Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1002 1003 [1004] 1005 1006 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944825 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #15045 on: July 07, 2013, 11:38:35 pm »

((Aaaand caught up. Wow. I missed a lot. Anyway, down to business.))

"How about we start by seeing what medical gear we have left."

Take inventory of what we have left in the infirmary.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15046 on: July 08, 2013, 12:06:05 am »

Actually, now I go back over what's just happened a bit... what happened to my phase armor? I'm sure I was wearing it, but it looks like PW ignored it... which would mean that it would be in pieces now, just like my leg and the bits of me that are missing. Or I have leg and abdomen armor over a no longer intact leg and abdomen.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15047 on: July 08, 2013, 12:17:59 am »

Actually, now I go back over what's just happened a bit... what happened to my phase armor? I'm sure I was wearing it, but it looks like PW ignored it... which would mean that it would be in pieces now, just like my leg and the bits of me that are missing. Or I have leg and abdomen armor over a no longer intact leg and abdomen.))
((All the superpowers that we forget we have... ))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15048 on: July 08, 2013, 12:53:50 am »

((If I recalled from memory correctly, it phases out automatically, it just requires user input to take its user with it. So it should be fine.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15049 on: July 08, 2013, 01:39:25 am »

((If I recalled from memory correctly, it phases out automatically, it just requires user input to take its user with it. So it should be fine.))

((Yeah, but there was a Will roll involved. A failed but not critical roll made it phase but not me. However, it looks like PW didn't do a roll, or at least didn't show one other than my Con roll for slicing the power cables (which I'm somewhat glad I failed, and I do hope I got my hands on the rifle again before the blast - otherwise it might be lost too.)))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15050 on: July 08, 2013, 02:46:28 am »

Check self for damage. If not seriously hurt, go help out Anton in whatever way possible.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #15051 on: July 08, 2013, 07:23:24 am »

Check self for damage. If not seriously hurt, go help out Anton in whatever way possible.
((You know that help is almost universally understood as beat up anyone demonstrating questionable morals now?))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15052 on: July 08, 2013, 01:10:41 pm »

Woops. Hold on, lets do the will roll to see if you can actually use it.

[will:4]

Ah well, Retcon then. You still get bounced around but you aren't actually injured.

"Gravity anomaly still active. Not sure if good or bad...."

Attempt to gain entry to the garage. Going to need its supplies.

You skitter along to the doorway to the garage, past blast shields that have been bent over and torn from the ground. The main entrance to the garage has been flattened inward, revealing the devastated area inside. Many, if not all the vehicles are damaged to some degree and the tools and supplies are scattered everywhere, coating the floors and the walls, some partially melted. Lucas and Gilgamesh are sitting at the end, curled up against the door that leads into base proper.

"Need...some help here...guys....not  gonna be able to stay awake...much longer..."
((I wouldn't say I actually need anyone's help at the moment. Because everyone is outside of the battlesuit, and with my MkI and the Garage both breached, I'm not going to survive long if anybody tries to come in to help. Quite the situation I landed Anton it, heh. :P All those stories about random people falling into the cockpits of giant battle robots never mention anything about the people getting their appendages accidentally chomped off by the doors closing. ^_^))

"Твою бль.. gotta.. f'ckin... concentrate..."

Try that again, or die trying!
[con:4]
You drag the laser across your leg as your vision fades. You can't even feel it as the flesh is burnt closed. You pass out the moment that it's done, but you're pretty damn sure you succeeded.

"Sorry about the mess, Cap'n." You mutter as you slump back in the chair.

Shit... That's a long way down...
Doesn't matter. One of my teammates is in danger. I've got to help her.

Try to find a breached corridor that I could use as an airlock, that allows me to walk to the lab without going through the crater.
Else, if possible, get my jump rockets from the garage and then jump on top of the base. Walk on the base and get to the lab corridor.
Else just walk there through the crater.

Once there, assist Simus any way I can. If the thing from the lab comes anywhere near me, monorazor it. Else just try to get Simus out of there and take her somewhere safe, preferably inside the base, preferably in or near the garage.

Since we had a bit of a reality glitch and now simus isn't damaged anymore, I'll let you decide if you still want to do this.

Since you know, you can't go be the big damn hero and win simus' electric heart.

manually reconnect power to the rest of the base and head up to the command centre, attempt to override the lab, garage and medbay umbilicals whilst rerouting all life support away from the damaged sections.
Afterwards head over to medbay and prepare for two leg replacements and a robogut installation.

You head down to the Life support and power area. You're expecting a long, hard process of rewiring but find something pleasantly surprising. The generator provides power to the base via a cable about the size of your waist that runs into the wall and then, you assume, splits off like capillaries to power what needs power. That large cable is split in two, with a male end on one side and a female plug on the other. Around these plugs are what look like little pistons of some kind, that apparently activated and forcefully pushed the plug out of the socket, physically severing the power. 

All you have to do is plug it back in and suddenly the lights are back on. Well, most of them at least.

To team: "Vich...we might have a problem. I'll pick you up."

Pick up Vich and show him home sector.
((Wait, what? Oh my.))

"Ow. Ooowww. *incomprehensible, progressively louder and more creative stream of vaguely Russian obscenities involving the designers of Battlesuits, their immediate and more distant relatives, and a number of physically impossible or very uncomfortable actions*"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Vich, do you think we could build a makeshift vehicle out of what we have or do we not have the materials?"
"Wait, what?!
First of all, didn't I send you to help with the base repairs? What are you even doing here?
Secondly, we already have a vehicle. It's called an MPV, and you're sitting in it right now.
And thirdly, what would we need it for?"

Lars regards the foggy zone.  "Do we have rope lines?  We could tie one down at the exit and follow it inward until we run out.  That should be far enough to see if we have radio signals pointing back to the base."
"So you want to see if it transmits radio signals. Alright.
Good point. Do we have rope lines? Because then we should probably also take a sample of whatever passes for ground down there, as well as of these "roots".
But instead of tying it down to something, we should just have a person waiting outside. I'm thinking Zephy.

Actually, nevermind. Why don't we send a drone to explore inside a bit first, before going in?"

Check for rope, or something passable for rope.
Also, (how did I not think of it before?) send a drone into the fog to map the sector.

I don't think you grabbed rope or anything approximating that. But drones you can do. You send one in but it comes back almost immediately; it's sensors read that the fog gets thicker, more solid as it progresses, until they suddenly read it as being a physical barrier.

Check the damage within the Lab umbilical, is it swiss cheesed or something somewhat more reparable? Is the Lab even still there?

Well... if anyone needs a part of a leg replaced, we've got one that wouldn't even deplete our stock to use. It's still workable, but the damage to me is too much to be able to use it. Upper leg and lower only, and I'm missing chunks much higher up than that.
The lab umbilical is damaged only where whatever almost hit you -this phase armor is a life saver- punched it's way out. You crawl through the hole in the sealed lab door and look around. There are puncture marks everywhere in the walls, and things scattered all over the floor, but other then that it seems ok. The Vault door is intact and still tightly sealed.

"Guys, it's official. We've been fucked up. Majorly. Medical has been torn in half and the umbilical leading to it is swiss cheese, the garage is inaccessible for now and I don't know the state of the armoury and lab right now. We've got no power up here and there is a massive crater bisecting medical and what looks like the garage.

I think we need to combine some rooms together if we are going to have serviceable rooms, and seal off parts where it's too bad to repair. We might need to combine medical with the barracks or lab and completely vent and seal off the garage, and maybe use the armoury as storage for whatever we salvage out of this mess."

Check the state of the garage and armoury. Help out where needed.
The power comes back on and you flip of your head lamps as the overhead lights flicker back into service. You use ALVIN to check on the Garage and Armory. He tells you that both are damaged, though the armory seems to be worse off from what he can tell.

Considering the garage is missing its right wall, you're pretty sure the armory is FUBAR. You still can't access the garage; the door is bent in such a way that it's impossible to lower, and the armory door's servos don't respond to ALVIN's commands.

"Wait where is the big crystal? Also I have an idea bishop if you can help me... We could use the Iron from the molten sea to patch up some of the smaller holes. Also we can use it to patch cabling... But all of the sample containers have probably been obliterated"

Do whatever bishop says within reason

You hop up and down, ready to work as bishop furrows his brow and looks increasingly depressed.

"Just get on so I can show you."

See how close the MPV can get to the base.
You roll on up toward the rear of the base, but movement is getting tricky. The stone is soft and you've got a hell of a lot of heavy cargo here. You're worried that going around to the front of the base could end up with you getting stuck in the mud, as it were.

Mud that would then harden and solidify later.

((Aaaand caught up. Wow. I missed a lot. Anyway, down to business.))

"How about we start by seeing what medical gear we have left."

Take inventory of what we have left in the infirmary.
Your inventory is depressing, to say the least. There's some meds left, not counting what mesk grabbed, but the prosthetic locker is completely gone. There are a few robotic parts left, apparently not in the locker at the time, but they're far from comprehensive or abundant. You'll need to inventory them later. The Surgery area is intact, as is..some of the recovery area. The morgue is completely undamaged.

Your right arm is completely unresponsive, but other then that you're still mobile and functional. You pull yourself out of the divot you made in the door and walk over to Gilgamesh. You're not sure how you can help anton though. About the best you think you could do is help drag the Battle suit out of the garage an toward the infirmary; but the infirmary is in no shape to be taking patients.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: From Bad to Worse
« Reply #15053 on: July 08, 2013, 01:34:20 pm »

((Does it mean we can access the map now?))

"Well, this thing would have been interesting to explore in a shuttle."

Does the fog mess in any way with radio signals? Did sending a drone help us out with finding that out in any way?
Also, does it mess with sound? Does the sound exists in the mist? Attempt to figure out by throwing rocks and having a drone fly back and forth.

Also, is it possible to command a drone land on the ground in the thicker but passable part of the fog, and then lift off to see if walking there is dangerous and also give us some information about the ground?

To Below: ((Oooh, thanks. I keep forgetting that sound is absent for the majority of the planetoid.))
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 12:14:14 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15054 on: July 08, 2013, 01:39:20 pm »

Lars shrugs. "Well, as long as it doesn't turn into alien sharkmist, we should be okay to proceed in this."

((Does it count as atmosphere?  If not, sound isn't going to be useful.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15055 on: July 08, 2013, 02:14:01 pm »

((Of course the morgue is fine, but the rest of the infirmary is torn apart. Of course. That being said, at least we can still preserve brains. And we have the surgery and recovery area relatively intact, so that's nice.))

"You guys want to start salvaging what's left in the infirmary and moving it into the intact rooms?"

Gather and organize the scattered gear/meds/etc. for easy inventory and transport, and take inventory of what robotic prosthetics we have left.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15056 on: July 08, 2013, 02:29:01 pm »

"Bad news, the armoury is officially out of commission and the doors to the garage and what's left of the armoury are damaged and not opening. Good news, we don't need a fucking armoury in the first place and the garage door is just bent out of shape and should still work if we can bend it back into shape somehow.

I'm thinking that we can completely seal off the armoury passage for good, salvage what's left of the walls and the umbilical leading to it and use those materials to patch up where needed, specifically the lab, some of medical and replacing and sealing the right wall of the garage if possible. It's gonna take some work, but with Lukas and Gilgamesh, we've got the robotic muscle needed for heavy lifting and bending metal into shape, and there should still hopefully be some tools and stuff in the garage we can use.

Lukas, I need you to help bend the garage door back into shape for me and get it as back to normal as you can get it without using tools. It doesn't need to look pretty, it just has to work without damaging the mechanisms.

Michael, I need you to make a complete damage report for me on all the rooms in the base. Make sure not to miss any breaches in the umbilicals either. Once you're done with that, you can help me collect salvage in the garage.

Anyone who's not doing anything, I need you to pile any scrap that you can find outside in neat piles for me to look through later, or to try to fill in that crater a bit while the ground is still molten and soft, at least to try to make the slopes easier to walk on. And don't put the piles anywhere near the damn crater, cause we don't need to climb in and out of the damn thing just to get what we want."

Bishop sighs and bumps his helmet against the wall for a few moments in frustration before straightening.

"I'm going to see what can be salvaged in the garage. Let me know your progress every 2 hours or so. Now get moving. The sooner we get to work, the sooner we can get back to living somewhat comfortably again."

Head around outside into the garage and begin salvaging tools and supplies, then make a list of what vehicles could still work. Make sure the fuel storage tanks aren't leaking first!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15057 on: July 08, 2013, 03:23:11 pm »

"Yes sir."

Head to where the armory used to be on the outside, and examine damage. Pick up any scraps I can carry and put them in front of the garage.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15058 on: July 08, 2013, 05:01:12 pm »

"Goddamn mud."

Find way to base without getting stuck.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15059 on: July 08, 2013, 05:30:45 pm »

"Goddamn mud."

Find way to base without getting stuck.
((You do know that you can leave the MPV outside and come to base on foot, right?
And then bring MPV when the ground solidifies.))

Pages: 1 ... 1002 1003 [1004] 1005 1006 ... 1256