Mouth and Horns only
- 35 (42.7%)
Forehooves
- 3 (3.7%)
All of the above
- 44 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2  (Read 80663 times)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.1
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2012, 08:10:25 pm »

Have you thought about creating some sort of "cloud" creature that would give a special type of wool "cloud" shearing that can be used in those reactions?

There would be the issue of non-pegasii being able to shear or lead the clouds, but that could be fixed by adding an emission interaction that adversely affects them.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2012, 08:14:38 pm »

Yes, i actually have the start of a raw creature called an "errant cloud" that would live in wild areas.
My initial brainstorm was to make several different ones, some big stormclouds that only pegasi could really handle. Giving them immunity or at least resistance to stormcloud lightning strike attacks, and a 1 tile interaction to calm an errant storm into a calm storm.. tho i guess they'd still be in combat after that.

making clouds into shearable animals could be interresting actually. Wild clouds would give better cloudstuff than the manufactured stuff, and would thusly be more valuable :P

Surp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2012, 09:07:01 pm »

I really like the complexity that comes up, and thats just for the pegasi arc. Can't wait what you're planning for earth ponies and unicorns(hope there will be a lot of spells and stuff).

Also i noticed that the new bigger pony sprites for stonesense are roughly based on the "desktop ponies" but slightly bigger. I don't know what you plan with them in the future, but maybe it would be good to size then down a bit to the actual "desktop pony" size cause:

-it's open source (probably no: "oh ma gawd y u steal my sprites!?!1)
-sprites can offer decent quality and detail for clothes, manes/tails, little cutiemarks, to be considered as cute sprites that makes everything look nicer
-there's are already a bunch of manes, cutiemarks, clothing and overall styles which can give some good inspiration

look here for references:
http://www.desktopponies.com/
http://www.ponychan.net/chan/collab/res/29647.html
http://www.ponychan.net/chan/collab/res/23185.html

Just a suggestion :)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2012, 09:10:35 pm »

Yes, i actually have the start of a raw creature called an "errant cloud" that would live in wild areas.
My initial brainstorm was to make several different ones, some big stormclouds that only pegasi could really handle. Giving them immunity or at least resistance to stormcloud lightning strike attacks, and a 1 tile interaction to calm an errant storm into a calm storm.. tho i guess they'd still be in combat after that.

making clouds into shearable animals could be interresting actually. Wild clouds would give better cloudstuff than the manufactured stuff, and would thusly be more valuable :P

Savage areas would have things like "Everfree Storms" that can not be tamed and must be attacked before they set things on fire with there lightning bolts, or something.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2012, 05:09:51 am »

I used the desktop ponies as a base reference, my pixel-eye is pretty decent after many years of spriting, so i might just have made a 2.5x larger version by hand...

Due to the size of the stonesense spritesheet, i found 2x2 pixels being too small and 4x4 being too large, so currently each one of the "pixels" in the pony sprites are 3x3 pixels large.
as such, you should be able to resize anything from the desktop ponies and make them fit. simply pixel resize by 200% then by 150% (i tried this with some of the hair) You get some weird stretching sometimes, but nothing that's not fixable.

I considered cutie marks displayed too, It's not completely impossible, but I'd have to rework the current caste system and make a version closer to the one in my little darkness. And hoo-boy that xml file is going to be huuuuge!

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2012, 08:09:58 am »

I found this image too cool not to share :D

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2012, 12:59:14 pm »

First of all, I am enjoying the mod. Second I have spent almost twelve hours straight since starting last night at 11:00 PM PST modding your mod as an experiment. In the process I came up with something that I thought I'd share in case you wanted to use some of my tweaks in your mod.

I used Google to reference things and I referenced some stuff on the wiki, then essentially did a complete overhaul to the plants in "plants_pony.txt"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To sum up the revisions on your raws...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just thought I'd share this. I'm going to go sleep now, I've gotten three hours sleep in the past three days.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2012, 01:43:24 pm »

Ker-yoink!

I was planning on giving the plants a second go anyway, and this helps alot, I'll throw it in the RAW folder and put your name in the credits if you don't mind :D

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2012, 02:04:23 pm »

Ker-yoink!

I was planning on giving the plants a second go anyway, and this helps alot, I'll throw it in the RAW folder and put your name in the credits if you don't mind :D
Then I'm glad I didn't decide to go to sleep yet. Yeah, I don't mind. In fact I was glad that I was able to help you out. I'll let you know if I come up with anything else that might be interesting or useful enough to share. I'm going to be working on finishing up what I started last night later, so if it works out well and there's no major hitches I might have an interesting mod to contribute as well.

And of course, I look forward to the results of your modding so that I may both enjoy it and learn from it. And now I'm seriously going to try sleeping, unless my landlord is here and wants me to continue fixing the network in the office. Good luck with your endeavors Sorcerer.

Oh, and when I'm done working on what I am working on I'll make sure to credit you for the help and inspiration your mod as given me as well. You can count on that.

FiveFives

• Bay Watcher
  • and their UFO Connection
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2012, 10:31:33 pm »

Hah!
Somehow managed to still get an embark without any Flax available and couldn't rush any clothes, all my ponies went berserk in the first year.
This is what happens when you expose your ponies to fan art. NO SOCKS, NO SWEATERS, NO WORK!

Gonna re-embark and rush a dining hall, we'll see if the power of fancy dining can overcome their nude despair.

Anyway, is the new desire for clothing something that can be modded out?  I'm under the impression that it's hardcoded into vanilla but if not, removing it altogether would seem like the most show-accurate solution.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 10:33:09 pm by FiveFives »

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2012, 06:33:31 am »

Alas, there is currently no way to disable the clothing requirement.. Removing the [CLOTHING] tag removes them actually wearing clothes, but not the bad thoughts from it.

To counter this I've had to make pants and shoes available. i have light horseshoes and socks available, and an assortment of skirts.

If you don't want to wait until the next version is out, here's a zip with the needed changes.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3677116/item_pony.zip

Andal

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning! Fourth wall breached!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2012, 07:47:59 am »

If you want to have pants as well, without calling them pants, you could always call them "duds" or "work duds".
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2012, 08:08:43 am »

Great idea, I'll throw that in

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2012, 08:31:22 pm »

Research is now a bit more exciting! Blueprints are required for advanced buildings and Schematics are required to do certain things.
All buildings will be able to do SOMETHING without research, the weather factory for instance will be able to harvest wild clouds and turn them into buckets or barrels of water, but turning the clouds into manufacturable light or heavy clouds are outside your reach when you first build it. The option of harvesting seeds from clouds (much faster than harvesting wild clouds) also requires research.

The numbers are not final, they probably require a lot of tweaking, so i will probably release an optional file to disable blueprint requirements for buildings until they are finalized.

MadLight

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2012, 11:27:40 am »

Can you make Pony sprites for Phoebus?
And "Rainbow Factory" maybe? (you know what "factory" i mean)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25