Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937595 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 104
« Reply #10275 on: December 05, 2012, 10:10:33 am »

((I see! You make a strong argument, sir. However, I think I have proven that an alternative (although less heroic) route to better ways of inflicting MAXIMUM EXTREME DESTRUCTION is to develop suicidal tendencies and whine to the doctor that you want free upgrades. Of course, there is the 'selling your soul to the devil'-thing but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.))

((Sure, but becoming the Doctor's experimental subject has... variable results. Plus, if you're going in for the full treatment, you need to kill the other subject afterwards. The subject who now has far more experience with his weapons, an auto-hit attack and drones with frickin' laser beams.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10276 on: December 05, 2012, 10:13:53 am »

((And a confirmed kill of a competitor.))

Brother Lars confirms the load of the Ingram-blessed magazine, and nods.  "Saint Milno, what are your orders?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10277 on: December 05, 2012, 10:23:07 am »

Bruce limped after everyone else, getting into cover as much as he could, when he arrives he asks Mesk "Do you have any bandages, my shoulder is sore as FUCK!"
See how bad my shoulder is.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10278 on: December 05, 2012, 11:19:55 am »

Brother Lars confirms the load of the Ingram-blessed magazine, and nods.  "Saint Milno, what are your orders?"

"Stand down for now. I'll see if they can listen to reason, and if they don't, then worse for them. Stay alert." Milno answered Lars through the comms.

He didn't like the silence. A straight answer, even if it was the re-igniting of the firefight, would be better than just waiting until the men inside the building decided if they wanted to die by the guns of the HMRC or leave it for later.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10279 on: December 05, 2012, 11:43:25 am »

"Yes, your Holiness."

Lars was unaware of the correct title for addressing a living saint.  Since generally one died before one was declared a saint, this wasn't usually an issue.  He'd have to check up on this.

Keep a watchful eye out.  Think on why they aren't responding.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10280 on: December 05, 2012, 12:17:14 pm »

"Oh no. We got someone down. She's bleeding out!"
Move May up to the others.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10281 on: December 05, 2012, 12:39:36 pm »

"Hang on Thomas, I might be able to help out May."

Take a look at how bad her wounds are, and whether or not I can reasonably fix them using May's emergency kit. If I can patch her up, then do so.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 73
« Reply #10282 on: December 05, 2012, 01:05:41 pm »

((A rocket rifle would have been really useful on this mission I think...))

"Shutup Sambo, moving around will just make it worse. Guys, I'm gonna make a break for the upper floors! Cover me!"

Zip across the courtyard and onto the upper floors or roof. Check out what's up there for myself and stay cautious by sticking to cover, checking my corners and being ready to fire in a moments notice.

You forgot my action piecewise! I'm fine with doing it this turn though.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10283 on: December 05, 2012, 01:24:19 pm »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Shit shit shit.  Too many wounded right now.  Ok Bruce, let me take a quick look at your shoulder, but I need to tend to May."
Examine Bruce's shoulder, determine whether it can wait until May's not dying.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #10284 on: December 05, 2012, 01:49:51 pm »

Cough up blood. Stop dying, start swearing.

"Faith, if I don't make it through this alive........ kill that prick that shot me and do something horrible to his corpse.......... :cough:....."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 01:52:40 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10285 on: December 05, 2012, 02:15:12 pm »

((I see! You make a strong argument, sir. However, I think I have proven that an alternative (although less heroic) route to better ways of inflicting MAXIMUM EXTREME DESTRUCTION is to develop suicidal tendencies and whine to the doctor that you want free upgrades. Of course, there is the 'selling your soul to the devil'-thing but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.))
((To some extent you already have- the whole "one project at a time" thing was presumably one of the larger nuances to that deal. You still belong to the Doctor and so on, but as far as overt problem problems go, you're likely in the clear for a bit.))

Cough up blood. Stop dying, start swearing.

"Faith, if I don't make it through this alive........ kill that prick that shot me and do something horrible to his corpse.......... :cough:....."
"...no, though that does remind me of something. Might end up doing something horrible to his corpse after all."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10286 on: December 05, 2012, 03:58:49 pm »

"Hey guys, speaking of corpses, do you think that the corpses of those thugs we've killed will be useful in any way? I mean, if they survived for so long, maybe they are immune to this disease. Maybe the science guys back on the ship can use them to make a vaccine or something."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10287 on: December 05, 2012, 04:08:21 pm »

"Err...Flint. We don't know if there is any sort of pathogen affecting the dead anyway, nor do we know who was directly or collaterally affected, or who actually has this 'disease'. Whether bacterial, parasitic or viral, I'm not sure it would've survived without any pressure or oxygen at all...what did they call them? Anaerobic things?...Did anyone check the dead people's digestive syst-Err, hold on. Nevermind my gab..." Feyri replied onto Flint.

...So, failing my course wasn't a good idea after all... I knew using a Laser Pistol for cautery of the nose in an emergency wasn't a good idea...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 04:12:12 pm by Tiruin »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10288 on: December 05, 2012, 04:15:31 pm »

"Considering these people survived without suits I don't think air ever was an issue here. And since the lungs on some of those bodies on the upper levels had exploded, unless there was alien space magic involved, then there is a high probability this disease really does exist."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10289 on: December 05, 2012, 04:22:24 pm »

Woo! Someone else knows what I'm talking about!

"I don't think any disease can cause a person's lung to...ernm, explode per se. Any fleshtechs read up on things that could do that with a size of yea small?" Feyri said, sending a picture of a hand with index finger and thumb pressing against each other, with the hand ironically similar to an "OK" gesture.

"I think we can discuss this when we're done with this obstacle thou-

"Hey, why can't we just bar the entrance to this place? I sure doubt that even the Police Station can win a war of attrition. Y'know, seal the entrance and let's go help Team A and B? They seem to be in trouble and we already know what we're facing here.

"A fortress of death."
she finished, lowering the volume of her speakers to her squad.
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 1256