Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937573 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 104
« Reply #10290 on: December 05, 2012, 04:41:24 pm »

"Strangely the door was already barricaded and welded shut when we got here, so I'm guessing they must have an alternate entrance around here somewhere. We need to find that entrance in order to lock them up."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10291 on: December 05, 2012, 04:55:27 pm »

"Always with the backdoors," Feyri sighed. "And let's also be sure that they're smart enough to take supplies like a ravenous gang of killers, or perhaps people scared for their lives due to what they said, Deeper scum and all.

"I just wish people COULD CURSE AND SWEAR MORE COHERENTLY AND NOT IN CRYPTIC EXPLETIVES so we could actually feel hurt. I think my confidence just got a cut...by confusion."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10292 on: December 05, 2012, 05:06:18 pm »

Feyri, have you even had biology lessons? Liquefactive necrosis is very common in infections, and the lungs, being of soft tissue, are even more vulnerable. And while there is the possibility that this is an anaerobic agent, I believe that, due to the nature of the damage, specific to the lungs, it is both an airborne pathogen and therefore likelier to be an aerobic one.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10293 on: December 05, 2012, 05:13:23 pm »

"I did...once. Back then..." Feyri replied over the comms, hiding being hurt and embarrassed. Why am I not updated...where are the medical books in the Sword?! "Sorry..."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10294 on: December 05, 2012, 05:24:30 pm »

Well, for what you have, you're using it in the best manner possible, being inquisitive. An incorrect guess is better than no guess at all.

As for your earlier statement, if this is a viral pathogen, then bodies would not be effected, viruses don't respond to dead tissue. However, id it is bacterial, fungal, or parasitic, then it is quite possible that it would continue to act in some manner upon the deceased.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10295 on: December 05, 2012, 05:40:08 pm »

"Don't worry about it miss Nirel. Although that guy gal said a bunch of stuff I did not understand I agree that the most important thing you can do in these dark times is to keep using that head of yours. Anyways, I am sure it was just a misunderstanding. I did not mean that his lungs actually exploded. I meant they had heavy bleeding in the lungs."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 06:27:40 pm by Parisbre56 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10296 on: December 05, 2012, 06:10:10 pm »

((Paris... Simus is was female.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10297 on: December 05, 2012, 06:16:37 pm »

Well, for what you have, you're using it in the best manner possible, being inquisitive. An incorrect guess is better than no guess at all.

As for your earlier statement, if this is a viral pathogen, then bodies would not be effected, viruses don't respond to dead tissue. However, id it is bacterial, fungal, or parasitic, then it is quite possible that it would continue to act in some manner upon the deceased.

'After seeing how the corpses in the water purification plant seemed to have died from dehydration rather than malnourishment, I'm starting to think whatever it is might reside in water. Otherwise, why wouldn't those people make use of the literal vast amounts of drinking water surrounding them?
Either way, we probably won't come up with a viable theory without sweeping the lower levels first. Too many variables...'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10298 on: December 05, 2012, 06:21:13 pm »

'After seeing how the corpses in the water purification plant seemed to have died from dehydration rather than malnourishment, I'm starting to think whatever it is might reside in water. Otherwise, why wouldn't those people make use of the literal vast amounts of drinking water surrounding them?
Either way, we probably won't come up with a viable theory without sweeping the lower levels first. Too many variables...'

"Well, are you sure they could get to it? Being in the maintenance section of the water treatment plant isn't the same as actually having access to drinkable stuff."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10299 on: December 05, 2012, 06:26:14 pm »

((Paris... Simus is was female.))
((Woops, sorry. Editing now. Hard to remember all those people, plus the unisex names make it  a bit harder. I still have a hard time remembering Stacy is male.))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #10300 on: December 05, 2012, 07:19:06 pm »

(( The truly suprising thing from this mission so far is that no-one has called dibs yet on Sambo's stuff if he dies. ))
It's a game. Have fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10301 on: December 05, 2012, 07:22:21 pm »

((Good point. Maybe everyone already has what you've got or better? Or maybe they just know there's no way for you to permanently die from this, and they're too cool to steal your stuff while you're napping.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10302 on: December 05, 2012, 07:24:15 pm »

Team A and B
"All right. Save those for when you need them. Simus, you have some experience with prosthetics and robotics, right? Can you examine my wounds and possibly do anything to repair them?" he asked the scientist as he shifted slightly to allow her a better look at said areas.
(What kind of roll would that be, anyway? Intelligence? Medical? ???)
(It's aux unless it has to do specifically with the life support module your brain is kept in.)

You try and position yourself as best you can to allow simus to take a look at you.
((Two shells? To my knowledge, I only had the three, High-EX, Razorwire, and Chemical-Incendiary... What's the fourth?))

Check Jim's prosthetic damage, see if any is reparable.
(yeah, I miscounted because I was skimming quickly and saw the word "grenade" twice. Turns out one of those is the Launcher itself. So unless you wat to shoot the launcher out of the launcher and kill them with confusion, you've got one left.)

[aux:5-1]
Hmm, well that round looks like it damaged the cables carrying the signals from jim's brain to his legs. One of them is completely sheered off and the other looks damaged. Must be why his legs aren't quite working right. You could probably snip out the damaged section and carefully splice the two good ends together, though if you fuck up he might end up dead from the waist down.

Bruce limped after everyone else, getting into cover as much as he could, when he arrives he asks Mesk "Do you have any bandages, my shoulder is sore as FUCK!"
See how bad my shoulder is.

"Tis but a scratch. Just a flesh wound."

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Shit shit shit.  Too many wounded right now.  Ok Bruce, let me take a quick look at your shoulder, but I need to tend to May."
Examine Bruce's shoulder, determine whether it can wait until May's not dying.

[med:2+2]

You look at Bruce's injury.

"Oh come on Brucey, it's just a nice gash. We'll worry about you when you start regurgitating your own liver."

He'll be fine.

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Let's hope that means they are considering our offer." Milno said with a growl through the comms. "Don't murder them just now. Also, Albino and Tinman still need to be fixed."

Keep motion sensor online and keep blaring:

"I want an answer, just shout something to show you are willing to negotiate so we can get you out of this hell."

"We were sent here to rescue any survivors and take them to safety, and none of you are collaborating. You have my word you will not be fired upon if you stop firing, and I will talk as long as you also talk. There is no reason for further combat."

If they show extreme hostility once again, then activate the EMM as fast as possible to escape/ddoge trouble, snatch some of the gauss weapons of the deceased from the nearest floor and start to spread carnage again. Give priority to the big guy and any heavier-armed enemies while shooting.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)

You tap your foot atop the statue and keep looking around while blaring the same message over and over. You can see occasional movements in the buildings, particular the left one with it's massive hole, but no one seems to be shooting. Hmm.

"Yes, your Holiness."

Lars was unaware of the correct title for addressing a living saint.  Since generally one died before one was declared a saint, this wasn't usually an issue.  He'd have to check up on this.

Keep a watchful eye out.  Think on why they aren't responding.

They could be regrouping, preparing for another attack, taking time to line up shots on anyone not in cover. Or they might
 just be talking over their surrender. Or shitting themselves. Anything is possible.

"Oh no. We got someone down. She's bleeding out!"
Move May up to the others.

You drag May back to the group and flop her around, yelling for a medic. A medic that isn't mesk.

"Hang on Thomas, I might be able to help out May."

Take a look at how bad her wounds are, and whether or not I can reasonably fix them using May's emergency kit. If I can patch her up, then do so.

[med:1+1]

You stare at may for a long time before pointing at the big bullet hole in her gut and yelling. "There's your problem!"

As medicine continues to be the Kryptonite of rational thinking something else is happening out on the no-man's-land of the courtyard. The doors to the right building are flung open and a man walks out, hands raised, unarmed as far as anyone can see. He's the same guy who took a rocket potshot at Milno, and he's slowly walking toward The center of the courtyard and the fountain Milno is currently occupying. 

Team C and D

'Feyri, if this were a siege situation, then annoying them endlessly would very much help. In this case though, we need to scare them, not annoy them into oblivion. It would be more helpful, I think, if you constantly reminded them that they are vastly outgunned, but that they'll live if they surrender. Glad to see you're helping though. Flint, That goes for too by the way.'

Try to look for an easily breachable window on the 1st floor. Fly up and smash through it, deal with hostiles as in the previous action. Try to determine if I (or with the help of Bishop) could lift Lucas or the mining suits up there with my/our rocket pods.

'Okay guys, we're not going through here, they'll be prepared for us by the time we breach it. Lucas, I don't think standing around here much longer is very good for our health, and we might need that particle cannon later on. We can breach the fortress from the 1st floor and me and Bishop will then airlift you guys up. This way, we can maintain the element of surprise.'

Hmm, well any of these windows could probably be smashed or pried open. The problem is that they're not terribly large. You could get a normal man in, a Industrial suit if they ducked a bit, but you and lukas ain't making it. As per lifting industrial suited teammates, you figure you probably could, but Bishop's rockets aren't gonna be able to lift the weight of a person, their suit, that mining laser and it's battery pack.

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Police Department.

"Well, we seem to be doing well for ourselves. Well, except poor whatshisname over there. That guy might be in a bit of trouble."

Try to use my suit's radio to scan for other frequencies in the area. Perhaps I can catch a helpful transmission from the residents of the colony.

((I am sincerely shocked by the amount of support there is for diplomatic solutions and the lack of support for extremely violent ones.))

((Diplomatic solution = one convict (diplomat) can take credit = many, many monies for said convict. See: Mission 7.))
You wind the radio through the frequencies, looking for anything. Most are static, though you catch one that seems to be broadcasting something, but you can't make out anything but garbled whispering.

((Yoink, Tiruin is not a character in ER, just so you know XD))

Jobasio looked down from the battlements to Tiruin, his expression of bemusement replaced by one of mild concern as he realized she seemed to be serious.
"Erm, with all due respect Miss Nirel, that will simply get us killed. All avenues of diplomacy and peaceful resolution have been tried and have failed, right now we simply need to get inside without walking through whatever trap they've set for us."

He returned his watchful gaze to the walls above, pleased with himself for being tactful. He patted his gauss rifle for some assurance.

"...Why do you have a deathwish, Feyri?"
Hnnngggghhhh- why was that broadcasted?!
Quote from: Feyri Nirel = James Kelly
I don't, slip of the words...

"You know what no gunfire means? People preparing larger guns. There's something up with them. Let me try this."

Also, shout the below to the people in there.

"Hey! Anyone there? We Really mean you no harm, ok? Could someone send a speaker to talk with us? That's all we want!"

You keep shouting at the people in the building but get no response.

Name:Flint / Deeper Scum - Team C - Entrance to fortress of Doom

@FeyrI: "You really have a deathwish, don't you?"

Use my shield to act as a bodyguard for Feyri while she does whatever she does.

"Anyway, if you want to use psychological warfare there are more effective ways."

Start singing the most annoying song I know. Something like spice girls.

You think you might be being influenced by may some how...what sort of devilery is this?

((I think since your body is a system that keeps people alive, it'd still fall under Medical. If not, presumably either Aux or Handiwork.

Also lol'd at the Street Fighter reference. :P))

Team D Leader Faith, Police Station Entrance

"Ugh, Sambo's dying. I'm gonna have to open my suit for this."

Stop the bleeding, with medifoam and/or trying to pump coagulant boosters into it with my fangs. Then attempt to drain existing blood out of the lung and patch it up with more medifoam and bandages.

[med:4+1]

You yank your helmet off before opening up Sambo's suit and bite him next to the wound, pouring in enough coagulants and pain killers to stop the bleeding and ease the pain before closing the wound with a healthy dose of organic medifoam and a wrapping of fleshy bandages which turn out to be very sticky and strong, easily adhering to his skin.

You stick your helmet back on after wiping the blood from your mouth.

"Ok, all done."

"Are you... Erm. Is everything under control back there, Team Leader?" Jobasio watched the fallen form of Sambo from his position crouched by the fortress's walls with a frown. 'Just one bullet, and he's out of the fight, for now at least... Nasty business.'

Jobasio frowned slightly, looking back in the general direction of Faith and Sambo as the two failed to appear.

Casting one last glance at the top of the walls and his teammates, he took out his datapad again to work on that design some more. Sambo's state only highlighted the value of such an idea.

>Hunker down at the base of the wall with the others, work on the design for the portable gauss rifle shield I described earlier.

>Keep my rifle across my knees, ready to move when the others finally breach the wall. Glance around every minute or so for any enemies coming into view.

"We're easy targets out here, the proverbial sitting duck. They could drop who-knows-what over the walls onto us. We need to hurry."

>...Also keep an eye and ear out for falling stuff from above.

You begin trying to work on some sort of technical project when you feel a sharp pain in your forehead and come to the sudden realization that perhaps now is not the time for such things.

((A rocket rifle would have been really useful on this mission I think...))

"Shutup Sambo, moving around will just make it worse. Guys, I'm gonna make a break for the upper floors! Cover me!"

Zip across the courtyard and onto the upper floors or roof. Check out what's up there for myself and stay cautious by sticking to cover, checking my corners and being ready to fire in a moments notice.

You forgot my action piecewise! I'm fine with doing it this turn though.
(sorry. When there are more then 25 posts I have to slowly gather up everyone's actions via quoting, copying it and then pasting them all together. Sometimes one falls through the cracks.)

You zoom up to the second floor and look through the windows. You can't really see anything through them, it's quite dark in there, and even with your lamps you don't see anyone moving around.

Team D - Lukas - PD

Lukas watches Miyamoto try to break down the door. "You know guys, I have this particle cannon that we can use to break down these walls. It will take some time to load though and I do need you guys to be somewhere else when I fire the cannon, because I haven't tried this thing out without bullseye mode yet. I also need some way of digging in or at least stand with my back to a wall. Maybe Miyamoto can even give me a hand. What do you say?"

Wait for response before doing anything.

Beep boop Loading Diplomacy...error, Diplomacy not found. Substituting CRYSOMEMORE.exe

Cough up blood. Stop dying, start swearing.

"Faith, if I don't make it through this alive........ kill that prick that shot me and do something horrible to his corpse.......... :cough:....."

Well, you certainly feel better now. Bit of a Medical hickey, but thats it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10303 on: December 05, 2012, 07:24:42 pm »

((Good point. Maybe everyone already has what you've got or better? Or maybe they just know there's no way for you to permanently die from this, and they're too cool to steal your stuff while you're napping.))

((Or too far away to lay claim upon it, or too respectful to lay claim on it while he's still conscious.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10304 on: December 05, 2012, 07:33:30 pm »

Team D Leader Faith, Police Station

"Sambo's alive again," Faith commented, climbing back into her exoskeleton. "Speaking of which... oh, we still haven't found a way in?"

She stood in thought for a few moments before accessing her wristpad, typing out a message to Jim.

Quote from: Message to Jim
Jim, are you free right now? I need someone to give me moral advice, and frankly I don't know who to turn to. Feyri's a bit scatterbrained and has some odd philosophical stuff going on, plus I don't want to ask her if it turns out I'm being a terrible person right now.

"Uh, so, more diplomacy in the meantime, or...?"
Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 1256