Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976335 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #2310 on: August 17, 2012, 02:52:54 pm »

Got a Technic question: Is there any part of the mods that might re-coordinate stuff? My whole house is quite simply one block up. All of my machines, wires, and items are still where they should be in the right numbers, just up by one. Kind of disconcerting.

You didn't make your world in an unstable one from Mystcraft did you? It could be that everything around it dropped a block due to decay if so.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: August 17, 2012, 03:21:59 pm »

Got a Technic question: Is there any part of the mods that might re-coordinate stuff? My whole house is quite simply one block up. All of my machines, wires, and items are still where they should be in the right numbers, just up by one. Kind of disconcerting.

You didn't make your world in an unstable one from Mystcraft did you? It could be that everything around it dropped a block due to decay if so.
This sounds like the most likely culprit.

I sift through a lot of bug reports, but never heard of one like that.
*Hugs*

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: August 17, 2012, 05:14:54 pm »

What I do see though is you will probably end up with 6 constants and 3 variables for location first is its current locatioin, next would be its destination which would be the changing one, and finally its home coordinates
Actually I'll be using vectors for a lot.  I wish it supported 4-space vectors, but a vector is essentially a set of three numbers that function as a group.  You have the whole vector, and then you have vector.x and vector.y and vector.z that are the individual numbers.  That makes it very easy to coordinate locations, as you can just have "home", "target", and "position" and then you just compare position.x against home.x to find the distances.

For people playing with turtle fuel enabled, this means that you can compare the current location against the target location, and then compare your current fuel level against your stockpiled coal, and it can prevent the turtle from going to a location that's too far for its fuel concerns.  You can work from there if it wants to cancel its task, go home for more fuel, find a fuel stop along the way, or call another turtle to deliver fuel.

BUT for now I'm distracted.  I've been looking into RP2's frame system, and made some significant discoveries.  Namely, that they can move pretty much everything.  Including wheat and water.  But you have to get tricky with wheat.  If you just do some dirt and wheat atop it, then the wheat falls off.  You have to run some extra frames on the same level as the wheat, so that the "wheat tile" is touching a "frame tile" politely.  It should also be easily possible to bring along livestock, preferably by putting them in a room with a glass ceiling, and to do tree farms.  The farm has two options really.  1: You only grow trees when you're stopped.  2: You grow trees in very tight block molds, such that all of their leaves and wood tiles would be touching a frame.

I'm also toying with the ideal of deployed scaffolding.  Like, turning on a motor that would extend a gantry, useful for sending down a ladder to the surface, or for thrusting up some IC2 windmills, or horizontal frames with rail tracks or solar panels, so that you could fold in your equipment to move/tunnel, and then when you reach a nice area you can stop for a while, and extend the solar farms or the livestock storage into the sunlight.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2313 on: August 17, 2012, 05:24:12 pm »

You should have just said that you where using vectors. That simplifies it quite a bit seeing as your able to store what you need in one place though technically its more of a structure containing 3 variables. I debated suggesting vectors actually but in the end decided on keeping it simple because I knew if I tried something more complex I would derp on it.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: August 17, 2012, 05:24:22 pm »

This sounds like the most likely culprit.

I sift through a lot of bug reports, but never heard of one like that.

It does appear to be that, after some more playing saw a huge chasm open under my garden. Was pretty weird to be honest, everything was still exactly the same up until the game was just like "oh right decay" and ate everything. Now I have a perfectly industrialized home just floating in an infinite void. Idea time I suppose.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: August 17, 2012, 05:44:42 pm »

That's why we don't build our houses in unstable Mystcraft ages :P
*Hugs*

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2316 on: August 17, 2012, 05:48:12 pm »

It would not be that bad if you could send frame devices through mystcraft portals, then all you have to do is frame your house up and send it through to a new world. Better yet make your house of frames so you can just cruise through all those virgin worlds fresh for plunder.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: August 17, 2012, 05:50:55 pm »

I prefer to use Zeppelin mod for my floating shit.
No juddering along one block at a time.
*Hugs*

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: August 17, 2012, 05:56:09 pm »

Nope, and the latest version of Zeppelin is incompatible with it.
*Hugs*

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2319 on: August 17, 2012, 06:12:53 pm »

Can Zeppelin mod stuff go through mystcraft portals?

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #2320 on: August 17, 2012, 06:32:42 pm »

Are there mods to make cave ins happen slightly more realistically?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: August 17, 2012, 06:37:44 pm »

Can Zeppelin mod stuff go through mystcraft portals?
Not when I tested it a month or two ago.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: August 17, 2012, 06:54:45 pm »

Opinion time: What would be the coolest material to make an airship out of, in Technic?  Diamonds are fine and all, but maybe it would look better with black basalt, or high material value marble?  I'm rather fond of gemstones as well.  So, assuming everything is available, and will be sliced into covers, then what would be coolest?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: August 17, 2012, 07:02:08 pm »

Ha, yeah, that'd be...  *Check NEI's listing* Holy crap booze barrels.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: August 17, 2012, 07:09:47 pm »

I'm gonna have to now.  Except there appears to be scant little information on the wiki about booze.  Like where do I find hops, and how do I use the booze?  And then the only question is, what to brew?
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 326