Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 57

Author Topic: ≈'Modieval' The Forum RPG - (OOC Thread)≈  (Read 92443 times)

MrCelt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ≈'Modieval' The Forum RPG - (OOC Thread)≈
« Reply #540 on: October 15, 2012, 02:12:35 pm »

Fine, Ani. You persuaded me.

Character's Name: Professor Andrew C. B. Finkel
Character's Race: Human
Character's Gender: Male
Character's Age: 25
Character's Description: 5'7,

Character's History: Andrew was born young; but grew up fast. he was regarded as an outcast as a child, and when a family outing was suggested, he was not invited. luckily. - The "family outing" was a setup. his entire family was slaughtered, leaving him as an only child. He looked around, and found a gang named "The Sacreed of Skull" - Religious fanatics whose entire goal was to take over the world. He hanged out with them a bit, but figured that they didn't have enough potential, but managed to learn a lot about propaganda, and other technics. - He was charismatic, and quickly joined a mafioso-esque gang which Andrew considered to have more potential. - He ranked his way up through whatever way he considered possible, not regarding the ethics. - the Leader of this mafia had an unexpected death, shocking all the members, but Andrew was elected leader soon after. This was not really enough, though, so he decided to take the biggest and the best in the group, and formed with them a society which entire purpose was to make profit, and continue making profit. - The lingo within the society, or "The Family" was to refer eachother as family members, no matter who it was. Andrew was the Uncle, and people below him were his nephews, sons or other relevant names. The Family became big, using tactics such as hits, drugs, selling guns, robbing stores and basically all other ways of making money were used to gain a big profit. - The Uncle was not happy. - he wanted a bigger profit, and decided the only way to do so was to expand, and become a dictatorship, commanded by him.

Can Your Character Use Magic?: No

Character's Stats: (You have 15 Points to Spend)
Strength: 2   
Agility: 2         
Endurance: 3   
Perception: 4   
Intelligence: 3
Willpower: 1

Character's Skills:
Weapon Skills: (30 Points to Spend Here) (And An Additional 15 if your Character can not use Magic.)
Hand to Hand: 5/20
One Handed Blade Weapons: 5/20
Two Handed Blade Weapons: 0/20
One Handed Blunt Weapons: 0/20
Two Handed Blunt Weapons: 0/20
Polearms: 0/20
Bows: 0/20
Crossbows: 0/20
Thrown Weapons: 0/20
Pistols: 10/20
Rifles: 5/20
Submachine Guns: 20/20
Shotguns: 0/20
Heavy Weaponry: 0/20
Explosives: 0/20

Weapon Specialties: (You have 15 Points to Spend Here) (And An Additional 5 if your Character can not use Magic.)
Human: 10/20
Dwarvern: 0/20
Elven: 0/20
Thelenawen: 0/20
Orcish: 0/20
Goblin: 0/20
Gnomish: 0/20
Dual Wielding: 10/20

Armour: (You have 15 Points to Spend Here) (And An Additional 5 if your Character can not use Magic.)
Unarmoured: 0/20
Light Armour: 20/20
Medium Armour: 0/20
Heavy Armour: 0/20
Bucklers: 0/20
Shields: 0/20
Tower Shields: 0/20

Magic: (You have 25 Points to Spend Here)
Arcane: 0/20
Air: 0/20
Water: 0/20
Fire: 0/20
Ice: 0/20
Stone: 0/20
Nature: 0/20
Shock: 0/20
Light: 0/20
Shadow: 0/20
Alchemy: 0/20
Enchanting: 0/20
♫♪ Hitler has only got one ball ♪♫
♫♪ Göring has two but very small, ♪♫
♫♪ Himmler is somewhat sim'lar, ♪♫
♫♪ But poor Goebbels has no balls at all. ♪♫

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 15, 2012, 04:11:16 pm »

how long will it take to reload my gun individually?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 15, 2012, 04:13:46 pm »

About two turns - So the Elementals can move four tiles in that amount of time.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 16, 2012, 08:31:23 am »

It's been a while since I asked the first time, and a bunch of you have joined since then so I'll say it again; Do any of you have Steam? (And haven't added me yet)

Whenever I'm online, I'm online on Steam too - So it tends to be an easier way to ask questions like this;

Fireiy: Aim at what? His Head? I'm guessing you don't mean his Torso because you said it yourself - You aren't going to miss that.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 16, 2012, 04:05:22 pm »

Ani?
Ani?
I have Steam.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 16, 2012, 09:46:39 pm »

Editty: Mighty Cell Phone Powers! I even tried to give you a history, but I dropped my phone and had to yell...
Spoiler: Sheeet! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 08:12:52 am by Kogan Loloklam »
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 16, 2012, 10:45:52 pm »

Kogan, I'm not saying the sheet isn't nice, or that you shouldn't keep it around for reference when writing flavor text later on, but there's an actual character sheet, and you should probably use it. It's a unique way of submitting a character, but it'll only hinder your start.

There also appears to be no history.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 10:51:11 pm by Lillipad »

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 17, 2012, 10:56:06 am »

The original sheet wasn't really that much of a problem, and I like it when people get a bit more creative with how they write out their character sheets. But Lillipad will be Lillipad.

However, there is one relatively major problem - and another thing I want to go over with you real quick.

Now first I want to mention that judging by the way you named the weapons, and the automatic grenade launcher you might have actually overshot the intended time period by a little. Everyone but the Dwarves are somewhere around WWII-Level, technology wise (With a number of obvious differences though, mostly due to things like magic, and airships) - the Dwarves are a bit harder to measure in those terms, because of how 'different' they are, but they're probably a little past that stage. To them, something like an automatic grenade launcher wouldn't be out of the question - But I'll elaborate on that in a minute.

Though even like Medieval (Another Forum Game that I've run for a long time.), there is that blatantly 'Modern' twist. So that bit isn't necessarily actually a problem - It's just something you might want to keep in mind.
I do really need to update the intro a bit, but it's hard stuff to summarize and it may not look it - Being just a random Forum RP(G) - but the setting is very thoroughly thought out. If I were to just put out enough information for it to be relatively useful it'd probably just scare people away because they'd think. "Oh god, do I have to read through all of this?" So normally when I do Forum Games like this, I leave out a lot of the story/setting related things for both that, and so that people don't feel too restricted with how they want to create their character.

Now the problem, would be Power. Now, starting off with an armoured, Military-Grade Vehicle is one thing but also starting out with powerful, military-grade weapons (Especially the automatic grenade launcher - Which as I started to explain earlier, would be extremely powerful when compared to the norm.) not only for yourself, but presumably for 3-10 others. (And that's not to mention those 3-10 others would be under your command to begin with.)
That's leagues above how anyone else would normally start.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 17, 2012, 12:45:23 pm »

Yea, I did overshoot the era a bit.

A bit of explination about big bad heavy weapons... They are crew served. A typical one needs 3 people to operate effectively, and they are damably heavy. So we're talking more like 1 per 3 people sort of stuff.

of course the destructive potential goes away with drops in technology. So no dropping buildings on top of people and whatnot I guess...

Well adjust their strength as nessessary, you've got the idea of the why. I'm looking for crew served sort of weapons with lots of collateral damage. I can't think off the top of my head what era came with what weapon, but whatever works with the base concept as presented in the history. I'll adjust my sheet as needed.

Edit: thinking in paticular of the fancy vehicle, but of anything else too, one thing to have it, another entirely for it to work. Not exactly a large supply of repair depots for equipment like that around, and shipping it back to the manufacturer is out of the question... Vehicle badly damaged in the last contract, very little of the rare ammo for the weapons... It's plausable I think.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 01:02:51 pm by Kogan Loloklam »
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 17, 2012, 01:35:25 pm »

Edit: thinking in paticular of the fancy vehicle, but of anything else too, one thing to have it, another entirely for it to work. Not exactly a large supply of repair depots for equipment like that around, and shipping it back to the manufacturer is out of the question... Vehicle badly damaged in the last contract, very little of the rare ammo for the weapons... It's plausable I think.

That is, normally what I'd do - You'd start out after or during the end of a particularly costly mission and not only is most of your stuff wrecked and supplies spent, but a good number of the squad was killed off. So essentially, it's
"Oh well, I guess we have to start from scratch."

Luckily for your character, I do tend to give characters that want to either lead a group, or start up their own faction/nation a better start than the regular Adventurer/Mercenary/Whatever, so it wouldn't be completely from scratch.

I just didn't want to set up your character, and then you start and suddenly: Why's all my stuff broken?!

And you don't have to change your character sheet for that if you don't want to, it's fine how it is.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 17, 2012, 02:16:33 pm »

Nope, I'm good with you breaking it. Just keep in mind that it's a squad, not a platoon or company. 20 people max. Probably using the APC as their resupply vehicle and transport, so probably less than 10. I'm thinking 7-8. That should make killing them off to a managable level easy too.

Gotta work hard to be effective again, for the glory of... the squad.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 17, 2012, 02:24:28 pm »

Yes, for the glory of the squad.
Of course...

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 17, 2012, 07:22:25 pm »

I have PMed you the official apology, I have no plans of editing the post to something silly, because I'm tired and lazy.

But Lillipad will be Lillipad.

Who is this Lillipad of whom you speak?!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 17, 2012, 07:34:22 pm »

How many bullets did Varin take? I lost count around 5, but was just curious.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 17, 2012, 07:49:18 pm »

Too many.

I didn't want you to die so early, so the bullets were all swerving around your chest and hitting everything else they could. :P
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 57