Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Roll to Creation Myth! [Turn 5/20]  (Read 9151 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Creation Myth! [Turn 3/20]
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2012, 03:30:18 pm »

Arshorath hailed the entity named CHARIOT through suggestion instead of voice, for the God was interested in the technology the former being employed. He made his name known and proposed cooperation for the creation of life. One would help each other in turn: Arshorath would support CHARIOT's next action and vice-versa until they built a lively world.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 03:33:35 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2012, 03:58:06 pm »

Book of the Damned:

"Tyrion looked upon his realm and was pleased. 'If even this realm must have shape, so must I' he thought.  And so he created himself a body, In the form of a human with fangs, twin horns on the opposite sides of his forehead, and armour made out of the night itself.  His skin was white, his hair brown, and his eyes blood red.  He created himself a castle in this realm, made of slade.  He chose those who were most corrupt and dangerous his advisers and his generals, twisting their forms to make them even more dangerous or frightening.  He offered them power, strength, and most of all, riches."
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 04:16:10 pm by empfan »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2012, 08:13:55 pm »

The Book of Order Chapter 3:

Tyreal saw the great Seeker fall, and asked of it's purpose. The Seeker communicated with him in the tongue of the great CHARIOT,and it told him that it was here to nurture life. Upon hearing of the great purpose of the Seeker, he was overjoyed,and digging into the mountains, he forged a home for his chosen, a massive hall of marble and steel.

(Can the Demons corrupt life similarly to how the LOTR Orcs were corrupted from Elves?)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 12:21:26 am by Spinal_Taper »

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2012, 08:37:28 pm »

Chistis grew spiteful and jealous of the gods and daemons and their efforts to achieve their own selfish purposes. What was the point of this all!

He gathered a handful of dirt from the moon of derm, a gust of frozen wind from the peak of Mount Goshi, a draught of Empathica's watery moon, a collection of gears, bolts, sprockets, whozits and whatzits pulled from the mechanical fortress, and a jagged boulder from the wasteland.

With a laughter half mirth half rage, Chistis flung the materials into the abyss, and naught but his envy remained.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2012, 05:16:07 pm »

Chistis grew spiteful and jealous of the gods and daemons and their efforts to achieve their own selfish purposes. What was the point of this all!

He gathered a handful of dirt from the moon of derm, a gust of frozen wind from the peak of Mount Goshi, a draught of Empathica's watery moon, a collection of gears, bolts, sprockets, whozits and whatzits pulled from the mechanical fortress, and a jagged boulder from the wasteland.

With a laughter half mirth half rage, Chistis flung the materials into the abyss, and naught but his envy remained.
"Damn him!" Tyreal declared. "He wasted the whozits and whatzits of our lord Chariot!"

RTD

• Bay Watcher
  • Dedicated to Roll To Dodge
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2012, 09:04:45 pm »

I want to be a Deamon

Name: Lerashac
The dice are waiting...
1 in 6...
One roll can change things around.

Roll To Dodge.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2012, 11:11:50 pm »

The Book of Justice Chapter One
In the struggles between the Powers, a new entity is created... It looks around, and sees conflict. It watches as other entities build their planes... One creates a place of torture. Of Nightmares. The other creates a Sanctuary. The new entity observes this, and decides there must be something in between those. A middle point. It creates the Plane of Judgement. A place for the souls of the untested to prove themselves worthy of Sanctuary... Or Nightmares. The entity also decides it should take a form. And so it does. Brightness erupts from the middle of the Plane of Judgement, taking the shape of a human with wings, one black and one white. It's skin stops shining and becomes pale white. A grey set of armour materializes around the body, but leaving the head and wings uncovered. The head stops changing shapes and becomes a woman's, with long silvery hair and black eyes. Finally, the entity decides to call itself Daenerys.
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2012, 11:12:30 pm »

((I love how all this is going. Gatleos makes great RTDs!))

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2012, 01:13:25 am »

The Book of Justice Chapter One
In the struggles between the Powers, a new entity is created... It looks around, and sees conflict. It watches as other entities build their planes... One creates a place of torture. Of Nightmares. The other creates a Sanctuary. The new entity observes this, and decides there must be something in between those. A middle point. It creates the Plane of Judgement. A place for the souls of the untested to prove themselves worthy of Sanctuary... Or Nightmares. The entity also decides it should take a form. And so it does. Brightness erupts from the middle of the Plane of Judgement, taking the shape of a human with wings, one black and one white. It's skin stops shining and becomes pale white. A grey set of armour materializes around the body, but leaving the head and wings uncovered. The head stops changing shapes and becomes a woman's, with long silvery hair and black eyes. Finally, the entity decides to call itself Daenerys.

And so the SoIaF references keep rolling.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2012, 01:20:45 am »

Until a God decides to go berserk and maim, kill and burn all the daemons. Not me, though.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2012, 07:57:03 pm »

Okay, seriously, someone name the damn planet already! :P
I already let Derm name his, you might as well name the others.

AGE IV

CHARIOT was hard at work in the void, producing a construct called the Shaper to carry out its will. (...) The infantile mechanical serpent sank beneath the waves to pupate and grow. It would need more work to become complete.

(...) And so did Empathica lift life from the seas to the shores, building a kingdom of land-dwelling creatures. They spread across the land, from the frozen wastes into the lush Goshi Jungle. They adapted to the cold influence of Robogoshi's wastes, becoming vicious, furred pack hunters and hardy burrowing foragers. Insect species sprung up across the jungle, filling it with life.

The southern wasteland was devoid of life however, and Arshorath was hard at work piecing his creation together. (...) He created a dam of brown rock to block the cascade of water, hanging over the endless abyss. Robogoshi watched on,  gathering the pieces of the shattered wasteland. Word came on the wind of Arshorath's proposal, and Robogoshi was (...) ENRAGED at the lesser god's insubordination! How dare he try to steal a portion of Robogoshi's domain for himself?! Robogoshi gathered the bits of the sundered wastes of Ar'Sachs, froze them, and arranged them in a row.

The frozen spears of rock rained on the battered continent, slicing it in two and releasing the land of Ar'Sachs from its mother forever. The spears created a vast, impenetrable mountain range at the edge of the disc world, representing Robogoshi's exile of Arshorath, Ar'Sachs, and all who would inhabit it from his domain.

Up on the moon of Derm, its owner carefully considered the cultivation of a variable climate in his lands. (...) In his inexperience as a god, Derm raised the temperature to extreme levels, probably because he thought it would make a volcano or something. As a result, the most arid part of the jungle centered around CHARIOT's crater burst into flame! A wildfire began spreading across the surface of the moon, releasing metric tons of smoke into the air!

(...) Sakitan attempted to spread hatred through the new kingdom of life, but simply gave them all a new lease on life! He considered a career in self-help seminars. (...) Tyrion, the Lord of Nightmares, took a form that probably would be described as thus, and sought the council of the most wicked terrestrial life. Unfortunately, all life at that moment was non-sapient and thus not truly capable of evil. But servants he would have, nonetheless.

Tyrion's hand rose from the depths of the ocean, creating a rift between his realm and the cold depths, and stole from it the denizens of the deep. Fish and mollusks of all kinds were taken, but most precious of all was the serpent he found beneath the waves. CHARIOT's Shaper was stolen and taken back to the Realm of Nightmares, and it and the others were twisted into humanoid form. The twisted sea serpent formerly known as The Shaper became his greatest adviser, and the demons of the underworld came to look like...
Spoiler: THIS (click to show/hide)

(...) Tyreal delved deep within the frozen mountains, and in the deepest chamber of marble he crafted a great hall, the passage to Sanctuary through the terrestrial plane. Only by sea could the hall be reached, and the entrance was ensconced by spires of twisted rock at the mouth of the cave.

At last Daenerys appeared in the formless Plane of Judgment, taking form and preparing to build a place of ordinance for the dead. Also, Chistis kicked some dirt into a pit and some dude named Lerashac walked into the plane of existence and was like "hey".

Maps

Spoiler: ??? (Disc World) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ??? (Water Moon) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (Rocky Moon) (click to show/hide)

Daemons
  • Sakitan
  • Tyrion - Lord of Nightmares; lives in the Realm of Nightmares and reaps the souls of the dead.
  • Daenerys - Sylph of Judgment; lives in the Plane of Judgment and appraises the souls of the dead.
  • Tyreal - King of Sanctuary; steel giant that lives in Sanctuary and guides the souls of the dead.
  • Christis the Trickster
  • Wadæn
  • Lerashac
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Creation Myth! [Turn 4/20]
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2012, 08:03:15 pm »

"FUCK FUCK OH HELL PUT IT OUT PUT IT OUT OH ME WHY DID THAT HAPPEN GODDAMN THERMODYNAMICS aaaaaaaaaaaaaa" Also put the temp back to normal.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2012, 08:19:55 pm »

Wadæn looked around the world, and suddenly a thought came to him:
This round disc-shaped world. 

It needs a name. 

It has a name. 

And it is:

Pratchett

Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2012, 08:50:29 pm »

(Fish people?  Alright then, time to switch to Cthulhu Hell)

Between working on the hell and writing that book, things have been going well for Tyrion.  Fish people for hells denizens?  Fine, in that case...

Gather the army, assign a general, and have the legions of fish people hell invade the water world from below the depths

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2012, 10:05:16 pm »

Daenerys looked around. The Nightmare Lord had amassed some kind of fish-people army. She needed an army as well, to restore balance in case Tyrion, or anyone else for that matter tried to take over any other daemon's realm. The Sylph took a handful of earth and formed it into a two-legged, two-armed and one-headed shape. Then she breathed on her creation, the breath of life. "I shall call your kind... Humans." She then multiplied the creature, and sent them on to the earth. However, she kept the fittest, smartest and strongest with her. Meanwhile, Wadæn spoke, and suggested the disc-world needed a name, and said it should be Pratchett. Daenerys agreed with him.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 05:05:05 am by Lord Allagon »
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8