Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1000 1001 [1002] 1003 1004 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944936 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #15015 on: July 05, 2013, 07:40:18 pm »

Try to use the manual overrides near the infirmary to form a crude airlock. Get out of the base through the hole there and make my way to to Simus through the other hole. If everything seems safe, help her gather her limbs and then take her to the infirmary through the hole. If I see that thing coming anywhere near me, monorazor it.

((Heh. Stupid thing vaporized itself. Hopefully it will stay dead.))

@Simus: "Making my way to you now Simus. Keep your gun ready, that metal thing is probably still alive."

@Everybody: "Anybody want to help me get Simus to the infirmary? Can't leave her alone in there while that metal thing is still alive and active."
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 07:48:41 pm by Parisbre56 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15016 on: July 05, 2013, 07:45:21 pm »

((Nah, I bet PW will have us dealing with Flubber vapor.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15017 on: July 05, 2013, 08:31:39 pm »

inventory check, how many guns did i grab?

Stash my guns in my footlocker and drag it back to the AI core then assess damage to the power sustems, if i can repair them do so.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15018 on: July 05, 2013, 09:08:18 pm »

Lars regards the foggy zone.  "Do we have rope lines?  We could tie one down at the exit and follow it inward until we run out.  That should be far enough to see if we have radio signals pointing back to the base."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15019 on: July 05, 2013, 09:50:43 pm »

"Oh this is bad. Very bad. Where's it gone!"

Toss a rock into the gravity anomaly, then head back to the base and see if there is any way in.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15020 on: July 05, 2013, 10:12:48 pm »

"This is Bishop. The base got messed up, but I cannot assess the damage because the power has been physically cut to the upper floor. We've been sealed inside and I can't access the garage, armoury, infirmary or labs. There is a definite breach in the infirmary though, and we are loosing atmosphere there. I'm going to have a look and then work on restoring power. Anyone outside, if you return then make sure to mark all breaches for me."

Bishop sighs and shakes his head before turning to look at Michael.

"Ok, let's get started. Help me with the infirmary door so I can go through, then shut it behind me until I radio you or bang on the door a few times."

Get Michael to help me with the infirmary door and then head quickly inside to inspect the damage. Find and mark all breaches and see if I can find some shutters or something to seal them off if possible. Then head back out after signalling Michael to help open the door again, and start looking for the power is cut with ALVIN's help.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15021 on: July 05, 2013, 10:30:49 pm »

Bishop, there's a breach in the lab umbilical as well, at least. It's a good thing I don't need air, or I would be dead now.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #15022 on: July 06, 2013, 12:42:02 am »

"Got it" Michael receives a message from simus and reads it "should we rescue Simus?" He pauses for a second "Well we would still need to find and mark leaks... And I've got just the thing"

Use painted stones from rock lobber to mark leaks also set laser rifle to power 5 diffusion 2 for remelting small breaches
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15023 on: July 06, 2013, 11:17:10 am »

To team: "Vich...we might have a problem. I'll pick you up."

Pick up Vich and show him home sector.

((Came back from watching world war Z. It is awesome.))
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 11:58:14 am by Tavik Toth »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15024 on: July 06, 2013, 02:20:25 pm »

((I assume Gilgamesh's cockpit has actually closed on the leg, rather then remaining a little wedged open - which would likely mean Anton would die if the Garage was breached. If it's not completely closed (and thus the leg isn't entirely severed), use the action in the spoiler.))

"Ow. Ooowww. *incomprehensible, progressively louder and more creative stream of vaguely Russian obscenities involving the designers of Battlesuits, their immediate and more distant relatives, and a number of physically impossible or very uncomfortable actions*"

Through a red haze in his eyes, Anton took stock of the situation. Or tried to. The red haze might as well had been a smudge of his blood on the suit's visor, but it felt like whatever remained of his leg, was not going to work again in any foreseeable future. Besides the screaming of his pain receptors, a few thoughts entered Anton's mind, a few of them related to his robotic hands, and some very real possibilities of being unable to leave the Battlesuit for medical aid if the surroundings were unpressurized. Also the bleeding. Well, at least it was something he could fix, although not in a way a sane person would fix bleeding, but he was out of sane options.

Use the Red Hand on low power, or a cutting torch (whichever is easier to use in the circumstances, but preferably the Hand) to cauterize the bleeding and sever any remains of the leg still jammed in the cockpit shutter. Then try to power up the mech and look about the garage through any cameras that could still work. See if the communications are working.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15025 on: July 06, 2013, 03:12:35 pm »

Get upstairs, head lamps on, get to work clearing away rubble and trying to find anyone injured.
You head upstairs and look around. Bishop and Mikey are up and around, wandering, and Flint is pounding on the doors to the lab hall. No one here seems hurt, but then again, half the damn base is sealed off and you're all wandering around in the dark. So for all you know everyone outside is in 3 to 12 pieces and screaming for help.

Nicht schon wieder. What is with my service here and losing limbs?

Quote from: To:All, Re. Simus
I'm all right, though I am lucky to be, one of my legs has been torn off and the damage came close to my braincase. If I could get some assistance in the lab umbilical, it would be appreciated, though you might need to come around from the outside to get to me. In the meantime, I'll try to pull myself back together, literally... again.

Crawl over to the piece that got torn away and see if it's salvageable.

You crawl over to your leg and take a look at it. It seems like it's still functional, or should be, but you're still missing everything from about middle of the upper leg to just about your belly button. So functional, but incomplete

((This has gotten very interesting with you guys trapped inside the base. Hopefully Jack and Morul will be able to help out.))

"Okay, I am honestly lost in how to explore this. I assume that the suits will insulate us against the fog, but the ground... unless someone wants to volunteer to go forward... we should figure out how to explore that zone without being lost."

Map update?

Try to capture a part of the fog in a container without going inside the sector. (I assume it spreads out, or is it contained by something?)
How high is the fog?
Do the tree limbs appear moving in any way?

You attempt to access the map.

>ERROR: DATABASE UNAVAILABLE

Huh.

You swing a container through the fog. It comes off like a chunk of very wispy cotton fluff; solid but weak. You close the container and stow it away.

The fog goes up...for you're not sure how long. It's hard to tell, but it seems to get thinner up higher.

None of the things seem to be moving, at least as far as you can see.

Try to use the manual overrides near the infirmary to form a crude airlock. Get out of the base through the hole there and make my way to to Simus through the other hole. If everything seems safe, help her gather her limbs and then take her to the infirmary through the hole. If I see that thing coming anywhere near me, monorazor it.

((Heh. Stupid thing vaporized itself. Hopefully it will stay dead.))

@Simus: "Making my way to you now Simus. Keep your gun ready, that metal thing is probably still alive."

@Everybody: "Anybody want to help me get Simus to the infirmary? Can't leave her alone in there while that metal thing is still alive and active."

With bishop's help you manage to get out into the infirmary umbilical, or at least whats left of it. Something landed here, maybe a errant droplet of whatever the crystal fired, and carved out a strangely clean crater. The infirmary is half gone, and the garage is damaged as well. The Shuttle, the one you can in, is nowhere to be seen. All replaced by a crater, its center still molten. Getting around to the science lab means traversing that crater; which in turn means, if you're not careful, potentially trapping yourself in its steep walls.

inventory check, how many guns did i grab?

Stash my guns in my footlocker and drag it back to the AI core then assess damage to the power sustems, if i can repair them do so.

You stash your supplies in the chest. You have
        0 gauss magazines and 5 laser rifle batteries left. 
   3 gauss rifles, marked to be non-resellable
   4 laser rifles. marked to be non-resellable
However, moving that chest down the massive ladder to the AI core seems like it would be tricky and potentially fatal. So you don't do that for now. As per the power system, it doesn't sound like damage so much as a safety measure, from how ALVIN talked about severing them himself. If thats the case, it the power and life support area thats gonna hold the answers.

"Oh this is bad. Very bad. Where's it gone!"

Toss a rock into the gravity anomaly, then head back to the base and see if there is any way in.
The area towards the gravity anomaly. especially very near it, is so hot that you're pretty sure it's rock soup at this point. In other words, for now, you can't get close enough to throw a stone. You can see from here, however, that bits of molten stone are being pulled toward the crater, like embers in the wind, so it must still be active.

"This is Bishop. The base got messed up, but I cannot assess the damage because the power has been physically cut to the upper floor. We've been sealed inside and I can't access the garage, armoury, infirmary or labs. There is a definite breach in the infirmary though, and we are loosing atmosphere there. I'm going to have a look and then work on restoring power. Anyone outside, if you return then make sure to mark all breaches for me."

Bishop sighs and shakes his head before turning to look at Michael.

"Ok, let's get started. Help me with the infirmary door so I can go through, then shut it behind me until I radio you or bang on the door a few times."

Get Michael to help me with the infirmary door and then head quickly inside to inspect the damage. Find and mark all breaches and see if I can find some shutters or something to seal them off if possible. Then head back out after signalling Michael to help open the door again, and start looking for the power is cut with ALVIN's help.

The damage to the Umbilical seems to have been caused by debris more then the blast or heat; there are entrance and exit "wounds" so to speak that have turned the umbilical into veritable Swiss cheese. You don't bother to mark anything though. Not when the Infirmary is as it is. You sigh and head back in. ALVIN tells you that the power was cut using mechanical means down on the life support level.

"Got it" Michael receives a message from simus and reads it "should we rescue Simus?" He pauses for a second "Well we would still need to find and mark leaks... And I've got just the thing"

Use painted stones from rock lobber to mark leaks also set laser rifle to power 5 diffusion 2 for remelting small breaches
The areas that are open to you; the CCR, the Barracks and Kitchen are all still sealed and intact, as far as you find. There are a few near misses; places bowed by impact or heat, but no leaks. You make the damage, but it's nothing you can fix with a laser rifle.

To team: "Vich...we might have a problem. I'll pick you up."

Pick up Vich and show him home sector.

((Came back from watching world war Z. It is awesome.))

(It really is. Nice to see fast, communal flesh beasts that move like a force of nature outside of ER.)

You drive back to vich and report on the Home sector's toasting.

((I assume Gilgamesh's cockpit has actually closed on the leg, rather then remaining a little wedged open - which would likely mean Anton would die if the Garage was breached. If it's not completely closed (and thus the leg isn't entirely severed), use the action in the spoiler.))

"Ow. Ooowww. *incomprehensible, progressively louder and more creative stream of vaguely Russian obscenities involving the designers of Battlesuits, their immediate and more distant relatives, and a number of physically impossible or very uncomfortable actions*"

Through a red haze in his eyes, Anton took stock of the situation. Or tried to. The red haze might as well had been a smudge of his blood on the suit's visor, but it felt like whatever remained of his leg, was not going to work again in any foreseeable future. Besides the screaming of his pain receptors, a few thoughts entered Anton's mind, a few of them related to his robotic hands, and some very real possibilities of being unable to leave the Battlesuit for medical aid if the surroundings were unpressurized. Also the bleeding. Well, at least it was something he could fix, although not in a way a sane person would fix bleeding, but he was out of sane options.

Use the Red Hand on low power, or a cutting torch (whichever is easier to use in the circumstances, but preferably the Hand) to cauterize the bleeding and sever any remains of the leg still jammed in the cockpit shutter. Then try to power up the mech and look about the garage through any cameras that could still work. See if the communications are working.

(oh yeah, it snipped your leg off something dandy.)

[Con:2]
[end:2]
You grasp weakly at the stump of your leg, trying to aim at the injury with your hand laser. But your hand doesn't move. You can barely squeeze your fingers around the wound and try not to lose consciousness.

"Need...some help here...guys....not  gonna be able to stay awake...much longer..."

What is currently known of the base:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/80hecj1ur0vssgw/current.png
Red marks damaged or shut off umbilicals.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15026 on: July 06, 2013, 03:17:58 pm »

"Vich, do you think we could build a makeshift vehicle out of what we have or do we not have the materials?"

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15027 on: July 06, 2013, 04:20:27 pm »

"Gravity anomaly still active. Not sure if good or bad...."

Attempt to gain entry to the garage. Going to need its supplies.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15028 on: July 06, 2013, 05:17:00 pm »

"Need...some help here...guys....not  gonna be able to stay awake...much longer..."
((I wouldn't say I actually need anyone's help at the moment. Because everyone is outside of the battlesuit, and with my MkI and the Garage both breached, I'm not going to survive long if anybody tries to come in to help. Quite the situation I landed Anton it, heh. :P All those stories about random people falling into the cockpits of giant battle robots never mention anything about the people getting their appendages accidentally chomped off by the doors closing. ^_^))

"Твою бль.. gotta.. f'ckin... concentrate..."

Try that again, or die trying!
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15029 on: July 06, 2013, 06:03:18 pm »

Shit... That's a long way down...
Doesn't matter. One of my teammates is in danger. I've got to help her.

Try to find a breached corridor that I could use as an airlock, that allows me to walk to the lab without going through the crater.
Else, if possible, get my jump rockets from the garage and then jump on top of the base. Walk on the base and get to the lab corridor.
Else just walk there through the crater.

Once there, assist Simus any way I can. If the thing from the lab comes anywhere near me, monorazor it. Else just try to get Simus out of there and take her somewhere safe, preferably inside the base, preferably in or near the garage.
Pages: 1 ... 1000 1001 [1002] 1003 1004 ... 1256