Mouth and Horns only
- 35 (42.7%)
Forehooves
- 3 (3.7%)
All of the above
- 44 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2  (Read 80628 times)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.1
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2012, 08:58:42 am »

Hmmm.. that's odd, that should have been fixed... I'll have a look at it!

seems I forgot to move the griffon files from my testbed to my export folder, doh!
They'll be fixed next version!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 09:27:19 am by Sorcerer »

RPGriffon

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Caw-caw, baby. SumunSinsot is here!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2012, 01:44:45 pm »

Ooooh, i've got an idea! What about to add Royal Sisters, Molestia, Discord and/or other MLP characters(or just as creatures, like draconequuses) as non-existent creatures, so they can appear in engravings, like griffons from clean DF?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 02:02:59 pm by RPGriffon »

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2012, 04:02:34 pm »

Ooooh, now that sounds interresting, I'll look into it! :D

FiveFives

• Bay Watcher
  • and their UFO Connection
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2012, 11:58:02 pm »

If this already exists somewhere and I'm not finding it, feel free to scold me, I know a lot of this is based on another DF Pony project.

It would be nice to have a readme file or something that elaborates on some of the features that differ from vanilla DF.
What the various plants can be used for, the function of some of the special buildings, etc.
I know most of that can be discovered by probing the raws and sifting through the (many) pages of the original mod's thread but it would certainly be a nice time and energy saver.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2012, 07:47:04 am »

Theres a full blown readme file in the first post :P link right below where it says "For More details, please read the README file"

FiveFives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2012, 08:41:54 am »

Theres a full blown readme file in the first post :P link right below where it says "For More details, please read the README file"
...I saw it there...I was only testing you...

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2012, 09:23:28 am »

hehe, ofcourse
well, while you're testing, let me know if that readme needs any work (apart from the obvious missing descriptions for the races)

FiveFives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2012, 09:37:11 am »

It doesn't explain what the sawmill actually does. 
The readme also got me very interested in a Wheat industry but none of my civs in any of my worlds seem to offer it on embark.
Is it implemented? If so, how do I obtain it?

Edit: I was going to mention the missing strawberries but I supposed those aren't really different from their vanilla counterpart. Their brew just has a different name, correct?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:42:39 am by FiveFives »

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2012, 11:02:38 am »

Quite so, strawberries are identical to their dwarven counterparts

Did i forget to add the sawmill? i swear it was in my notes... Thanks for catching that!

The Sawmill takes one log and turns it into 3 planks, aka wood blocks, usable only for construction.
With above ground construction requiring LOTS of material, the sawmill can help you get more construction for your wood :D

Wheat is kinda strange, the biome is set to NOT_FREEZING but despite this it doesn't always show up on embark for most civs.
I've found that the best way to get wheat is to make sure your civ covers a lot of ground, which ups the chances.
I am going to add a couple more cereal plants in the "baking arc" most of which will create straw as byproduct.

I am currently working on the pegasus arc, adding weather factory and rainbow refractor to the game.
Light clouds will be usable for certain objects such as furniture, heavy clouds will be usable for construction, and in the rainbow refractor you can solidify rainbows and then extract their color to make dyes.

With the dyes in place it should technically be possible to use glazing as a type of paint system.

Further down the line i have plans for the aforementioned bakery, more options in the clothing/fashion line (gold silk, diamond encrusted ribbons, etc).
I also have some plans for rare plants that have to be purchased from the other civilizations and then cultivated before you can plant them.

FiveFives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2012, 11:12:10 am »

Sounds like some cool stuff, especially the dyes.  Can DF support the glazing of construction materials?

As for the wheat, I guess I'll just have to keep trying worlds until it works. I unfortunately prefer worlds on the smaller end of the spectrum with short histories and few sites.

FiveFives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2012, 12:15:04 pm »

Still at it with no luck. Even allowing my civs to expand across most of the map it seems it's just incredibly hard to get wheat (and to a lesser extent, flax) on Small - Pocket sized maps.
An interesting side discovery is that a lot of smaller worlds run for Short or Medium (I imagine it's the case with longer ones as well) histories result in complete Griffon domination/eradication of the other races.

RPGriffon

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Caw-caw, baby. SumunSinsot is here!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2012, 12:49:14 pm »

In adventure mode, pegasuses can't fly. Maybe it's something with misplaced tag, because griffons can.

FiveFives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2012, 12:55:02 pm »

Alright, so I've given in and generated several larger, more highly populated worlds and I still can not seem to generate a pony civ with access to wheat. Flax also seems to be much rarer than initially believed, it's absent far more often than present.

There is no Wheat entry in the "plant_pony" raw and the FREQUENCY token on Flax is only set to 10.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 01:29:10 pm by FiveFives »

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2012, 02:14:18 pm »

-_-

aaand i just realized the wheat file isn't actually included in the latest release...
I am REALLY good at this arent I...

Soyeah.. let me throw together an update for the latest DF version.. hopefully with everything included this time...

Updated:

Version 1.1.5 Changelog

Updated to Dwarf Fortress 0.34.06, No DFhack and stonesense yet, so i am delivering this fairly vanilla!

Added Wheat
Added Straw as a byproduct to wheat production, after processing wheat you are left with a bale of straw which you can use for:
- Straw Crafts
- Straw Beds
- Burning to Charcoal
- Construction, Straw bales are blocks.
Note that some of these reactions have temporary placings atm

Rainbow Refractor and Weather Factory are also available, but their reactions are disabled for now
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 03:01:41 pm by Sorcerer »

Surp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2012, 03:48:52 pm »

So with the heavy cloud blocks it will actually possible to build things in the sky?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25