Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976364 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #2265 on: August 17, 2012, 06:38:29 am »

So, Bat-Horse with a Skeleton riding it, I decided that staying in my house forever is actually a pretty good idea after all.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2266 on: August 17, 2012, 06:43:23 am »

So, Bat-Horse with a Skeleton riding it, I decided that staying in my house forever is actually a pretty good idea after all.
Tits Pic or GTFO.

:)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: August 17, 2012, 06:54:39 am »

The transformers currently seem to serve no purpose at all. Why are they there? Geothermal generators output energy in 20eu packets, which is not enough to overload the cables or MFE. If the intent is to up-convert the packets to MV, you need to apply a redstone signal to each transformer to have it work in reverse. Normally they are used to down-convert.
Power loss in packets begins at cable lengths after four. This was to preserve all the power, all of it. It also looks visually better than straight up cables.

And yeah, forgot about how transformers need redstone to scale up. I attached levers to them to solve the issue and things are working smoothly.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2268 on: August 17, 2012, 07:34:48 am »

The transformers currently seem to serve no purpose at all. Why are they there? Geothermal generators output energy in 20eu packets, which is not enough to overload the cables or MFE. If the intent is to up-convert the packets to MV, you need to apply a redstone signal to each transformer to have it work in reverse. Normally they are used to down-convert.
Power loss in packets begins at cable lengths after four. This was to preserve all the power, all of it. It also looks visually better than straight up cables.

And yeah, forgot about how transformers need redstone to scale up. I attached levers to them to solve the issue and things are working smoothly.
Understandable, glad we were able to work out the problem. I hadn't thought of using the transformers as line drivers, I normally use batboxes for that function.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: August 17, 2012, 08:15:51 am »

Tits Pic or GTFO.

:)
I was too busy shouting NONONONONONONO and barricading my door with every block I had in my inventory.
*Hugs*

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: August 17, 2012, 08:28:26 am »

So, here is the setup.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pump up there outputs to waterproof pipes that feed into the geothermals. Cables on the sides go 4 down into a transformer, which feeds gold cables into an MFE. There is some redstone under the right half but it shouldn't be affecting the transformer and there is none near the left half. Cable at the top feeds to an electric engine powering the pump.

The geothermals are not burning through their lava nor are they producing energy. The MFE is empty and should be drawing power from them. I have similar setups testing around there and the only large difference is the weird shared cable to the electric engine and stacked geothermals. Can anyone point out an obvious flaw that is ruining this?

"By default, the Transformer outputs LV current. A Redstone signal must be applied to it in order to make it reverse flow, thereby emitting MV current from the High Voltage face (the 3-dotted one). "

This could be your problem, maybe you need to apply redstone to the transformers (otherwise it's trying to output energy UP). You sure the geos aren't producing ANY energy? Not even filling their internal storage (the horizontal red bar in the GUI) and then stopping? Because if that's the case, the geos are the problem, not the wiring.

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like you fixed it anyway. Somehow I missed it even though I read thru all the posts (guess I'm still half asleep :P)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:31:43 am by Sergius »

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: August 17, 2012, 08:29:36 am »

what mod is this?

Mo' Creatures maybe?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2272 on: August 17, 2012, 08:34:40 am »

what mod is this?

Mo' Creatures maybe?
90% sure its mo' creatures.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: August 17, 2012, 08:36:23 am »

Yeah, Mo' Creatures.

You can also find skeletons riding zombie or skeleton horses pretty often.
*Hugs*

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: August 17, 2012, 08:43:05 am »

Anyone think that someone is going to eventually invest in a REAL minecraft server. Like, 2000 people sized?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: August 17, 2012, 08:46:15 am »

Anyone think that someone is going to eventually invest in a REAL minecraft server. Like, 2000 people sized?

I think at that point Minecraft would need to support some sort of multi-server setup.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: August 17, 2012, 08:57:16 am »

I recall the Yogscast did some stress tests to see how many people they could get in a server. If I recall correctly, they managed a few thousand. No one could move, so it was basically a writhing mass of Steve. Then the server went down.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2277 on: August 17, 2012, 08:59:13 am »

A server that size would take a lot of startup capital and work, and even then with dedicated hardware I doubt you could have 2000 people on at once with anything resembling playable speeds. Given sufficient monies, I could easily do one for a few hundred concurrent people though.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: August 17, 2012, 09:13:02 am »

Really? No super computer? No WoW class servers? I think they could cram a lot of players onto a server. Charge money to join.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: August 17, 2012, 09:27:06 am »

I don't think that would be possible since the software isn't designed for it. There's a lot of going on, and it needs to wait for every thread to be done before starting the next logical tick, causing increasing delays as more processor cores are added.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 09:28:48 am by amjh »
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 326