Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl 0.10 Tournament  (Read 20726 times)

lerugray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl 0.10 Tournament
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2012, 08:27:09 am »

Heres what my options file looks like, i think this is right now

# TEAMNAME Bay_12_Vampires
# TEAMMEMBERS Penguin Hueasn ajikeshi Porter Xgamer4
# Crawl Init file

lemme know if i need anything else

i have a sweet game going with a Merfolk Ice Elementalist of Chei, just got my first rune of the tourney in the swamp! go team! on to the elven halls...

EDIT: right after i wrote this i got blasted by Norris in the Elven Halls. Ballz.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 09:25:19 am by lerugray »

KJC3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2012, 09:30:14 am »

OK Recruits, I've set up the team. Please add
Code: [Select]
# TEAMCAPTAIN un67 to the top of your rcfile. Also, I suppose I should be giving a rousing speech to all of you, so allow me to copy and paste my speech from the last tournament :P

Alright, now that the clock is ticking and the and tournament is fast approaching in only a few hours, it's time for me to give my speech to my fellow Recruits:

Let's be honest here, we're a bit of a motley group. We're at a crossroads between being newbies and being experienced, and it's a painful crossroads to come across. It's hard to break past the point where you have runes but not any wins, and I know that just as much as each of you. We're not awesome like the Champions Forgotten Beasts. We haven't pulled off multiple wins with unlikely combos or 15-runes. We're not proven like the Blacksmiths. Most Some of us don't have wins at all. And yet I believe that this tournament is our time to shine. Why? Unlike the aforementioned groups, we have the most potential to get to a higher level. First (or second!) wins are well within reach of all of us if we can play to our strengths correctly, and I'm expecting to see them! Our triumphs will be hard and unexpected, but they'll be made sooner or later. Just remember, fellow Recruits, that inside each and every one of us there is the potential to become a Champion. All Champions have their beginnings as humble Recruits, after all, and with triumph they become noticed. It's not as hard as it may sound, triumph is, once again, well within reach, you just have to believe if, if not too much (the last thing we want is overconfidence).

Now let's go get some wins, Recruits! And when all else fails... play a KoBe  :P

Love it

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2012, 10:44:24 am »

Whoops, I forgot something - for the attention of team captain Un67, my name on the server is frankhovis, rather than baruk.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2012, 11:47:34 am »

Fixed.

Yunor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2012, 03:40:25 pm »

Can I play for one of the more casual teams?
I have 12 online wins and a bunch of off-line ones, but I'll be pretty busy during the tournament. (and I'm super rusty at crawl right now)

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2012, 04:56:14 pm »

Yay! It's Yunor! Now I can pester him again ;)

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2012, 09:44:11 pm »

Wooooo! Streaked with a HOFi of Oka->TSO with four runes. I considered going for the full 15, but I decided to not risk the streak.

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2012, 04:16:57 am »

Congrats to Kamina for the second win, and a streak!

I got a streak with  my first and second ever online wins, but it  must have been a fluke as it's never happened again.

I think Yunor really ought to be in the top team, IIRC from the last tournament, you're certainly a better player than me. I don't know if it's a good idea to start shuffling the teams around at this stage as it's going to cause confusion for the existing players, so for now I'll put you in Team 4 if you don't mind.

However, I don't know if lemon10 is going to show up, so maybe if he doesn't, I'll put you in my team later.

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2012, 05:43:49 am »

@Moron:

None of the teams have their full complement of players yet (http://seleniac.org/crawl/tourney/12a/teams.html), so you could probably shuffle us without too much agro - swap me out of the FBs, and either a /just stick me in team 4 (fine by me), or b/ swap me with someone who hasn't yet officially joined a team.

@Kamina:

Awesome streaky work :)
Everything I know about reality, I learned from Dwarf Fortress.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2012, 09:30:23 am »

If a better player comes along, you could bump me down a level if needed- I think my ability comes off overstated.

In any case, I tricked out my RC file and I'm getting ready to dive.  Let's start off with something new and cool- a OpCj.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2012, 01:17:10 pm »

Hm, am I on the list Moron/Train?  I think I've got my RC file done correctly.

And damn, Kamina, good work.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2012, 01:31:01 pm »

I love how the vampires are only 26 points down from the recruits, despite the vampires having two fewer people and supposedly being the weaker team. :P
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2012, 01:37:31 pm »

Hm, am I on the list Moron/Train?  I think I've got my RC file done correctly.

And damn, Kamina, good work.

Um, you should be, this is what the top of my rcfile looks like:

# TEAMNAME Bay_12_Forgotten_Beasts
# TEAMMEMBERS Kamina Leafsnail AlStar lemon10 vogonpoetB12

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2012, 02:25:34 pm »

Yeah I am now, looks like it just took a little while to update.  Hopefully I'll start shooting for the big points when I get back this evening.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2012, 02:56:25 pm »

Just reading up on some of the statistics (since I'm unable to play from work, sadly.)

It appears that my ghosts have managed to kill off one other player so far, and that I'm one of only two people to have died to the vault guards.

I used to have high scores for a handful of different species/class combos, but it looks like I've been reduced to just two now - FeBe and DsCK.

There's currently 125 combos that still haven't been played. Depending on how my current game goes, I may have to start working through that list, just for kicks and possible points towards Bay12's score.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15