Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1001 1002 [1003] 1004 1005 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945057 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #15030 on: July 06, 2013, 06:39:39 pm »

manually reconnect power to the rest of the base and head up to the command centre, attempt to override the lab, garage and medbay umbilicals whilst rerouting all life support away from the damaged sections.
Afterwards head over to medbay and prepare for two leg replacements and a robogut installation.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15031 on: July 06, 2013, 09:55:19 pm »

To team: "Vich...we might have a problem. I'll pick you up."

Pick up Vich and show him home sector.
((Wait, what? Oh my.))

"Ow. Ooowww. *incomprehensible, progressively louder and more creative stream of vaguely Russian obscenities involving the designers of Battlesuits, their immediate and more distant relatives, and a number of physically impossible or very uncomfortable actions*"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Vich, do you think we could build a makeshift vehicle out of what we have or do we not have the materials?"
"Wait, what?!
First of all, didn't I send you to help with the base repairs? What are you even doing here?
Secondly, we already have a vehicle. It's called an MPV, and you're sitting in it right now.
And thirdly, what would we need it for?"

Lars regards the foggy zone.  "Do we have rope lines?  We could tie one down at the exit and follow it inward until we run out.  That should be far enough to see if we have radio signals pointing back to the base."
"So you want to see if it transmits radio signals. Alright.
Good point. Do we have rope lines? Because then we should probably also take a sample of whatever passes for ground down there, as well as of these "roots".
But instead of tying it down to something, we should just have a person waiting outside. I'm thinking Zephy.

Actually, nevermind. Why don't we send a drone to explore inside a bit first, before going in?"

Check for rope, or something passable for rope.
Also, (how did I not think of it before?) send a drone into the fog to map the sector.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 10:01:43 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15032 on: July 06, 2013, 11:54:45 pm »

Check the damage within the Lab umbilical, is it swiss cheesed or something somewhat more reparable? Is the Lab even still there?

Well... if anyone needs a part of a leg replaced, we've got one that wouldn't even deplete our stock to use. It's still workable, but the damage to me is too much to be able to use it. Upper leg and lower only, and I'm missing chunks much higher up than that.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15033 on: July 07, 2013, 12:00:19 am »

"Guys, it's official. We've been fucked up. Majorly. Medical has been torn in half and the umbilical leading to it is swiss cheese, the garage is inaccessible for now and I don't know the state of the armoury and lab right now. We've got no power up here and there is a massive crater bisecting medical and what looks like the garage.

I think we need to combine some rooms together if we are going to have serviceable rooms, and seal off parts where it's too bad to repair. We might need to combine medical with the barracks or lab and completely vent and seal off the garage, and maybe use the armoury as storage for whatever we salvage out of this mess."

Check the state of the garage and armoury. Help out where needed.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15034 on: July 07, 2013, 12:35:29 am »

Medical would probably be best off in the lab, they both likely have high-power conduits for all of the equipment. That is, if any of the infirmary equipment survived. And if that thing can be gotten out of the lab.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #15035 on: July 07, 2013, 02:13:17 am »

"Wait where is the big crystal? Also I have an idea bishop if you can help me... We could use the Iron from the molten sea to patch up some of the smaller holes. Also we can use it to patch cabling... But all of the sample containers have probably been obliterated"

Do whatever bishop says within reason
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15036 on: July 07, 2013, 03:38:01 am »

Big crystal's gone, it might very well have vaporized itself. As for the sample containers, they were in the lab, not the infirmary, and they're fairly widely separated, so they're hopefully intact.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15037 on: July 07, 2013, 04:37:07 am »

"Ehh, I doubt that we could use it to patch up cabling. We'll probably just have to cut off and disconnect any cabling to areas that aren't useful anymore and use the cut off bits for patch up jobs. And we'll have to carry that molten iron all the way over here in something, and then remelt it again, which is difficult and tiring to do. We'd be better off trying to salvage some patches and using those, but the molten iron can be a useful back up if we need it."

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15038 on: July 07, 2013, 06:44:00 am »

Big crystal's gone, it might very well have vaporized itself. As for the sample containers, they were in the lab, not the infirmary, and they're fairly widely separated, so they're hopefully intact.
((I thought that they were experimenting with the mini crystal in the lab))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15039 on: July 07, 2013, 07:03:37 am »

((Even then, the samples are in the lab's vault, remember?))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15040 on: July 07, 2013, 07:25:39 am »

((Even then, the samples are in the lab's vault, remember?))
((Oh yeah... So anyone know what exactly happened to the Big Crystal other than dissapearing?))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15041 on: July 07, 2013, 07:33:55 am »

"The home sector is kinda...toasted. That's why I'm asking as of might be a bad idea being in contact with the ground."

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15042 on: July 07, 2013, 10:42:24 am »

"Sure, but why didn't you just dismount then when crossing the border? The suits can certainly take it, if not the MPV.
There was absolutely no need to drive back to just tell me this."
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15043 on: July 07, 2013, 11:56:52 am »

"Just get on so I can show you."

See how close the MPV can get to the base.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15044 on: July 07, 2013, 12:10:34 pm »

"Dude, I am not going back right to the base right now. Even if I wasn't useless in repair, I am still busy exploring this sector!"

((Also, I did actually read Piecewise's reply to you. There really was nothing stopping you from getting off your MPV.))

Pages: 1 ... 1001 1002 [1003] 1004 1005 ... 1256