Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976272 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #2340 on: August 17, 2012, 10:36:14 pm »

That's why we don't build our houses in unstable Mystcraft ages :P

That is exactly why we build houses in unstable Mystcraft ages. The decay can't get me and I have portals to mining worlds, so I basically have a dimensional pocket for a base! Plus I learned all the juicy worlds like crystals and dense ores.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: August 17, 2012, 10:42:15 pm »

Check your launcher logs, located in
AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\logs
Search for the above finds nothing  :-\

Pick the "Run..." command in your start menu. Type in Appdata and click Ok.
Okay, did that. AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher contains a single executable file (technic-launcher) and nothing else.

ETA: Okay, never mind! Apparently I needed to run the executable in the Appdata folder. Not sure why it was set up that way, but *shrug*
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:16:01 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: August 18, 2012, 12:03:18 am »

Can someone tell me what Mystcraft does exactly?  I know it's installed with Technic, but I have no idea what it may or may not be doing >.>

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: August 18, 2012, 12:11:09 am »

You craft books that teleport you to other random worlds, known as "Ages". You can basically make infinite worlds, so long as you remember to make other books that will return you home. I like the look of it, it doesn't add a hundred new blocks and some of the worlds are pretty bizarre.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: August 18, 2012, 01:26:59 am »

You can also write books to create custom worlds. (If you write them incorrectly/forget stuff, they become 'unstable' and start falling apart.)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2345 on: August 18, 2012, 02:17:10 am »

Can someone tell me what Mystcraft does exactly?  I know it's installed with Technic, but I have no idea what it may or may not be doing >.>
It adds an expanded dimension system similar to that of the bukkit mod multiverse. You make dimensions by writing descriptive books using symbols to determine each aspect of the new world. Supports up to ~2 billion dimensions, and you can use books to teleport between worlds or set up portals using a crystal block you find in some worlds.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: August 18, 2012, 03:31:11 am »

It allows you to make worlds with more ores by putting a dense ore symbol in a book.
You can then spam that symbol to remove all stone.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2347 on: August 18, 2012, 03:33:52 am »

It allows you to make worlds with more ores by putting a dense ore symbol in a book.
You can then spam that symbol to remove all stone.
But doing so normally causes crippling instability and the world falls into the void.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: August 18, 2012, 03:56:27 am »

If you're feeling cheat you can turn off instability tough.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2349 on: August 18, 2012, 04:08:28 am »

If you're feeling cheat you can turn off instability tough.
Yes, but if you're feeling cheat you can just creative mode.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: August 18, 2012, 04:11:06 am »

Agh, i should have put a y behind that cheat...

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: August 18, 2012, 05:24:03 am »

The logic is still the same, if you're going to disable instability and make a world where all stone is ore, you may as well just NEI stuff in.
*Hugs*

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: August 18, 2012, 05:30:23 am »

True. I was just being frustrated over a typo.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: August 18, 2012, 06:18:32 am »

On the other hand if you just want a pretty age to build in without worrying about corruption I don't see a problem with turning it off. Granted it seems Mystcraft design is based around corruption only happening with random ages or cheaty worlds, so I'm glad the mod author is sensible about the whole system,
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: August 18, 2012, 08:48:09 am »

I've just been using Mystcraft to gen up tons of forest worlds that I can reap all the silverwood from. Also, does anyone know if the Thaumcraft runic portals can teleport across Ages? Would make my set-up considerably easier since the book stand isn't in Technic (as far as I can tell, could be wrong).
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 326