Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1274538 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: PoH's Calm and Cool Progressive Expression Thread
« Reply #510 on: March 14, 2012, 09:13:53 pm »

That censorship was really weird. Why were they censored at all, actually? :I
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 14, 2012, 09:17:10 pm »

Maybe bare chests are offensive in Australia?  ;D
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 14, 2012, 09:18:05 pm »

Not really, it has more to do with being an ad coming out of a religious conservative who thinks men holding hands is offensive.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 14, 2012, 09:21:52 pm »

The whole thing is just playing on the "ick" factor. But showing someones grandparents "doin' the do" is pretty "ick" too, yet nobody would take that to mean it should be illegal.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 14, 2012, 09:27:12 pm »

The whole thing is just playing on the "ick" factor. But showing someones grandparents "doin' the do" is pretty "ick" too, yet nobody would take that to mean it should be illegal.
Ah, but grandparents have already bred, hopefully as many times as biologically possible! Thus they have fulfilled their duty to society, unlike those evil gays.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 14, 2012, 09:32:50 pm »

Seriously? It is just expected over there?
It is making fucking national news over here for the controversy... People are either up in arms and insulted, laughing at just how bad the entire thing is, or thumping bibles. Protip: Katter is the only one with a bible in hand.

Attack ads worse than that wouldn't raise any eyebrows on my part. As far as I'm concerned, it just gives me an extra reason to avoid television.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 14, 2012, 09:34:49 pm »

Ok, I think I may have found one of the causes of why your nation is the way it is... Firstly, politics is not meant to be about who has the biggest, holiest dick.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 14, 2012, 09:39:08 pm »

"My dick is 80 million dollars long"
^^^^^
Complete summary of our politics.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #518 on: March 14, 2012, 09:40:06 pm »

I think it's partly because we tried to set limits on how much candidates could advertize themselves.

So, to get around that limit, a legally unrelated organization shows ads against the other guys.

It might be better to just allow them to put all their money into positive ads for themselves, than have to listen to all this bile.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 14, 2012, 09:51:18 pm »

I think it's partly because we tried to set limits on how much candidates could advertize themselves.

So, to get around that limit, a legally unrelated organization shows ads against the other guys.

It might be better to just allow them to put all their money into positive ads for themselves, than have to listen to all this bile.

You know that they'd just directly pay for the personal attacks then though.... :P
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 14, 2012, 10:39:52 pm »

What country are we talking about?

Attack ads pretty much run on the logic that, "If I convince [audience] that the other guy is wrong (or just a dick), then by logical deduction I must be correct, so [audience] will vote for I"

Which is bullpocky, since it is entirely possible (and altogether common) for everyone to be wrong at the same time. And probably dicks too.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 14, 2012, 10:42:44 pm »

What country are we talking about?

Attack ads pretty much run on the logic that, "If I convince [audience] that the other guy is wrong (or just a dick), then by logical deduction I must be correct, so [audience] will vote for I"

Which is bullpocky, since it is entirely possible (and altogether common) for everyone to be wrong at the same time. And probably dicks too.

Well, We're sorta comparing the US to Aus from what I can tell.

As for the rest of what you said, you're right with one critical flaw. "Logic," most people tragically don't use it. It is often choosing the lesser of two evils, so they make the other guy out to be the greater evil....

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 14, 2012, 10:45:16 pm »

Yeah, one reason I wish we had more than two parties to vote for over here (US).

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 15, 2012, 12:10:30 am »

"My dick is 80 million dollars long"
^^^^^
Complete summary of our politics.

wisest post in the entire thread

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 15, 2012, 12:42:06 am »

Rick Santorum doesn't know what he's talking about and no one should be surprised: http://news.yahoo.com/santorum-doesnt-seem-mind-offending-puerto-rico-210301975.html

There is no such law saying you have to speak English to be a U.S. State.... Come on man, the place has a Spanish name....

He's also trying to jump on Obama for still saying "57 States Primaries, instead of 50, duh." Wait, wait, wait, I know what you might be thinking. Yes, there are 50 states, but there are 57 primaries. How you ask? What we do have 57 of? States, commonwealths, another kind of commonwealths, districts, and territories. In other words, we have 57 primaries and caucuses.

As mentioned in the article above. Puerto Rico, not a state, has a primary with I think 23 delegates total? Then there's Guam (9 delegates), Northern Mariana Is.(9 delegates), U.S. Virgin Islands (9 delegates), American Samoa (9 delegates), Washington, D.C. (19 delegates) and I'm forgetting one, but meh. Let's say I'm in the ballpark with those delegate numbers in as close a race as we're running, that's 78 delegates up for grabs.... That could make a pretty big difference.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 759