Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937818 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 104
« Reply #10245 on: December 05, 2012, 01:06:33 am »

((I love how the fun and diplomatic stuff happens when I'm away :/

Argh.))

"Everyone, except Team A and B, drop your weapons and show no hostility. Perhaps they will begin wondering what is going on instead."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10246 on: December 05, 2012, 01:21:17 am »

Jobasio looked down from the battlements to Feyri, his expression of bemusement replaced by one of mild concern as he realized she seemed to be serious.
"Erm, with all due respect Miss Nirel, that will simply get us killed. All avenues of diplomacy and peaceful resolution have been tried and have failed, right now we simply need to get inside without walking through whatever trap they've set for us."

He returned his watchful gaze to the walls above, pleased with himself for being tactful. He patted his gauss rifle for some assurance.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:13:28 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 73
« Reply #10247 on: December 05, 2012, 02:06:42 am »

((That went pretty well. One turn away and someone's actually helping Sambo. The top-end heavy medic system works! ))
((You say that now. Just wait until she rolls a [6+1+1] and starts strangling you with medifoam. :P))

((Hushh, no more tears now, only dreams...))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10248 on: December 05, 2012, 02:19:19 am »

Team A and B
Jim tries to minimize his profile and protects his chest area as best as he can, hunkering down to avoid attention and let his brain rest.
You hunker up against the planter box, curling up in  ball. You're really getting tired of being shot repeatedly.

These are working wonderfully.

Move to Jim's position and check him, Load chemical incendiary shell, prepare to fire on the biggest cluster of still-living targets if they refuse surrender. Message Command:

Any idea who these "Blueshirts" are?
You jog to the Planter jim is laying behind, the the eerie sound of settling rubble and your own footsteps the only things to break the silence. You crouch down behind the planter with your team leader and load another shell, ready to fire if you need to.

"Only got two shells left." You whisper to jim, "Hope they give up."

[Team A Ignored Medic - Mesk]

"You alright, Jim?  Try and stay out of sight, alright?  I'm going to see what I can do for the rest of the team."
Run back to the group, same way I came.  Mutter creative insults under my breath.
You run back to the entrance, past jim and Simus, muttering to yourself as you do.

"Fanny poaching ninny grabbers. I'll lubricate their hidden monkey's paw one day, and cubby their hidey holes as well. "

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"All of you, stop firing, take cover and rest for the moment." Milno says through the comms. "I'll see if they are willing to surrender now. If they aren't, well. We can finish them after you have taken care of your nicks and scratches."

Fly down to a spot near their windows, activating the EMM if there's any hostile movement, and blare at full volume through the external speakers:

"Surrender now  or you will all die, fucking lemmings. We are here on a rescue mission, and you shot first."

"Lay down your weapons and let me talk to your leader, for god's sake. Will I need to use finger paintings for you to understand the fact we ARE HERE TO TAKE YOU TO SAFETY? At least STOP. SHOOTING. Or we will turn all the remainder of your forces into fine paste."

If they refuse surrender/negotiation/talking or just keep shooting like retards, then just snatch some of the gauss weapons of the deceased from the floor undearneath, activate the EMM and start to spread carnage, again. Search for the big guy and shoot him down. Fire the Prototype on single-shot.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)

You land zoom over to the area just above the fountain, land, standing on the remains of the statue, and proceed to blare your message at full volume. You don't get any immediate response, hostile or otherwise.

"O Ingram, we bless you for the guidance of our ordinance!  Thank you, Pathmas, for your divine splendor!"

Reload while continuing to sing praises.

((Also I totally credit that shot to divine guidance.))

You eject your magazine and slip in a new one, still shouting the praises of Pathmas and Ingram.

"Are you okay? Is anything broken?"
Thomas gently places May on the ground, then gets in between her and where the enemies were. He alternates between looking at her and looking back into where the fighting was.

"Nah, I think I'm fine." Examine wound.
[med:6]

You jam your fingers into the wound in your stomach and, after a few seconds of groping around pull out a badly deformed pistol round.

"See? Nothing to worry abo..."

and then everything is black.
"Are you okay? Is anything broken?"
Thomas gently places May on the ground, then gets in between her and where the enemies were. He alternates between looking at her and looking back into where the fighting was.

May jams her fingers into her wound and rips out the bullet. She looks at you and gets about half way through telling you everything is alright before her head lulls back and she goes limp.

Team C and D

((Goddamnit, I was just too late with my action. Now the whole plan is ruined! RUINED D:

Also, I didn't realize Sambo was that seriously injured))

'Faith, you look after Sambo, make sure he doesn't choke or bleeds out. Rest of the team, on me!'

Give Laser rifle to Flint. Tear/punch open wall a dozen or so meters to the left or right from the welded doors. Look around with normal, then heat vision upon entering. If anyone with a heavy weapon is present, boost over there and kinetic-punch them if they try to fire it. If there are hostiles with weapons too light to pierce my armor, boost over to them, grab their arms and use them as a shield. Say following:

'We are not from this colony! We are an investigation squad trying to help you lot. Lay down your weapons NOW!'

You hand the laser off to flint before attempting to bash your way into the building.
[str:4+1]
You slam your fist, not using the  Kinetic amp this time, into the wall repeatedly, but fail to make too much of an impact. These walls must be pretty thick. You could probably get through them, but it is gonna take a while like this.

To Miyamoto, not loud enough for the attackers to hear: "Channel your inner diplomat big guy, make them kneel before you!"

Be ready to do anything Miyamoto-様 says

You proceed to punch the wall in a childlike imitation of Miyamoto

"I'm helping!"

Name:Flint/deeper scum - Team C - Entrance to the fortress of doom

"I've got a bad feeling about this. I don't think they suddenly had a change of heart. But, we can always hope."

Yell:"This is the UWM rescue team. Blueshirts, you are completely surrounded. We have superior firepower and armor. Surrender and we promise no harm will come to you. Either send out someone to negotiate, or drop your weapons and come out with your hands above your heads. If you do not respond we will be forced to use lethal force." Accept the laser. If anyone attacks use the chisel and shield to disarm them. Literally if I have to.

@Miyamoto: "Miyamoto, maybe we should try diplomacy one last time before breaking in? You will also have some time to check for ambushes through the walls."

You take the laser from miyamoto and proceed to stand around and watch as he repeatedly punches a wall. You begin to wonder if his suit is malfunctioning.

Team D Leader Faith, Police Entrance

"...damn it, now they're up to something," Faith muttered, looking over at Sambo. He really deserved this...

Examine Sambo's wounds. Try to figure out if he needs help, and if so, if it's the sort of help I can give without opening up my suit.

You walk over to Sambo and place your hands near the wound, feeling for the problem. The bullet passed clean through but punctured a lung, which is filling with blood. You'd need to stop that bleeding, drain his lung then close the wound so that his lungs can fill again.

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Police Department.

To Miyamoto: "Godspeed, brave sir knight! May you succeed in your diplomatic efforts and save us the effort and danger of murdering these people!"

Wait in cover.

You press yourself up against the wall and promptly get bounced off as Miyamoto practices his street fighting.

"Thats not a car man, do you eve know how this minigame works?"

Jobasio scanned the walls, clutching his rifle close. His teeth were gritted in his mouth, and although he tried to keep his nerves hidden he couldn't keep a note of tension from his voice as he spoke.
"Yes, definitely seems like a trap. I believe you are on to something, there. Shall we?"

>Watch the walls closely as I wait for Miyamoto to bust open the wall.

>Then move through and to one side, drop to a crouch and scan the room for any hostiles with my rifle.

You watch the walls and the windows, but nothing happens and you can't see any movement, especially not from this angle.
((I have really to check up on this thread more when I get shot))

"Fuck! Fucking cunts shot me! Take the fuckers down! Slag the whole fucking building. Arrgghhh! Fuck!"

Stay in cover. Assist Faith in examining my own injuries, telling her where it hurts. See if it's a quick patch-up job, and if it is, patch it up with gaffer-tape and make-shift bandages. If it's not, let a nebulously possible, yet completely un-naked Faith nurse me back to health. Put duct-tape over any suit breakages afterwards.

((That went pretty well. One turn away and someone's actually helping Sambo. The top-end heavy medic system works! ))
You'd be right on that if you weren't busy choking, coughing and spraying blood all over the inside of your visor, making it very hard to see.

"I fear my *COUGH* rugged and manly *HACK* bravado may be my down fall. I have but one last request, dear nurse. Allow me to motor boat those."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10249 on: December 05, 2012, 02:25:58 am »

"All right. Save those for when you need them. Simus, you have some experience with prosthetics and robotics, right? Can you examine my wounds and possibly do anything to repair them?" he asked the scientist as he shifted slightly to allow her a better look at said areas.

(What kind of roll would that be, anyway? Intelligence? Medical? ???)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10250 on: December 05, 2012, 02:32:45 am »

"Are you... Erm. Is everything under control back there, Team Leader?" Jobasio watched the fallen form of Sambo from his position crouched by the fortress's walls with a frown. 'Just one bullet, and he's out of the fight, for now at least... Nasty business.'

Jobasio frowned slightly, looking back in the general direction of Faith and Sambo as the two failed to appear.

Casting one last glance at the top of the walls and his teammates, he took out his datapad again to work on that design some more. Sambo's state only highlighted the value of such an idea.

>Hunker down at the base of the wall with the others, work on the design for the portable gauss rifle shield I described earlier.

>Keep my rifle across my knees, ready to move when the others finally breach the wall. Glance around every minute or so for any enemies coming into view.

"We're easy targets out here, the proverbial sitting duck. They could drop who-knows-what over the walls onto us. We need to hurry."

>...Also keep an eye and ear out for falling stuff from above.
Booze is Life for Yoink

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10251 on: December 05, 2012, 02:59:02 am »

((I think since your body is a system that keeps people alive, it'd still fall under Medical. If not, presumably either Aux or Handiwork.

Also lol'd at the Street Fighter reference. :P))

Team D Leader Faith, Police Station Entrance

"Ugh, Sambo's dying. I'm gonna have to open my suit for this."

Stop the bleeding, with medifoam and/or trying to pump coagulant boosters into it with my fangs. Then attempt to drain existing blood out of the lung and patch it up with more medifoam and bandages.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10252 on: December 05, 2012, 03:33:21 am »

Team D - Lukas - PD

Lukas watches Miyamoto try to break down the door. "You know guys, I have this particle cannon that we can use to break down these walls. It will take some time to load though and I do need you guys to be somewhere else when I fire the cannon, because I haven't tried this thing out without bullseye mode yet. I also need some way of digging in or at least stand with my back to a wall. Maybe Miyamoto can even give me a hand. What do you say?"

Wait for response before doing anything.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10253 on: December 05, 2012, 03:56:32 am »

"Are you really sure that's a good idea, Team Leader-- really need a better, less-wordy title-- there could be a risk of airbourne disease? We have very little intelligence on the virus, after all. Even Sambo could be infected from that breach in his suit."
Jobasio grimaced at the idea of tiny little infectious particles in the air all around him. He compulsively ran a hand along the side of his gauss rifle, once, twice, three times and then replaced his hand on the barrel before glancing at the huge form of Lukas with mild apprehension.
Booze is Life for Yoink

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10254 on: December 05, 2012, 04:21:46 am »

"No, but it's that or he bleeds out through his lungs. Presumably whatever's in here is either dormant or gone now or works slowly enough that we'll have time to get me- and Sambo, for that matter- back to the ship if things go badly.

And you can just call me Faith or, I dunno, Captain maybe?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10255 on: December 05, 2012, 04:25:05 am »

"Well, what do you say guys? Particle cannon or no? I can prepare the shot while you guys fix Sambo."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 05:45:29 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10256 on: December 05, 2012, 05:31:41 am »

You walk over to Sambo and place your hands near the wound, feeling for the problem. The bullet passed clean through but punctured a lung, which is filling with blood. You'd need to stop that bleeding, drain his lung then close the wound so that his lungs can fill again.
((@Piecewise For the sake of game mechanics understanding, is this a hidden/not mentioned/etc. roll, or a skipped one (due to either high Med skill, Doctor's upgrades, obviousness of the wound or something else)?
Not questioning the outcome in any way, just checking if there's any trick which could be used to save more patients :) ))
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 05:37:29 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10257 on: December 05, 2012, 05:51:24 am »

((So finished re-reading...I took quick peeks instead of using my scoped gauss rifle instead to determine where shooters are? :/))
[...]
Scope out the nearest window and fire two shots into it - unless any ranged hostiles are seen where I fire into them instead, all the while using my broken shield as cover along with the cover I'm in currently while going along with the team's plan.
(multiple reasons. First, scope out is slang for looking, not necessarily having to do with a scope. Second, you couldn't see more with the scope then just looking with your naked eye. You'd just see shadowy movement more up close. Third, is seemed a bit odd to be talking about peace while actively pointing a gun at them, not exactly good for negotiations. Forth, peaking out without having to line up the scope is faster, less chance of getting shot. Fifth, pretty much all the windows have movement behind them, like I said, so you'd actually have a harder time NOT shooting someone through the window, then actually hitting them. Also no, your scope is a normal scope as I stated when you bought it. If you wanted some sort of fancy futuristic stuff like having it be linked to your faceplate (which you can't actually see) then you should have asked for that. Would have been more expensive though.)
((I didn't know it was slang, nor did I know they were that far off in distance relative to our position.))

Feyri Nirel ; Team C Mercenary

"Erm, with all due respect Miss Nirel, that will simply get us killed. All avenues of diplomacy and peaceful resolution have been tried and have failed, right now we simply need to get inside without walking through whatever trap they've set for us."
"All avenues huh? Well. That's it.

"I quit.

"Psychological warfare, go."

She took one look at Sambo, clenching her rifle. She didn't know the guy nor feel acquainted enough with him to feel enough sympathy, but a teammate was like a part of you after all the times you've worked with one.

"I'm going to fire a quick shot at the windows, move away from my position, I'll be the sitting duck. My shield still has its purpose. Oh, and prepare for non-stop repetition of anything they say.

"Unless I missed something, please do say now before-"
-before I screw up yet again...

Turn my suit's audio speakers at maximal capacity, replay and cycle the words the rebels used against us.

Fire a few shots at the windows, and then take cover. Intuit on what kinds of weapon the shooters are generally using.

Spoiler: Team C and D (click to show/hide)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10258 on: December 05, 2012, 05:55:45 am »

((Two shells? To my knowledge, I only had the three, High-EX, Razorwire, and Chemical-Incendiary... What's the fourth?))

Check Jim's prosthetic damage, see if any is reparable.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10259 on: December 05, 2012, 06:36:22 am »

Name:Flint / Deeper Scum - Team C - Entrance to fortress of Doom

@FeyrI: "You really have a deathwish, don't you?"

Use my shield to act as a bodyguard for Feyri while she does whatever she does.

"Anyway, if you want to use psychological warfare there are more effective ways."

Start singing the most annoying song I know. Something like spice girls.
Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 1256