Mouth and Horns only
- 35 (42.7%)
Forehooves
- 3 (3.7%)
All of the above
- 44 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2  (Read 80664 times)

Darekun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2012, 12:13:19 am »

So, uh. It turns out the issues I was having with pony sprites were general bugs with DF custom sprites, not something I was doing wrong.

Pony sprites for DF, basically Sorcerer's content rearranged.

Unzip that to [DF]\raw\graphics\ for new worlds, and to [DF]\data\save\*\raw\graphics\ for existing worlds.

DF doesn't do caste sprites so far as I know, so graphics_Dare_Ponies.txt is set to use earth pony sprites, but be configurable. If you look inside, you can see CREATURE_GRAPHICS:EARTH_PONY followed by [CREATURE_GRAPHICS:PONY_LITTLE], but [CREATURE_GRAPHICS:PEGASUS_PONY], [CREATURE_GRAPHICS:UNICORN_PONY], and [CREATURE_GRAPHICS:WINGED_UNICORN_PONY] by themselves. Just switch which one is de-tagged and supplanted by [CREATURE_GRAPHICS:PONY_LITTLE].

I've been meaning to update to Sorcerer's more recent(better quality) Stonesense sprites for the base, but this uses Sorcerer's older ones. I was also planning on bringing in some specific noble sprites based on the Gala/Hearth's Warming outfits and such, including via Desktop Ponies/Browser Ponies, but that hasn't happened either. Bugs come first… sadly they weren't my bugs :/ The "traditional" DF colors are used for fur color, with mane and tail color roughly opposite, except for children who use Spike-like colors because d'aww.
Darekun likes iron, cobalt, alicorn, cut gems, elves for their comparative advantage, and goblins for being an iron-bearing ore. When possible, she prefers to consume tea, cow meat, and Bacon Salt. She absolutely detests pasture creatures.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2012, 05:51:55 am »

Neat!
I'd like to include those as an option in the pack if you don't mind :P
In other news, new project at work and I'll be working a lot  in the coming weeks, so I doubt my updates will be quite as regular as they have been.
I want to finish the magic tailoring before i release the next version unless there are some huge bugs that require a hotfix, so let me know if you come across any bugs :P

Tecknojock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2012, 07:46:04 am »

Subscribing

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2012, 07:48:14 am »

Oh man, i have been friggin' SWAMPED at work lately, new project required oodles of overtime and to top it off I am also in the process of moving to a new apartment, so I've barely had time to do any ponymodding at all.

Should be calmer at work from next week, so I shall see if i have time to get that magic tailoring in place at least :D

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2012, 04:11:24 pm »

Oh man, i have been friggin' SWAMPED at work lately, new project required oodles of overtime and to top it off I am also in the process of moving to a new apartment, so I've barely had time to do any ponymodding at all.

Should be calmer at work from next week, so I shall see if i have time to get that magic tailoring in place at least :D

If you wanted some more plants for your mod I could provide some more to make things easier on you. Just give me some time to finish up those orchard trees and straw plants I was working on and if you're interested I could post copies of them somewhere for you to review and snag.

It might be a while though, as after some frustrations with helping a real-life friend mod his own Dwarf Fortress game I took a month-long break from my own modding. Apparently I don't like the idea of my friend implementing a wine based off of some emo book drink that much. And if you don't want copies of what I worked on for your mod I'll understand. The offer is out there because I feel like contributing a bit to something and I don't have enough for my own mod yet.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2012, 04:17:03 pm »

Correction to my last post:
We are now even more swamped, and require EVEN MORE overtime...

at least I get paid XD

Mr. J

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2012, 07:10:10 am »

Once upon a time there was a fortress, and in that fortress there was over 600 apples and 6 apple quality control workshop's, and each time 10 apple's were approved off... there was a race! A race to see who could put them all in a basket first, and it's safe to say that the 5 losers complained... a lot... all the time... in the end they were forced to quit and only 1 Apple tree and 1 Quality control remained, but the woe's and screams can still be heard every now and then...

Fin
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now i ain't sayin' i'm a gold digger...

But i am sayin' i dig diggin'

Mr. J

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2012, 07:19:48 am »

What i am complaining about however is soap... or rather, the lack of ways to procure it...

Vanaheimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2012, 12:29:21 pm »

I'll give this a shot, see what happens.

Mr. J

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2012, 01:44:53 pm »

I'll give this a shot, see what happens.

Not to spoil anything but... !FUN! happens

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2012, 05:26:05 pm »

Correction to my last post:
We are now even more swamped, and require EVEN MORE overtime...

at least I get paid XD

I'm sorry to hear about that. I'll refrain from adding to your burdens by waiting to give you copies of what I had worked on for those plants that I made to go with my copy of your mod until I have had some time to further test them out and work out the kinks with things like the cherry trees and the new sources of straw, among other things.

Needless to say that I probably should end my hiatus and get back to enjoying your mod and making things to go along with it. When I was working on it I even made some interesting things for ponies to wear...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Either way, good luck with your job Sorcerer, and let's hope you can find some time to work on the magical tailoring sometime soon.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2012, 06:12:31 pm »

You can produce soap actually, sunflower seeds can be squashed into oil which can be used to make soap!

The problem with apple trees and sorters is an issue. Think I have to rework how they work to fix that problem, but perhaps using burrows could alleviate the problem.

Dei, if you PM me whatever you end up making I can include it in the next version, whenever that is out :P

Mr. J

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2012, 06:35:16 pm »

You can produce soap actually, sunflower seeds can be squashed into oil which can be used to make soap!
Oh... Derp, well now i'll have to wait for the next Caravan to show up... Maybe Then i can prevent half my ponies getting infections...

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2012, 11:00:38 am »

Seeing as the diamond dogs in the show both kidnapped Rarity, showing they have no qualms about slavery, and happened to have pony sized metal harnesses just laying around, shouldn't they be foal snatchers as well?

Also, I've noticed some of my ponies have bow and arrow cutie marks, but crossbows aren't able to be made. They'd be able to make some that would be strapped to a leg.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 12:30:25 pm by Indigo_Surprise »

Mr. J

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2012, 05:39:17 pm »

I've been having some problem with chocolate... do you need a specific amount of cocoa or type of bag to make it?

I've also been having the problem with "90% of my ponies goes into a Leather requiring mood" which is kinda annoying...

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25