Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57

Author Topic: ≈'Modieval' The Forum RPG - (OOC Thread)≈  (Read 92411 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: ≈'Modieval' The Forum RPG - (OOC Thread)≈
« Reply #525 on: October 09, 2012, 10:24:23 pm »

Ok.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 12, 2012, 06:19:00 pm »

You know Elfeater, you were just another member of the crew of that airship.

You aren't the leader of these Dwarves or anything, so they aren't really going to listen to you like this. (Hence the running away)
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 12, 2012, 08:32:57 pm »

Yeah, but I hope they will at least listen to logic...
Edit: What do we know about the Ice elementals exactly, any lore?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 01:05:40 pm by Elfeater »
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 13, 2012, 02:20:32 pm »

Will aiming twice in a turn give you a bonus in the next?
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 13, 2012, 02:26:10 pm »

Will aiming twice in a turn give you a bonus in the next?

The way aiming works is - You aim at a certain body part (Or Piece/Section/Whatever if it isn't a living creature) and gain the accuracy bonus towards that body part. The aiming bonus can stack as many times as you want, and you can aim at something for as long as you want. Recoil will eat away at the bonus when you fire though, (Your current rifle has such a high recoil that it completely prevents your aim bonus from carrying on to the next action) and if you lose sight of that creature, or something similar to that happens: You completely lose the aim bonus.

Also, about that edit in your last post:

What you know about Frost Elementals is that they have magical origins, and can sometimes be found roaming around the mountains in Dwarvern Territories. You haven't heard of any leaving the mountains at all, let alone charging at a random group of dwarves, for a long time though.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 13, 2012, 02:28:07 pm »

Alright, so even with the bonus right now from crouching, there would still be no bonus?  So it would be better to just wait for the recoil to leave? So the elementals are kinda like others?
Edit: so even aiming twice in my turn wouldn't negate it?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 02:29:57 pm by Elfeater »

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 13, 2012, 02:40:10 pm »

Well, when you crouch you gain 15% accuracy per Aim. Your Rifle has 45 Recoil, and you get a bonus -5 Recoil from crouching.

So yes, it would. But Recoil goes away on its own whenever you're not firing, so "Waiting" for recoil to go away would be a waste of an action.

And I'm not sure what you mean by the Elemental question.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 13, 2012, 02:53:46 pm »

Sorry its  an ASOIAF reference.  :)

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 13, 2012, 10:42:37 pm »

Errr, that is the exact same thing from last action.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 13, 2012, 11:49:53 pm »

There's so much combat that he's been reaching the character limit, so expect a lot of errors until more people are out of it. But he's offline right now, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 13, 2012, 11:53:49 pm »

How many people are in combat right now anyway?

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 14, 2012, 03:41:46 am »

Six currently.

And it's not the same exact thing - I just forgot to add new text above the Map (Which is odd, because I still remember exactly what I'd wrote for this update but it's not there...) and also update the Map's Link.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 14, 2012, 03:31:54 pm »

Yes, you do. Sorry, all the combat lately has got my brain overloaded and I haven't put together a program to help me out with it yet.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 15, 2012, 12:43:29 pm »

Random bit of information some people might be interested in:

Because the ranges at which combat can take place are now a good bit larger than they were meant to be originally: Perception now gives 1% Accuracy for 1 point, instead of 1% for 2 Points.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 15, 2012, 01:09:16 pm »

Which way Zako? There was a road that turned off to the North, and then there's the road you've been following that goes to the West.

EDIT: Nevermind that then.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 01:33:57 pm by Aninimouse »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57