Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1003 1004 [1005] 1006 1007 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944587 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: From Bad to Worse
« Reply #15060 on: July 08, 2013, 06:55:04 pm »

((Actually, I wasn't so interested in saving Simus, I was more interested in killing that strange metalthing before we reconnected the power, but it looks like it's no longer there so...))

If the metalthing is still a danger, find it and destroy it.
Else, just start cleaning and sorting out things in the base, starting from the fridge and working my way outwards.

((Also, I just noticed that whenever I try something heroic or try to help someone, I usually fail. And not only that, my failures tend to be rather unspectacular. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15061 on: July 08, 2013, 06:56:32 pm »

head to the medbay and check to see if life support can be restored to the morgue or surgical bay.

If so, restore life support to those subsections and move the medical equipment as necessary.
If not, move all medical equipment to the barracks.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 08:28:22 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15062 on: July 08, 2013, 07:49:20 pm »

head to the medbay and take inventory of the leftover roboparts, grab a roboleg and place it on the surgical table then go pull whats his face from gilgamesh and bring him to medba[./b]
((Um, don't both the garage and infirmary currently have no atmosphere due to missing walls?))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15063 on: July 08, 2013, 08:14:02 pm »

((Uhhh... maybe?
Guess he will have to wait on that leg.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15064 on: July 08, 2013, 08:16:23 pm »

((See, this is why we need to move the operating theater inside, where we have atmosphere. Shall we?))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15065 on: July 08, 2013, 08:42:10 pm »

((Wonderful! I love that armor.))

Well, the lab has a few holes, but the most damaging is that the main lab door's blast shield has a hole in it, and the umbilical has a hole through it. The phase fluid cannonball is nowhere to be seen. Might have been what went through the blast door.

Exit the complex via Lab umbilical hole and see what's happened to the base as a whole for myself.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15066 on: July 08, 2013, 09:04:19 pm »

"So, we should probably keep an eye out for the weird cannonball thing, right?"

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #15067 on: July 08, 2013, 11:49:33 pm »

"Well that entire area can be written off as screwed" Michael says after going outside to see the damage, "So Garage, med & most of the umbilical are Swiss cheese... The armoury looks fine but is probably badly damaged..." *sigh* "the next few months are going to be long and arduous"
Go outside and mark any breaches that reach the inside of the base with the painted stones from my slingshot-thing
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15068 on: July 09, 2013, 02:12:09 am »

"Goddamn mud."

Find way to base without getting stuck.
((You do know that you can leave the MPV outside and come to base on foot, right?
And then bring MPV when the ground solidifies.))
((And get suck in mud that might harden who knows how fast? Not taking anychances.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15069 on: July 09, 2013, 02:38:20 am »

Lukas opens a comm channel to the rest of the team. "Hey guys, how's everyone doing? Anton is pretty banged up, so it would be wonderful if a medic could make his way to the garage."

Talk to Anton to comfort him and hope that a medic can make it to the garage. Be on the lookout for the metal ball as much as possible.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15070 on: July 09, 2013, 02:47:01 am »

((Tavik: Morul, Bishop, and others don't seem to be having any problems. Tis only because you are in an MPV that you have to worry. Also, with your current action you're totally going to wreck the MPV. I'm calling it. Not only can there simply not be a solid way to the base, you're also entrusting it to your "pathfinding" (intuition?) skills.

Flint: About Flint's heroism, I'd say that it is very much the very thing keeping him alive. I've lost track of the suicidal actions you posted, only for something unspectacular to dash all your attempts at heroism. The one exception was when you riding the Mission 8 elevator, that was awesome.

Also, Doomblade, we can't preserve brains, because we don't have stasis tanks, we've had this discussion before. We do, or did have the equipment to put people in robotic bodies, but that's different.

Speaking of morgue, was anyone else mildly surprised to discover that we have an actual morgue? Because you know, it would've been totally in HMRC/UWM style to say: "Why would we pay for another room when you can just throw them into the gravity seep/Magma sea?"))
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 02:51:08 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15071 on: July 09, 2013, 03:00:25 am »

((I'm not surprised in the least about the morgue, they just sent a prefab base that happened to have a morgue component. Probably didn't even know about the gravity seep or magma sea.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15072 on: July 09, 2013, 03:15:49 am »

"Hey guys, how's everyone doing? Anton is pretty banged up, so it would be wonderful if a medic could make his way to the garage."
"...mark one...breach...garage...atmosphere..."

Mumble words of warning, hopefully through the intercom. Combat the forces of blood loss with astounding feats of regeneration.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15073 on: July 09, 2013, 07:56:34 am »

"Hey guys, how's everyone doing? Anton is pretty banged up, so it would be wonderful if a medic could make his way to the garage."
"...mark one...breach...garage...atmosphere..."

Mumble words of warning, hopefully through the intercom. Combat the forces of blood loss with astounding feats of regeneration.

Lukas brings his head closer to Anton's in order to hear what Anton is trying to say. "...mark one...breach...atmosphere???" - pause - "Oh shit!"

In addition to earlier action (or, if necessary, instead of earlier action) drag Anton to a location that can be locked off from the breach. If that is not possible, try to fix the breach in the garage.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 09:16:14 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15074 on: July 09, 2013, 08:01:58 am »

((I would think that the missing wall would be pretty obvious...))
Pages: 1 ... 1003 1004 [1005] 1006 1007 ... 1256