Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 683 684 [685] 686 687 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937955 times)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 104
« Reply #10260 on: December 05, 2012, 06:37:12 am »

((By the way, the fight of team A and B is epic stuff.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10261 on: December 05, 2012, 06:39:43 am »

((Yeah, you guys are lucky.))

"Yeah, thanks Flint. What I mean is that I'm annoying them with their own words. Try having your own taunt of 'You hit like a girl!' being repeated over and OVER to you in a jeering way. Hmm?

"And...yes I've a deathwish. Sorry for that."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10262 on: December 05, 2012, 06:42:04 am »

"...Why do you have a deathwish, Feyri?" Jim asked. He was resting while Simus was picking over his wounds, and so was spending his time monitoring transmissions.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10263 on: December 05, 2012, 06:42:46 am »

Jobasio grimaced, jabbed at his wristpad until he managed to block the audio feed of Flint's singing, and then thought for a moment.
"Hang on, I've an idea," He said after a moment's consideration, "What if, we not only explain explicitly that we are not from the deeper levels of the facility, we also tell them we're here to help them kill the 'deeper scum' they mentioned?"
He raised his brows behind his faceplate and glanced between those nearest him.

"Appealing to their bloodthirsty nature may be one 'avenue' we haven't explored. What say you, team?"
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10264 on: December 05, 2012, 07:00:42 am »

((I am sincerely shocked by the amount of support there is for diplomatic solutions and the lack of support for extremely violent ones.))
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:04:07 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10265 on: December 05, 2012, 07:17:01 am »

'Feyri, if this were a siege situation, then annoying them endlessly would very much help. In this case though, we need to scare them, not annoy them into oblivion. It would be more helpful, I think, if you constantly reminded them that they are vastly outgunned, but that they'll live if they surrender. Glad to see you're helping though. Flint, That goes for too by the way.'

Try to look for an easily breachable window on the 1st floor. Fly up and smash through it, deal with hostiles as in the previous action. Try to determine if I (or with the help of Bishop) could lift Lucas or the mining suits up there with my/our rocket pods.

'Okay guys, we're not going through here, they'll be prepared for us by the time we breach it. Lucas, I don't think standing around here much longer is very good for our health, and we might need that particle cannon later on. We can breach the fortress from the 1st floor and me and Bishop will then airlift you guys up. This way, we can maintain the element of surprise.'
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:20:02 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10266 on: December 05, 2012, 07:30:17 am »

"Once you use an 'alternate entrance' they will be distracted enough that we can use the main entrance. Unless of course it's booby trapped. Hmmm... Can somebody check for alternate entrances? I mean how do those guys get in or out if the main door is welded shut? Unless they are very fast welders."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:53:40 am by Parisbre56 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10267 on: December 05, 2012, 07:56:47 am »

((Yoink, Tiruin is not a character in ER, just so you know XD))

Jobasio looked down from the battlements to Tiruin, his expression of bemusement replaced by one of mild concern as he realized she seemed to be serious.
"Erm, with all due respect Miss Nirel, that will simply get us killed. All avenues of diplomacy and peaceful resolution have been tried and have failed, right now we simply need to get inside without walking through whatever trap they've set for us."

He returned his watchful gaze to the walls above, pleased with himself for being tactful. He patted his gauss rifle for some assurance.

"...Why do you have a deathwish, Feyri?"
Hnnngggghhhh- why was that broadcasted?!
Quote from: Feyri Nirel = James Kelly
I don't, slip of the words...

"You know what no gunfire means? People preparing larger guns. There's something up with them. Let me try this."

Also, shout the below to the people in there.

"Hey! Anyone there? We Really mean you no harm, ok? Could someone send a speaker to talk with us? That's all we want!"

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10268 on: December 05, 2012, 08:05:33 am »

"Hey! Anyone there? We Really mean you no harm, ok? Could someone send a speaker to talk with us? That's all we want!"

((After a few seconds a faint voice responds: "You...You promise? Pretty promise?"))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10269 on: December 05, 2012, 08:07:54 am »

((Derp. What the. How did I manage that?! :-X
Edit: At least I got the right name the second time in that post. Oh well, edited.))
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:14:02 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10270 on: December 05, 2012, 08:58:47 am »

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Police Department.

"Well, we seem to be doing well for ourselves. Well, except poor whatshisname over there. That guy might be in a bit of trouble."

Try to use my suit's radio to scan for other frequencies in the area. Perhaps I can catch a helpful transmission from the residents of the colony.

((I am sincerely shocked by the amount of support there is for diplomatic solutions and the lack of support for extremely violent ones.))

((Diplomatic solution = one convict (diplomat) can take credit = many, many monies for said convict. See: Mission 7.))
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 09:02:56 am by Harry Baldman »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10271 on: December 05, 2012, 09:12:03 am »

((Diplomatic solution = one convict (diplomat) can take credit = many, many monies for said convict. See: Mission 7.))

((Aha, so that is the reason huh? I guess it wouldn't make sense to counter that point with the statement that money doesn't make you happy but using extreme violence does?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10272 on: December 05, 2012, 09:20:43 am »

((Aha, so that is the reason huh? I guess it wouldn't make sense to counter that point with the statement that money doesn't make you happy but using extreme violence does?))

((Lots of money = ability to get better weapons and armor = better ways of inflicting MAXIMUM EXTREME DESTRUCTION, then surviving to do it again. See: Milno, Miyamoto, Bishop.))
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 09:32:21 am by Harry Baldman »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10273 on: December 05, 2012, 09:44:58 am »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Let's hope that means they are considering our offer." Milno said with a growl through the comms. "Don't murder them just now. Also, Albino and Tinman still need to be fixed."

Keep motion sensor online and keep blaring:

"I want an answer, just shout something to show you are willing to negotiate so we can get you out of this hell."

"We were sent here to rescue any survivors and take them to safety, and none of you are collaborating. You have my word you will not be fired upon if you stop firing, and I will talk as long as you also talk. There is no reason for further combat."

If they show extreme hostility once again, then activate the EMM as fast as possible to escape/ddoge trouble, snatch some of the gauss weapons of the deceased from the nearest floor and start to spread carnage again. Give priority to the big guy and any heavier-armed enemies while shooting.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 12:12:54 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10274 on: December 05, 2012, 10:02:34 am »

((Lots of money = ability to get better weapons and armor = better ways of inflicting MAXIMUM EXTREME DESTRUCTION, then surviving to do it again. See: Milno, Miyamoto, Bishop.))

((I see! You make a strong argument, sir. However, I think I have proven that an alternative (although less heroic) route to better ways of inflicting MAXIMUM EXTREME DESTRUCTION is to develop suicidal tendencies and whine to the doctor that you want free upgrades. Of course, there is the 'selling your soul to the devil'-thing but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.))
Pages: 1 ... 683 684 [685] 686 687 ... 1256