:54:57 am »

I didn't intend to steal a whole planet, but to stamp the mark of robogoshi upon its northernmost reaches.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8